|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannah catch entering Elizabeth's chambers through a secret passage?
2. Who is Amy?
3. Why is Lord Dudley and his men unable to stop the enemy from invading Calais?
4. What does Queen Mary begin to feel anxious about in spring, 1555?
5. What month does the court move in to Hampton in 1558?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Hannah returns to court, what state does she find the Queen in?
2. How does Mary view her failed pregnancy, and what does it inspire her to do?
3. What does Daniel's mother instruct Hannah about in Calais?
4. What is Princess Elizabeth's closest maid to be found in possession of?
5. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
6. Who does Hannah see while out riding her horse? What does this person bring to Elizabeth?
7. As she seeks safety, who does Hannah encounter on the street in the winter of 1557-1558?
8. When do Hannah and Daniel marry, and what sort of ceremonies do they have?
9. Realizing that her health is in decline, what does Mary ask Hannah to do?
10. What disappoints Mary about the letters she receives from Philip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel. What is the genre of the novel and what are the elements of this kind of genre? What are some other titles of the same genre? What do these works have in common?
Essay Topic 2
What are the different roles of the English monarchy during the Tudor Era? What titles do Elizabeth and Mary hold during the novel? What title do they both covet? How does Elizabeth try to steal Mary's title away from her?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of power in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who seeks power? Why do Mary and Elizabeth desire to become Queen? What do they want to do as Queen? To what lengths does Elizabeth go to achieve this goal? To what lengths does Mary go to keep her title? Who is Lady Jane Grey and how does she (and her supporters) try to takeover the throne?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)