|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hannah's father move to France?
2. What do Mary's advisors recommend Mary do to those who plotted against her?
3. Where does Elizabeth spend her winter in 1554?
4. Who does Hannah spend her afternoons with at court in spring, 1553?
5. What could associating with Lord Dudley do to Hannah's family in 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hannah break her engagement to Daniel?
2. In May 1554, where is Elizabeth taken to live?
3. In Autumn and Winter 1553, what do Mary's advisors recommend that she do to secure her throne?
4. Where does the Duke of Northumberland send Hannah in Spring 1553? How does Hannah feel about her assignment?
5. Why is Hannah sent to the English court in the summer of 1548?
6. Why does Hannah go to see Lord Dudley at the Tower?
7. What happens politically after the death of King Edward?
8. Why does Mary invite Elizabeth to return to court in Spring 1555?
9. What did Mary's councillors want to do to Elizabeth following the uprising against Mary? Why does Elizabeth procrastinate in her return to London?
10. How do Elizabeth and Mary differ in their religious beliefs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the different roles of the English monarchy during the Tudor Era? What titles do Elizabeth and Mary hold during the novel? What title do they both covet? How does Elizabeth try to steal Mary's title away from her?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of marriage and children in the novel "The Queen's Fool". Who does Hannah marry? Is her marriage a happy one? What obstacles does Hannah face in her marriage? Who is Danny? Who does Mary marry? Why does England object to this marriage? Is Mary's marriage a happy one? How does Mary's struggle to have a child affect her and her marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the conflicts of the novel "The Queen's Fool". What are some examples of conflict in the novel? How do these conflicts involve and affect Hannah? How are these conflicts resolved?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)