|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannah spend her mornings at court in spring, 1553?
(a) Studying with John Dee.
(b) Praying at the cathedral.
(c) Meditating to encourage her visions.
(d) Playing in the garden.
2. What does Hannah ask Lord Dudley when she visits him in the Tower?
(a) For a raise in her wages.
(b) Whether he has ever killed a person.
(c) For him to arrange a marriage for her.
(d) To be released from his service.
3. When is Elizabeth invited to return to court in 1555?
4. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
(a) Send her away to France.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Have her immediately executed.
(d) Bestow a title on her.
5. What street does Hannah's father work on?
(a) Bond Street.
(b) Baker Street.
(c) Downing Street.
(d) Fleet Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news saddens Mary in 1553?
2. What could associating with Lord Dudley do to Hannah's family in 1553?
3. After King Edward's death, who is installed on the throne?
4. What does the country encourage Mary to do in 1553?
5. Why do the country people wish for Mary to ascend to the throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offer does Mary give to Elizabeth in order for Elizabeth to regain her freedom?
2. What vision does Hannah have concerning Tom Seymour?
3. Who did the country people hope would ascend to the throne and why?
4. In Autumn and Winter 1553, what do Mary's advisors recommend that she do to secure her throne?
5. Under what circumstances do Hannah and her father move to England?
6. During Mary's fight for the throne, where was her half-sister, Lady Elizabeth? When did Elizabeth reappear?
7. How did Hannah's father keep her safe after they fled from Spain?
8. What happens politically after the death of King Edward?
9. What is Mary required to do following the uprising against her in Winter 1554?
10. Why does Mary invite Elizabeth to return to court in Spring 1555?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)