|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose name is on the list of political prisoners being held by the French?
(b) Hannah's father's.
(c) Mr. Dee's.
(d) Lord Dudley's.
2. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about two months after her wedding?
(a) That Hannah intends to return to England.
(b) That Hannah is not yet pregnant.
(c) That Hannah's father is suspected of stealing from the Carpenters.
(d) That Daniel is losing weight and must not be eating properly.
3. Why is Lord Dudley and his men unable to stop the enemy from invading Calais?
(a) The invaders attack at night.
(b) The invaders attacked from behind.
(c) The invaders attack by air.
(d) The invaders have superior weapons.
4. What does Hannah think of the Sussex countryside?
(a) It's the most beautiful place she has been.
(b) Her mother would have enjoyed it.
(c) It reminds her of Spain.
(d) She is bored by it.
5. What does Hannah do to draw less attention to her status as single women?
(a) She wears breeches.
(b) She still wears a wedding ring.
(c) She goes out only once a week.
(d) She makes small talk about her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah monitor closely in the winter of 1556?
2. Why does Elizabeth no longer fear her sister as of spring, 1555?
3. How does Hannah escape the invasion?
4. What does Hannah warn Elizabeth against in the spring of 1555?
5. What does Queen Mary hope to do in March, 1558?
Short Essay Questions
1. When do Hannah and Daniel marry, and what sort of ceremonies do they have?
2. How does Mary view her failed pregnancy, and what does it inspire her to do?
3. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about a couple of months after she and Daniel marry?
4. What news does Lord Dudley bring when he returns from court in February 1558?
5. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
6. In what way is Philip's relationship with Elizabeth a political move?
7. Under what circumstances does Mary agree to name Elizabeth her heir?
8. When Hannah returns to court, what state does she find the Queen in?
9. Where does Hannah go after Daniel's mistress is killed right in front of her?
10. Who visits Calais in the early summer in 1557?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)