|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah grow tired of after living with Daniel's family for a while?
2. How many defensive forts surround Calais?
3. Who is Kat Ashley?
4. Where does Hannah live in summer, 1556?
5. Where does Hannah find new quarters for herself and her father in 1556?
Short Essay Questions
1. Realizing that her health is in decline, what does Mary ask Hannah to do?
2. Why do Hannah and Daniel look forward to Elizabeth's reign as queen?
3. Under what circumstances does Mary agree to name Elizabeth her heir?
4. How does Mary view her failed pregnancy, and what does it inspire her to do?
5. What does Daniel's mother instruct Hannah about in Calais?
6. What makes Hannah long to return to England in 1557?
7. When Hannah returns to court, what state does she find the Queen in?
8. Who visits Calais in the early summer in 1557?
9. What disappoints Mary about the letters she receives from Philip?
10. Who does Daniel believe Danny is when he is released from captivity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the conflicts of the novel "The Queen's Fool". What are some examples of conflict in the novel? How do these conflicts involve and affect Hannah? How are these conflicts resolved?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the tone of the novel "The Queen's Fool". How does Gregory convey this tone? Does the tone change at any point in the novel? If so, what events prompt this change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the death motif in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who dies in the novel and why? How do these deaths affect Hannah, particularly the death of her father?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)