|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Lady Katherine Dudley engaged to marry?
(a) Henry Grey.
(b) Henry Hastings.
(c) Henry Stafford.
(d) Henry Stuart.
2. What is Mary pleased to learn about Hannah in 1553?
(a) That Hannah's mother was an opera singer.
(b) That Hannah was once Jewish.
(c) That Hannah has visions.
(d) That Hannah is fluent in multiple languages.
3. What news saddens Mary in 1553?
(a) Edward is still ill.
(b) The King is closing down a nearby convent.
(c) Spain has declared war on England.
(d) Elizabeth has become a Lutheran.
4. How many days does it take to transfer Elizabeth to London in 1554?
(a) One day.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Seven days.
5. What does the court receive word of in October, 1554?
(a) That the Spanish King is dead.
(b) That Calais is under attack.
(c) That the Queen has lost her baby.
(d) That Elizabeth is ill.
6. When is Elizabeth invited to return to court in 1555?
7. What is Hannah's father's occupation?
8. Where does Elizabeth go at Christmas time in 1553?
(a) To stay with Mary.
(b) She retires to the country.
(c) On a pilgrimmage to Rome.
(d) To Calais.
9. Why are doctors sent to Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
(a) To inform her of Mary's health.
(b) To aid her in her ailing condition.
(c) To advise Elizabeth about eating a healthy diet.
(d) To assess whether or not she is pregnant.
10. What will happen if Queen Mary has a son?
(a) He will be taken to Spain.
(b) Elizabeth can still fight to inherit the throne from Mary.
(c) Elizabeth has no chance to inherit the throne from Mary.
(d) According to Hannah's vision, England will experience a dark age.
11. What does Mary reassure the people of in winter, 1554?
(a) That her marriage will allow England to colonize the world.
(b) That her marriage will not result in the annexing of England.
(c) That her marriage is legal.
(d) That her marriage will mean an end to the war with France.
12. What does the country encourage Mary to do in 1553?
(a) Build a new palace.
(b) Go to war.
(c) Reform the Church.
(d) Take a husband.
13. What does Parliament do by winter, 1555?
(a) Recognizes Elizabeth as a traitor.
(b) Restores Catholic rule to England.
(c) Accepts Mary as the soverign.
(d) Restores Protestant rule to England.
14. Why is most of the English army not able to be raised in winter, 1554?
(a) They are abroad in Africa.
(b) There is not enough time.
(c) They refuse to fight for a Catholic queen.
(d) There is an influenza epidemic.
15. What does Mary fear besides marriage in 1553?
(a) Leading an army.
(b) Ruling alone.
(c) Losing her subjects' approval.
(d) An outbreak of plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth spend her winter in 1554?
2. Why do the country people wish for Mary to ascend to the throne?
3. Why do Hannah and her father discuss running away in April 1553?
4. When did Hannah and her father move to England?
5. Who does Hannah spend her afternoons with at court in spring, 1553?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)