|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religion does Mary's desired husband practice?
(d) Norse Paganism.
2. Where is Lady Mary's home?
3. Which of the following is a castle that Mary flees to after Edward's death?
(a) Flamlingham Castle.
(b) Eastcotts Castle.
(c) Lavendon Castle.
(d) Totternhoe Castle.
4. What religion does Mary convert England to?
5. Why did Hannah and her family convert to a different religion?
(a) For their own safety.
(b) It was Hannah's mother's dying wish.
(c) They no longer believed in the Jewish religion.
(d) They were tricked into doing so.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannah spend her afternoons with at court in spring, 1553?
2. What do the Dudley's dress Hannah in when they bring her to court in 1553?
3. What does the Queen reiterate to Elizabeth in autumn, 1554?
4. How does Mary treat Hannah when Hannah arrives at Mary's home in 1553?
5. What does Hannah notice about the villages on the way to Lady Mary's home in 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Hannah's father keep her safe after they fled from Spain?
2. Why does Mary invite Elizabeth to return to court in Spring 1555?
3. In Autumn 1554, what is special about life at court?
4. In Spring 1553, why are disappearances occurring? What does this mean for Hannah's family?
5. Where does the Duke of Northumberland send Hannah in Spring 1553? How does Hannah feel about her assignment?
6. In Autumn and Winter 1553, what do Mary's advisors recommend that she do to secure her throne?
7. What does Mary agonize over in Spring and Summer 1554?
8. Why does Hannah return to serve Elizabeth after agreeing to go to France?
9. What was the goal of the rebel army that advanced to London in winter 1553?
10. Why is Mary unable to raise an army to defend herself in Winter 1554?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)