|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah do with her breeches in summer, 1556?
2. What does Mrs. Carpenter instruct Hannah on in summer, 1556?
3. What changes take place with the printing shop in 1556?
4. What complicated Queen Mary's health in autumn, 1558?
5. What does Hannah think of the Sussex countryside?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Princess Elizabeth's closest maid to be found in possession of?
2. What does Daniel tell Hannah when her father becomes seriously ill?
3. What makes Hannah long to return to England in 1557?
4. Who does Hannah see while out riding her horse? What does this person bring to Elizabeth?
5. What secret does Mrs. Carpenter reveal about Daniel in Summer - Autumn 1556?
6. Under what circumstances does Mary agree to name Elizabeth her heir?
7. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
8. Why do Hannah and Daniel look forward to Elizabeth's reign as queen?
9. What news does Lord Dudley bring when he returns from court in February 1558?
10. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about a couple of months after she and Daniel marry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of marriage and children in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who does Hannah marry? Is her marriage a happy one? What obstacles does Hannah face in her marriage? Who is Danny? Who does Mary marry? Why does England object to this marriage? Is Mary's marriage a happy one? How does Mary's struggle to have a child affect her and her marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who are Hannah's family members? Do they help or hinder Hannah throughout the novel? Who are the members of Mary's family? Do they help or hinder Mary during her reign?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are some of the secondary characters? Are they based on real historical figures or are they fictitious creations? How do they impact Hannah's life?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)