|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Hannah is found innocent and released, what does she realize?
(a) That Daniel is to blame for her arrest.
(b) That she is no longer safe in England.
(c) That she hasn't had a vision in over a month.
(d) That she has many trustworthy friends.
2. Why is Hannah unable to go to England in the summer of 1557?
(a) It is too dangerous to do so.
(b) Her printing business is too busy.
(c) She has no money for the voyage.
(d) She is ill.
3. What does Hannah learn about the Queen in the summer of 1557?
(a) She is dying.
(b) She has turned against Elizabeth again.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has declared war on Germany.
4. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about two months after her wedding?
(a) That Hannah is not yet pregnant.
(b) That Hannah's father is suspected of stealing from the Carpenters.
(c) That Hannah intends to return to England.
(d) That Daniel is losing weight and must not be eating properly.
5. Instead of traitorous half sister, what is Elizabeth considered as of spring, 1555?
(a) An imposter posing as Elizabeth.
(b) England's greatest hope for a prosperous future.
(c) A respected member of the royal family.
(d) The future queen of France.
6. What will Mary do if she cannot name Elizabeth as her heir.
(a) Die without an heir.
(b) Try once more to bare a child.
(c) Make Mary Stuart her heir.
(d) Adopt Philip's illegitimate son as her own.
7. Who is Kat Ashley?
(a) The King's mistress.
(b) Daniel's married sister.
(c) Elizabeth's closest maid.
(d) A Tudor cousin.
8. What does Hannah do with her breeches in summer, 1556?
(a) Exchanges them for more appropriate gowns.
(b) Gives them to a charity.
(c) Uses their fabric to make blankets.
(d) Sells them for money to buy food.
9. What month does Lord Dudley visit his home in 1558?
10. Who does Hannah meet on the street on her way to Daniel's home during the invasion?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) Daniel's eldest sister.
(c) Mrs. Carpenter.
(d) Daniel's mistress.
11. What is done to the Queen's quarters in spring of 1555?
(a) They are searched for trap doors and hidden weapons.
(b) They are prepared to house the Queen in quarantine.
(c) They are prepared for her confinement.
(d) They are redecorated.
12. What month does Mary release Elizabeth from prison in 1555?
13. Where does Hannah find new quarters for herself and her father in 1556?
(a) In the countryside.
(b) Across the street from the Carpenters.
(c) Near the city walls.
(d) Above her father's printing shop.
14. Who does Hannah see while at church in autumn, 1556?
(a) A vision of her mother.
(b) Robert Dudley.
(d) Daniel's entire family.
15. Who does Daniel arrange to stay with Hannah after her father's death?
(a) One of his sisters.
(c) His mother.
(d) A elderly neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is killed in front of Hannah during the invasion?
2. Who intervenes on Hannah's behalf during her questioning in 1556?
3. Who is Amy?
4. Where does the royal court relocate in autumn of 1555?
5. What is Bishop Bonner known as?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)