|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mary forced to do following the second uprising against her?
2. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
3. Where does Elizabeth go at Christmas time in 1553?
4. Why do Hannah and her father discuss running away in April 1553?
5. What does the Queen reiterate to Elizabeth in autumn, 1554?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary send Hannah to visit Elizabeth in Winter 1554?
2. How did Hannah's father keep her safe after they fled from Spain?
3. During Mary's fight for the throne, where was her half-sister, Lady Elizabeth? When did Elizabeth reappear?
4. What does Hannah have a vision of on the way to Mary's castle with Elizabeth?
5. How do the Dudley's hope to use Hannah's premonitory visions to their advantage? What does Hannah predict about the succession of the throne?
6. In Spring 1553, why are disappearances occurring? What does this mean for Hannah's family?
7. What does Hannah discover when she goes to visit her ill father in Spring and Summer 1554?
8. Why does Hannah break her engagement to Daniel?
9. What is Mary required to do following the uprising against her in Winter 1554?
10. Why does Mary invite Elizabeth to return to court in Spring 1555?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the presence of religion in "The Queen's Fool". Is Hannah a religious person? Are Elizabeth and Mary religious? How does religion shape Mary's reign? How do Hannah's beliefs affect her life?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of love and romance. Discuss the relationship between Hannah and Lord Dudley, as well as Hannah and Daniel.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the secondary characters of the novel. Who are some of the secondary characters? Are they based on real historical figures or are they fictitious creations? How do they impact Hannah's life?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)