|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hannah is found innocent and released, what does she realize?
(a) That she hasn't had a vision in over a month.
(b) That she has many trustworthy friends.
(c) That Daniel is to blame for her arrest.
(d) That she is no longer safe in England.
2. Who does Daniel mistake Danny for when he is reunited with Hannah in 1558?
(a) Philip's illegitimate son.
(b) Daniel's sister's son.
(c) Hannah's own son.
(d) Lord Dudley's son.
3. What month does Lord Dudley visit his home in 1558?
4. What is Bishop Bonner known as?
(a) The mastermind of the Inquisition.
(b) A true supporter of the impoverished.
(c) A secret Church reformist.
(d) The Queen's most trusted clergyman.
5. Where does Hannah discover her father and Daniel in spring, 1556?
(a) On a barge on the river.
(b) At the market.
(c) At the Tower.
(d) At her father's shop.
6. What month does the court move in to Hampton in 1558?
7. Why is Mr. Dee arrested?
(a) For suggesting the Queen is cursed and cannot have children.
(b) For supporting the rebellion against the Queen.
(c) For casting the Queen's horoscope.
(d) For practicing the Jewish religion.
8. What does Hannah do to draw less attention to her status as single women?
(a) She makes small talk about her husband.
(b) She wears breeches.
(c) She still wears a wedding ring.
(d) She goes out only once a week.
9. When does Hannah like to go horse-riding in the spring of 1555?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) At dusk.
(c) After dark.
(d) Early morning.
10. Who helps Hannah make sure that the Jewish customs are followed at Hannah's father's death?
(b) A local rabbi.
(d) Daniel's mother.
11. What does Queen Mary hope to do in March, 1558?
(a) Celebrate her wedding anniversary.
(b) Raise an army to invade France.
(c) Tour the north.
(d) Deliver a child.
12. Who does Hannah meet on the street on her way to Daniel's home during the invasion?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) Daniel's eldest sister.
(c) Mrs. Carpenter.
(d) Daniel's mistress.
13. What does Hannah learn about the Queen in the summer of 1557?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is dying.
(c) She has turned against Elizabeth again.
(d) She has declared war on Germany.
14. What must Elizabeth promise to do for Mary to name her as heir?
(a) Admit to her role in the rebel uprisings.
(b) Marry and have children.
(c) Break her ties with the Dudleys.
(d) Endorse the Catholic religion.
15. What does not improve the Queen's health in autumn, 1558?
(a) Keeping her in hightly heated rooms.
(b) The change of venue.
(c) The tonics she uses.
(d) The birth of her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hannah learn about Lord Dudley in the summer of 1557?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of Daniel's sisters?
3. Where does Hannah live in summer, 1556?
4. What is Princess Elizabeth arrested for in 1556?
5. Where does Hannah find new quarters for herself and her father in 1556?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)