|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary forced to do following the second uprising against her?
(a) Flee to Spain.
(b) Renouce her Catholic faith.
(c) Imprison her councilmen.
(d) Punish the traitors more severely.
2. Who does Mary send Hannah to visit in winter, 1554?
(b) Hannah's father.
(c) Lord Dudley.
(d) Mr. Dee.
3. Why does Queen Mary request Elizabeth to return to court in the summer of 1554?
(a) To take advantage of the information Hannah provides with her visions.
(b) To welcome Prince Philip.
(c) So Mary can utilize Hannah as a spy.
(d) To keep Hannah away from Elizabeth.
4. Why does Hannah's father move to France?
(a) To meet with family.
(b) To persue a business opportunity.
(c) To cut down on his expenses.
(d) To avoid religious persecution.
5. Why is Lord Dudley sent to the Tower in autumn, 1553?
(a) For heresy.
(b) For plotting to have Jane Gray killed.
(c) For his involvement in the plot to crown Jane Gray.
(d) For his involvement in the plot to crown Elizabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary treat Hannah when Hannah arrives at Mary's home in 1553?
2. What does Elizabeth procrastinate about in the winter of 1554?
3. What does the country encourage Mary to do in 1553?
4. How did Hannah's mother die?
5. Who does Hannah receive a letter from in March of 1554?
Short Essay Questions
1. On her journey to Hunsdon, what does Hannah notice about the villages she passes through?
2. What does Mary do when she needs an army to defend her in Winter 1554?
3. What did Mary's councillors want to do to Elizabeth following the uprising against Mary? Why does Elizabeth procrastinate in her return to London?
4. What does Hannah discover when she goes to visit her ill father in Spring and Summer 1554?
5. What offer does Mary give to Elizabeth in order for Elizabeth to regain her freedom?
6. Why does Hannah return to serve Elizabeth after agreeing to go to France?
7. In Autumn 1554, what is special about life at court?
8. Why is Hannah sent to the English court in the summer of 1548?
9. What does Hannah have a vision of on the way to Mary's castle with Elizabeth?
10. In May 1554, where is Elizabeth taken to live?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)