|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hannah is found innocent and released, what does she realize?
(a) That Daniel is to blame for her arrest.
(b) That she is no longer safe in England.
(c) That she has many trustworthy friends.
(d) That she hasn't had a vision in over a month.
2. Who helps Hannah make sure that the Jewish customs are followed at Hannah's father's death?
(b) Daniel's mother.
(c) A local rabbi.
3. What does Hannah learn about the Queen in the summer of 1557?
(a) She has declared war on Germany.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She has turned against Elizabeth again.
(d) She is dying.
4. What does Hannah read to her ailing father?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Torah.
(c) "In Praise of Folly."
(d) A newspaper.
5. What does Lord Robert and the Queen's council pressure the Queen to do during autumn, 1558?
(a) Abdicate the throne.
(b) Punish her husband's mistress.
(c) Recall her army from France.
(d) Name an heir.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Carpenter disclose to Hannah after Hannah had been married for two months?
2. What does Hannah grow tired of after living with Daniel's family for a while?
3. What is done to the Queen's quarters in spring of 1555?
4. What is Hannah arrested for in 1556?
5. What does Hannah learn about Lord Dudley in the summer of 1557?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Princess Elizabeth's closest maid to be found in possession of?
2. What disappoints Mary about the letters she receives from Philip?
3. Where does Hannah go after Daniel's mistress is killed right in front of her?
4. On what charge is Hannah arrested? Who vouches for her when she is brought before Bishop Bonner? After new laws are passed which widen the criteria for arrest for heresy, Hannah is arrested.
5. What secret does Mrs. Carpenter reveal about Daniel in Summer - Autumn 1556?
6. What does Daniel's mother instruct Hannah about in Calais?
7. Who visits Calais in the early summer in 1557?
8. What does Daniel tell Hannah when her father becomes seriously ill?
9. How is Mrs. Carpenter helpful when Hannah's father passes away?
10. As she seeks safety, who does Hannah encounter on the street in the winter of 1557-1558?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)