|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Hannah unable to go to England in the summer of 1557?
2. Who is Mary Stuart?
3. Why does Hannah go with Lord Dudley to Calais in 1558?
4. What changes take place with the printing shop in 1556?
5. What is Hannah arrested for in 1556?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what way is Philip's relationship with Elizabeth a political move?
2. When Hannah returns to court, what state does she find the Queen in?
3. What news does Lord Dudley bring when he returns from court in February 1558?
4. What secret does Mrs. Carpenter reveal about Daniel in Summer - Autumn 1556?
5. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
6. When do Hannah and Daniel marry, and what sort of ceremonies do they have?
7. Where does Hannah go after Daniel's mistress is killed right in front of her?
8. How is Mrs. Carpenter helpful when Hannah's father passes away?
9. What makes Hannah long to return to England in 1557?
10. What does Daniel's mother instruct Hannah about in Calais?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who are Hannah's family members? Do they help or hinder Hannah throughout the novel? Who are the members of Mary's family? Do they help or hinder Mary during her reign?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the death motif in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who dies in the novel and why? How do these deaths affect Hannah, particularly the death of her father?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the genre of the novel. What is the genre of the novel and what are the elements of this kind of genre? What are some other titles of the same genre? What do these works have in common?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)