|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Mary release Elizabeth from prison in 1555?
2. What changes take place with the printing shop in 1556?
(a) It is split down the middle so that another shop can share the space.
(b) An expansion is added onto house additional equipment.
(c) It burns down.
(d) It is relocated.
3. What is Hannah arrested for in 1556?
4. Who does Elizabeth flirt with in the Queen's absence in 1555?
(a) The Queen's brother-in-law.
(b) Robert Dudley.
(c) Mr. Dee.
5. Who is Marie?
(a) Hannah's next-door neighbor.
(b) One of Queen Mary's maids.
(c) A Carpenter cousin.
(d) A night nurse.
6. Where does Hannah find new quarters for herself and her father in 1556?
(a) Above her father's printing shop.
(b) Across the street from the Carpenters.
(c) In the countryside.
(d) Near the city walls.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of Daniel's sisters?
8. Why is Hannah unable to go to England in the summer of 1557?
(a) It is too dangerous to do so.
(b) She has no money for the voyage.
(c) Her printing business is too busy.
(d) She is ill.
9. What does the King contemplate doing in spring, 1555?
(a) Banishing Elizabeth from court.
(b) Arranging a marriage between Elizabeth and his brother.
(c) Asking the Queen to return to court.
(d) Keeping Elizabeth at court.
10. What did Hannah and Daniel's families do secretly in their home after their wedding?
(a) Collected money to send to the rebel army.
(b) Had a party for their neighbors.
(c) Held a second Jewish wedding ceremony.
(d) Made plans to travel back to England.
11. What does Mrs. Carpenter confront Hannah about two months after her wedding?
(a) That Hannah intends to return to England.
(b) That Hannah's father is suspected of stealing from the Carpenters.
(c) That Daniel is losing weight and must not be eating properly.
(d) That Hannah is not yet pregnant.
12. Who does Daniel mistake Danny for when he is reunited with Hannah in 1558?
(a) Hannah's own son.
(b) Lord Dudley's son.
(c) Philip's illegitimate son.
(d) Daniel's sister's son.
13. What is Bishop Bonner known as?
(a) A true supporter of the impoverished.
(b) A secret Church reformist.
(c) The mastermind of the Inquisition.
(d) The Queen's most trusted clergyman.
14. What does Hannah do to draw less attention to her status as single women?
(a) She makes small talk about her husband.
(b) She still wears a wedding ring.
(c) She wears breeches.
(d) She goes out only once a week.
15. Why does Hannah go with Lord Dudley to Calais in 1558?
(a) To retrieve Daniel.
(b) They are on their honeymoon.
(c) To visit her father's grave.
(d) To attend Mrs. Carpenter's funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about Philip's letters in Autumn 1555 disappoints Mary?
2. Where does Elizabeth go in autumn, 1555?
3. What does Hannah learn about Lord Dudley in the summer of 1557?
4. What does Mrs. Carpenter disclose to Hannah after Hannah had been married for two months?
5. Who is Amy?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)