|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Queen Mary feel about the news that the court receives in October, 1554?
(a) She feels devastated.
(b) She feels nervous.
(c) She feels compassion.
(d) She feels vindicated.
2. What does Hannah look at before leaving London in 1554?
(a) The palace gardens.
(b) The Tower.
(c) Westminster Abbey.
(d) A plume of smoke in the sky.
3. What does Hannah ask Lord Dudley when she visits him in the Tower?
(a) To be released from his service.
(b) Whether he has ever killed a person.
(c) For him to arrange a marriage for her.
(d) For a raise in her wages.
4. When is Elizabeth invited to return to court in 1555?
5. Why do the country people wish for Mary to ascend to the throne?
(a) They believe she will finally end the war with France.
(b) They believe she will bring prosperity back to England.
(c) Mary is the only royal figure whom the country people trust.
(d) Mary has promised to cut taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
2. How does Hannah feel about being sent to Lady Mary's home in 1553?
3. Where is Mary married?
4. How does Hannah feel about the vision she has in spring, 1555?
5. How does Elizabeth feel about returning to London in 1554?
Short Essay Questions
1. In May 1554, where is Elizabeth taken to live?
2. On her journey to Hunsdon, what does Hannah notice about the villages she passes through?
3. Why does Mary invite Elizabeth to return to court in Spring 1555?
4. What does Mary agonize over in Spring and Summer 1554?
5. In Spring 1553, why are disappearances occurring? What does this mean for Hannah's family?
6. Though Mary is about to give birth to an heir, under what circumstance would Elizabeth still be in line to the throne?
7. What does Mary do when she needs an army to defend her in Winter 1554?
8. Why does Hannah return to serve Elizabeth after agreeing to go to France?
9. Why does Hannah break her engagement to Daniel?
10. How did Hannah come to be employed in the home of the Dudley family?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)