|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes take place with the printing shop in 1556?
(a) It is split down the middle so that another shop can share the space.
(b) It burns down.
(c) An expansion is added onto house additional equipment.
(d) It is relocated.
2. What is Bishop Bonner known as?
(a) A true supporter of the impoverished.
(b) The mastermind of the Inquisition.
(c) The Queen's most trusted clergyman.
(d) A secret Church reformist.
3. How does Hannah feel during the months following her father's death?
4. When does France lead a counterattack on the city of Calais?
5. Who is killed in front of Hannah during the invasion?
(b) Daniel's niece.
(c) Daniel's mistress.
(d) Daniel's mother.
6. What must Elizabeth promise to do for Mary to name her as heir?
(a) Marry and have children.
(b) Endorse the Catholic religion.
(c) Break her ties with the Dudleys.
(d) Admit to her role in the rebel uprisings.
7. Who intervenes on Hannah's behalf during her questioning in 1556?
(a) Mr. Dee.
(b) Robert Dudley.
(d) Queen Mary.
8. When does Hannah like to go horse-riding in the spring of 1555?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) At dusk.
(c) Early morning.
(d) After dark.
9. In what language does Mary ask Hannah to write her husband a letter in in 1558?
10. Where does Hannah have a vision which causes her to faint in autumn, 1556?
(a) In the market.
(b) At church.
(c) In the print shop.
(d) At the Carpenters' house.
11. What does Lord Robert and the Queen's council pressure the Queen to do during autumn, 1558?
(a) Name an heir.
(b) Recall her army from France.
(c) Punish her husband's mistress.
(d) Abdicate the throne.
12. What month does Lord Dudley visit his home in 1558?
13. What does Hannah do to draw less attention to her status as single women?
(a) She wears breeches.
(b) She makes small talk about her husband.
(c) She still wears a wedding ring.
(d) She goes out only once a week.
14. Whose name is on the list of political prisoners being held by the French?
(b) Mr. Dee's.
(c) Lord Dudley's.
(d) Hannah's father's.
15. What does Hannah warn Elizabeth against in the spring of 1555?
(a) Becoming so intimate with the King.
(b) Marrying into the French royal family.
(c) Marrying into the Spanish royal family.
(d) Continuing to plot against the Catholics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Sir William Pickering attempted to do but failed?
2. What month does the court move in to Hampton in 1558?
3. Who does Daniel mistake Danny for when he is reunited with Hannah in 1558?
4. How does Hannah escape the invasion?
5. What was missing from the court Christmas of 1555?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)