|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Hannah live before emigrating to England?
2. What is a Marrano?
(a) A high position in the Roman Catholic Church.
(b) A traditional Portugese headpiece.
(c) An Spanish person born abroad.
(d) A Jewish convert to Christianity.
3. What is Mary forced to do following the second uprising against her?
(a) Punish the traitors more severely.
(b) Flee to Spain.
(c) Imprison her councilmen.
(d) Renouce her Catholic faith.
4. What problem arises in regards to the army that is available in 1554?
(a) Many of the men are without weapons.
(b) Many of the men are unsure of their allegiances.
(c) Many of the men demand higher wages.
(d) Many of the men have to travel from Scotland.
5. Who is unattended and disgraced by spring 1554?
(c) Lord Dudley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah see approaching as she leaves London in 1554?
2. Why does Hannah's father move to France?
3. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
4. How does Mary attempt to use Hannah's gift of sight in winter, 1554?
5. What does the country encourage Mary to do in 1553?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mary required to do following the uprising against her in Winter 1554?
2. On her journey to Hunsdon, what does Hannah notice about the villages she passes through?
3. What does Daniel say in his letter to Hannah in Summer 1554? What does Hannah eventually reply?
4. What did Mary's councillors want to do to Elizabeth following the uprising against Mary? Why does Elizabeth procrastinate in her return to London?
5. Where does the Duke of Northumberland send Hannah in Spring 1553? How does Hannah feel about her assignment?
6. Though Mary is about to give birth to an heir, under what circumstance would Elizabeth still be in line to the throne?
7. What does Mary do when she needs an army to defend her in Winter 1554?
8. Why does Mary invite Elizabeth to return to court in Spring 1555?
9. What vision does Hannah have concerning Tom Seymour?
10. Why does Hannah go to see Lord Dudley at the Tower?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)