|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Mary release Elizabeth from prison in 1555?
2. What does Hannah think of the Sussex countryside?
3. In what month do Daniel and Hannah marry?
4. What does Lord Robert and the Queen's council pressure the Queen to do during autumn, 1558?
5. What is Bishop Bonner known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. As she seeks safety, who does Hannah encounter on the street in the winter of 1557-1558?
2. After being found innocent of the charges against her, what does Hannah decide to do?
3. Who does Daniel believe Danny is when he is released from captivity?
4. Why do Hannah and Daniel look forward to Elizabeth's reign as queen?
5. How is Mrs. Carpenter helpful when Hannah's father passes away?
6. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
7. What secret does Mrs. Carpenter reveal about Daniel in Summer - Autumn 1556?
8. When do Hannah and Daniel marry, and what sort of ceremonies do they have?
9. What news does Lord Dudley bring when he returns from court in February 1558?
10. What disappoints Mary about the letters she receives from Philip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the conflicts of the novel "The Queen's Fool". What are some examples of conflict in the novel? How do these conflicts involve and affect Hannah? How are these conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the conclusion of the novel "The Queen's Fool". What happens at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Does the ending stay true to the real historical events? Why might Gregory have chosen to end the story where she does?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of power in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who seeks power? Why do Mary and Elizabeth desire to become Queen? What do they want to do as Queen? To what lengths does Elizabeth go to achieve this goal? To what lengths does Mary go to keep her title? Who is Lady Jane Grey and how does she (and her supporters) try to takeover the throne?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)