|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Marie?
(a) A night nurse.
(b) A Carpenter cousin.
(c) Hannah's next-door neighbor.
(d) One of Queen Mary's maids.
2. What does Hannah learn about Lord Dudley in the summer of 1557?
(a) He is in Calais.
(b) He has been sentenced to die.
(c) He has been released from prison.
(d) He is gravely ill.
3. When does Hannah like to go horse-riding in the spring of 1555?
(a) After dark.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) Early morning.
(d) At dusk.
4. Who is Mary Stuart?
(a) Queen Mary's cousin.
(b) Queen Mary's maid.
(c) Lord Dudley's wife.
(d) Philip's niece.
5. Who does Daniel mistake Danny for when he is reunited with Hannah in 1558?
(a) Daniel's sister's son.
(b) Hannah's own son.
(c) Philip's illegitimate son.
(d) Lord Dudley's son.
6. Who is killed in front of Hannah during the invasion?
(a) Daniel's niece.
(c) Daniel's mistress.
(d) Daniel's mother.
7. What does Hannah warn Elizabeth against in the spring of 1555?
(a) Marrying into the French royal family.
(b) Continuing to plot against the Catholics.
(c) Marrying into the Spanish royal family.
(d) Becoming so intimate with the King.
8. What does Mrs. Carpenter disclose to Hannah after Hannah had been married for two months?
(a) That Daniel has a son with someone else.
(b) That Daniel has joined the army.
(c) That her daughters dislike and distrust Hannah.
(d) That Daniel is not her real son.
9. Who does Elizabeth flirt with in the Queen's absence in 1555?
(b) Mr. Dee.
(c) The Queen's brother-in-law.
(d) Robert Dudley.
10. What must Elizabeth promise to do for Mary to name her as heir?
(a) Endorse the Catholic religion.
(b) Marry and have children.
(c) Break her ties with the Dudleys.
(d) Admit to her role in the rebel uprisings.
11. What does Hannah do with her breeches in summer, 1556?
(a) Uses their fabric to make blankets.
(b) Sells them for money to buy food.
(c) Exchanges them for more appropriate gowns.
(d) Gives them to a charity.
12. What month does Mary release Elizabeth from prison in 1555?
13. Whose name is on the list of political prisoners being held by the French?
(b) Hannah's father's.
(c) Mr. Dee's.
(d) Lord Dudley's.
14. What changes take place with the printing shop in 1556?
(a) It is relocated.
(b) An expansion is added onto house additional equipment.
(c) It is split down the middle so that another shop can share the space.
(d) It burns down.
15. Who does Hannah catch entering Elizabeth's chambers through a secret passage?
(b) Robert Dudley.
(c) Cardinal Pole.
(d) Mr. Dee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Hannah have a vision which causes her to faint in autumn, 1556?
2. What is Princess Elizabeth arrested for in 1556?
3. How many defensive forts surround Calais?
4. Where does Elizabeth go in autumn, 1555?
5. What does Lord Robert and the Queen's council pressure the Queen to do during autumn, 1558?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)