|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannah feel during the months following her father's death?
2. Where does Hannah discover her father and Daniel in spring, 1556?
(a) At her father's shop.
(b) At the Tower.
(c) At the market.
(d) On a barge on the river.
3. What does Queen Mary begin to feel anxious about in spring, 1555?
(a) Word that the rebels are organizing against her again.
(b) The dizzy spells she has been experiencing.
(c) That her husband has not written to her from Spain.
(d) Her baby's lateness in arriving.
4. Where does the court move after their move to Hampton?
(b) Hampton House.
(d) St. James Palace.
5. Why does Hannah go with Lord Dudley to Calais in 1558?
(a) To visit her father's grave.
(b) To retrieve Daniel.
(c) They are on their honeymoon.
(d) To attend Mrs. Carpenter's funeral.
6. Where does the royal court relocate in autumn of 1555?
7. Why is Hannah unable to go to England in the summer of 1557?
(a) Her printing business is too busy.
(b) It is too dangerous to do so.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She has no money for the voyage.
8. What month does the court move in to Hampton in 1558?
9. What is done to the Queen's quarters in spring of 1555?
(a) They are prepared for her confinement.
(b) They are prepared to house the Queen in quarantine.
(c) They are searched for trap doors and hidden weapons.
(d) They are redecorated.
10. Where does Hannah live in summer, 1556?
11. What does Hannah warn Elizabeth against in the spring of 1555?
(a) Marrying into the French royal family.
(b) Continuing to plot against the Catholics.
(c) Becoming so intimate with the King.
(d) Marrying into the Spanish royal family.
12. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about two months after her wedding?
(a) That Hannah is not yet pregnant.
(b) That Daniel is losing weight and must not be eating properly.
(c) That Hannah intends to return to England.
(d) That Hannah's father is suspected of stealing from the Carpenters.
13. Why does Elizabeth no longer fear her sister as of spring, 1555?
(a) She has the support of the English people.
(b) She knows Mary hasn't got long to live.
(c) She will soon be moving abroad.
(d) She is protected by King Philip.
14. Who is Kat Ashley?
(a) Daniel's married sister.
(b) The King's mistress.
(c) Elizabeth's closest maid.
(d) A Tudor cousin.
15. What does Hannah grow tired of after living with Daniel's family for a while?
(a) Daniel's constant absence.
(b) The women's criticisms.
(c) Fighting with his sisters.
(d) Her father's opinions not being considered.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hannah catch entering Elizabeth's chambers through a secret passage?
2. What had Sir William Pickering attempted to do but failed?
3. What changes take place with the printing shop in 1556?
4. How many defensive forts surround Calais?
5. Instead of traitorous half sister, what is Elizabeth considered as of spring, 1555?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)