|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannah predict will be the King's successor?
2. How does Hannah feel about being sent to Lady Mary's home in 1553?
3. What does Elizabeth fear about returning to London in 1554?
4. When does Queen Mary announce her pregnancy?
5. How does Hannah spend her mornings at court in spring, 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hannah sent to the English court in the summer of 1548?
2. What does Mary agonize over in Spring and Summer 1554?
3. What offer does Mary give to Elizabeth in order for Elizabeth to regain her freedom?
4. How did Hannah come to be employed in the home of the Dudley family?
5. Why does Mary invite Elizabeth to return to court in Spring 1555?
6. What news trickles in to Woodstock while Hannah is staying the winter there with Elizabeth?
7. What vision does Hannah have concerning Tom Seymour?
8. Where does the Duke of Northumberland send Hannah in Spring 1553? How does Hannah feel about her assignment?
9. Why is Lord Dudley sent to the Tower? What does this mean for Hannah?
10. Under what circumstances do Hannah and her father move to England?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the conclusion of the novel "The Queen's Fool". What happens at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Are there any surprises at the end of the novel? Does the ending stay true to the real historical events? Why might Gregory have chosen to end the story where she does?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss some of the major differences between life in the Tudor period and like in modern-day England. How might this story have been different if it were set in modern-day England?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motif of love and romance. Discuss the relationship between Hannah and Lord Dudley, as well as Hannah and Daniel.
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)