|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary spend hours agonizing over in the spring of 1554?
(a) Philip's infidelity.
(b) Whether or not to go to war.
(c) Her inability to get pregnant.
(d) Whether or not to send Elizabeth to her death.
2. What do the Dudleys plan to use Hannah's gift of vision for?
(a) For scientific experimentation.
(b) To solve mysteries.
(c) For their political advantage.
(d) To entertain the King.
3. Who is unattended and disgraced by spring 1554?
(c) Lord Dudley.
4. Who does Hannah predict will be the King's successor?
(a) Princess Mary.
(b) Princess Elizabeth.
(c) Lord Dudley.
(d) Lady Jane Grey.
5. Where in France do Hannah's father and Daniel decide to go in 1554?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hannah accompany Elizabeth in spring, 1554?
2. Who does Hannah see with Princess Elizabeth in the castle garden in the summer of 1548?
3. What religion had Edward VI converted England to?
4. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
5. How does Mary treat Hannah when Hannah arrives at Mary's home in 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens politically after the death of King Edward?
2. What does Daniel say in his letter to Hannah in Summer 1554? What does Hannah eventually reply?
3. Though Mary is about to give birth to an heir, under what circumstance would Elizabeth still be in line to the throne?
4. Who did the country people hope would ascend to the throne and why?
5. What does Hannah have a vision of on the way to Mary's castle with Elizabeth?
6. What does Hannah assume when Mary sends her to see Elizabeth in Winter 1554? What does Mary remind Hannah of to correct her?
7. Under what circumstances do Hannah and her father move to England?
8. In Spring 1553, why are disappearances occurring? What does this mean for Hannah's family?
9. How did Hannah's father keep her safe after they fled from Spain?
10. In Autumn 1554, what is special about life at court?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)