|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is Hannah's father sick before she contacts Dr. Carpenter?
(a) One month.
(b) A week and a half.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five days.
2. What must Elizabeth promise to do for Mary to name her as heir?
(a) Marry and have children.
(b) Endorse the Catholic religion.
(c) Break her ties with the Dudleys.
(d) Admit to her role in the rebel uprisings.
3. What had Sir William Pickering attempted to do but failed?
(a) Have Elizabeth imprisoned.
(b) Hold negotiations between England and France.
(c) Overthrow the queen.
(d) Lure the King into having an affair.
4. What does Queen Mary begin to feel anxious about in spring, 1555?
(a) Word that the rebels are organizing against her again.
(b) That her husband has not written to her from Spain.
(c) The dizzy spells she has been experiencing.
(d) Her baby's lateness in arriving.
5. What is Bishop Bonner known as?
(a) A secret Church reformist.
(b) The Queen's most trusted clergyman.
(c) A true supporter of the impoverished.
(d) The mastermind of the Inquisition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Carpenter instruct Hannah on in summer, 1556?
2. Where does Hannah have a vision which causes her to faint in autumn, 1556?
3. What month does Lord Dudley visit his home in 1558?
4. What does Hannah read to her ailing father?
5. Who is Amy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Hannah long to return to England in 1557?
2. Realizing that her health is in decline, what does Mary ask Hannah to do?
3. Under what circumstances does Mary agree to name Elizabeth her heir?
4. Where does Hannah go after Daniel's mistress is killed right in front of her?
5. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about a couple of months after she and Daniel marry?
6. What does Daniel tell Hannah when her father becomes seriously ill?
7. When do Hannah and Daniel marry, and what sort of ceremonies do they have?
8. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
9. What news does Lord Dudley bring when he returns from court in February 1558?
10. What secret does Mrs. Carpenter reveal about Daniel in Summer - Autumn 1556?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)