|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Philip's letters in Autumn 1555 disappoints Mary?
(a) They are written in Spanish.
(b) They condemn her for being uncaring toward her sister.
(c) They are filled only with matters of policy.
(d) They are few in number.
2. What changes take place with the printing shop in 1556?
(a) It burns down.
(b) It is split down the middle so that another shop can share the space.
(c) It is relocated.
(d) An expansion is added onto house additional equipment.
3. What must Elizabeth promise to do for Mary to name her as heir?
(a) Marry and have children.
(b) Break her ties with the Dudleys.
(c) Admit to her role in the rebel uprisings.
(d) Endorse the Catholic religion.
4. What does the King contemplate doing in spring, 1555?
(a) Asking the Queen to return to court.
(b) Keeping Elizabeth at court.
(c) Banishing Elizabeth from court.
(d) Arranging a marriage between Elizabeth and his brother.
5. What is Hannah arrested for in 1556?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed in front of Hannah during the invasion?
2. How long is Hannah's father sick before she contacts Dr. Carpenter?
3. Why do Hannah and Marie separate during the French invasion?
4. In what month do Daniel and Hannah marry?
5. What had Sir William Pickering attempted to do but failed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
2. How does Mary view her failed pregnancy, and what does it inspire her to do?
3. When do Hannah and Daniel marry, and what sort of ceremonies do they have?
4. When Hannah returns to court, what state does she find the Queen in?
5. How is Mrs. Carpenter helpful when Hannah's father passes away?
6. Where does Hannah go after Daniel's mistress is killed right in front of her?
7. What does Daniel's mother instruct Hannah about in Calais?
8. Under what circumstances does Mary agree to name Elizabeth her heir?
9. What makes Hannah long to return to England in 1557?
10. After being found innocent of the charges against her, what does Hannah decide to do?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)