|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elizabeth fear about returning to London in 1554?
(a) That the courtiers will not welcome her.
(b) That there is plague in the city.
(c) That it will result in her death.
(d) That she will be forced to take on more responsibilty at court.
2. What is Lady Jane awaiting as of winter, 1554?
(a) A marriage.
(b) An invitation to court.
(c) To be returned to the throne.
3. Why does Queen Mary request Elizabeth to return to court in the summer of 1554?
(a) To welcome Prince Philip.
(b) To take advantage of the information Hannah provides with her visions.
(c) To keep Hannah away from Elizabeth.
(d) So Mary can utilize Hannah as a spy.
4. How does Hannah respond to what Daniel's demands of her in March, 1554?
(a) She slaps Daniel.
(b) She reports Daniel for heresy.
(c) She breaks their engagement.
(d) She agrees wholeheartedly.
5. Who is unattended and disgraced by spring 1554?
(c) Lord Dudley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lady Mary's home?
2. How does Elizabeth feel about returning to London in 1554?
3. What does the court receive word of in October, 1554?
4. How does Mary's court change after Elizabeth leaves in 1553?
5. Why is Lord Dudley sent to the Tower in autumn, 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hannah's father keep her safe after they fled from Spain?
2. Why is Mary unable to raise an army to defend herself in Winter 1554?
3. What offer does Mary give to Elizabeth in order for Elizabeth to regain her freedom?
4. Why does Mary send Hannah to visit Elizabeth in Winter 1554?
5. What was the goal of the rebel army that advanced to London in winter 1553?
6. Who did the country people hope would ascend to the throne and why?
7. Though Mary is about to give birth to an heir, under what circumstance would Elizabeth still be in line to the throne?
8. What news trickles in to Woodstock while Hannah is staying the winter there with Elizabeth?
9. Why does Hannah return to serve Elizabeth after agreeing to go to France?
10. Why is Hannah sent to the English court in the summer of 1548?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)