|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hannah warn Elizabeth against in the spring of 1555?
(a) Marrying into the Spanish royal family.
(b) Becoming so intimate with the King.
(c) Continuing to plot against the Catholics.
(d) Marrying into the French royal family.
2. What does Hannah learn about the Queen in the summer of 1557?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She has declared war on Germany.
(c) She has turned against Elizabeth again.
(d) She is pregnant.
3. Why does King Philip go to the area where Hannah lives in summer, 1557?
(a) To choose land for a new royal palace.
(b) To recruit soldiers.
(c) To oversee the trial of a murderer.
(d) To visit with French dignitaries.
4. What does Hannah think of the Sussex countryside?
(a) Her mother would have enjoyed it.
(b) She is bored by it.
(c) It's the most beautiful place she has been.
(d) It reminds her of Spain.
5. Who does Hannah see while at church in autumn, 1556?
(a) Daniel's entire family.
(b) A vision of her mother.
(c) Robert Dudley.
6. Where does Elizabeth go in autumn, 1555?
7. Who helps Hannah make sure that the Jewish customs are followed at Hannah's father's death?
(b) A local rabbi.
(d) Daniel's mother.
8. Who does Hannah catch entering Elizabeth's chambers through a secret passage?
(a) Cardinal Pole.
(b) Mr. Dee.
(d) Robert Dudley.
9. What had Sir William Pickering attempted to do but failed?
(a) Hold negotiations between England and France.
(b) Overthrow the queen.
(c) Have Elizabeth imprisoned.
(d) Lure the King into having an affair.
10. Why does Elizabeth no longer fear her sister as of spring, 1555?
(a) She is protected by King Philip.
(b) She has the support of the English people.
(c) She will soon be moving abroad.
(d) She knows Mary hasn't got long to live.
11. Where does Hannah have a vision which causes her to faint in autumn, 1556?
(a) In the market.
(b) At church.
(c) In the print shop.
(d) At the Carpenters' house.
12. What is Hannah arrested for in 1556?
13. What does Hannah read to her ailing father?
(a) A newspaper.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Bible.
(d) "In Praise of Folly."
14. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about two months after her wedding?
(a) That Hannah is not yet pregnant.
(b) That Hannah's father is suspected of stealing from the Carpenters.
(c) That Hannah intends to return to England.
(d) That Daniel is losing weight and must not be eating properly.
15. Who is Marie?
(a) One of Queen Mary's maids.
(b) Hannah's next-door neighbor.
(c) A Carpenter cousin.
(d) A night nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Lord Dudley visit his home in 1558?
2. What does Queen Mary begin to feel anxious about in spring, 1555?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of Daniel's sisters?
4. What does Hannah grow tired of after living with Daniel's family for a while?
5. What does Lord Robert and the Queen's council pressure the Queen to do during autumn, 1558?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)