|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the royal court relocate in autumn of 1555?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Daniel's sisters?
3. Where does Hannah discover her father and Daniel in spring, 1556?
(a) At her father's shop.
(b) On a barge on the river.
(c) At the Tower.
(d) At the market.
4. Where does Elizabeth go in autumn, 1555?
5. Why does King Philip go to the area where Hannah lives in summer, 1557?
(a) To visit with French dignitaries.
(b) To choose land for a new royal palace.
(c) To recruit soldiers.
(d) To oversee the trial of a murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Lord Dudley and his men unable to stop the enemy from invading Calais?
2. Where does Hannah have a vision which causes her to faint in autumn, 1556?
3. What does Lord Robert and the Queen's council pressure the Queen to do during autumn, 1558?
4. What does the King contemplate doing in spring, 1555?
5. What does Hannah do with her breeches in summer, 1556?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Hannah long to return to England in 1557?
2. Who does Daniel believe Danny is when he is released from captivity?
3. What news does Lord Dudley bring when he returns from court in February 1558?
4. What disappoints Mary about the letters she receives from Philip?
5. After being found innocent of the charges against her, what does Hannah decide to do?
6. Who does Hannah see while out riding her horse? What does this person bring to Elizabeth?
7. What is Elizabeth's behavior like while the Queen is in confinement?
8. On what charge is Hannah arrested? Who vouches for her when she is brought before Bishop Bonner? After new laws are passed which widen the criteria for arrest for heresy, Hannah is arrested.
9. Where does Hannah go after Daniel's mistress is killed right in front of her?
10. Why do Hannah and Daniel look forward to Elizabeth's reign as queen?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)