|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Hannah and her father emigrate?
(a) Hannah's father is offered a job.
(b) To escape persecution.
(c) The cost of living is cheaper in England.
(d) They are invited by family already in England.
2. Why do the country people wish for Mary to ascend to the throne?
(a) They believe she will finally end the war with France.
(b) They believe she will bring prosperity back to England.
(c) Mary is the only royal figure whom the country people trust.
(d) Mary has promised to cut taxes.
3. What news saddens Mary in 1553?
(a) Edward is still ill.
(b) The King is closing down a nearby convent.
(c) Elizabeth has become a Lutheran.
(d) Spain has declared war on England.
4. How does Elizabeth's condition change during winter, 1554?
(a) She is expected to die.
(b) She begins hallucinating.
(c) She recovers completely.
(d) She becomes increasingly depressed.
5. Why does Mary go out into London in winter, 1554?
(a) To meet with the rebels.
(b) To ask the people to rise up and defend her.
(c) To find a place to hide from the rebels.
(d) To attend a holiday festival.
6. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
(a) Have her immediately executed.
(b) Send her away to France.
(c) Bestow a title on her.
(d) Arrest her.
7. Where is Mary married?
(a) Winchester Cathedral.
(b) Westminster Abbey.
(c) St. James' Palace.
(d) St. Paul's Cathedral.
8. How is the atmosphere at court after the news of the Queen's pregnancy spreads?
(a) The court turns against Elizabeth.
(b) The court is serious and sombre.
(c) The court turns against Phillip.
(d) The court is alive with love and happiness.
9. What religion does Mary convert England to?
10. When does Queen Mary announce her pregnancy?
11. What does Hannah predict about the King while in the Dudleys' service?
(a) That the Dudleys will offend the King.
(b) That the King will suffer from gout.
(c) The date of the King's death.
(d) How many children the King will have.
12. When Hannah returns to England in 1555, what does she have a vision of?
(a) People burning.
(b) A crumbling cathedral.
(c) A foreign invasion.
(d) A prosperous England.
13. How does Elizabeth feel about returning to London in 1554?
14. What does Daniel order Hannah to do in March, 1554?
(a) Marry him within the month.
(b) Stop telling people she has visions.
(c) To join him and Hannah's father in France.
(d) To support Princess Elizabeth instead of the Queen.
15. Why do Hannah and her father discuss running away in April 1553?
(a) Their Jewish faith has been revealed.
(b) Hannah has been accused of being a witch.
(c) People have been disappearing in their town.
(d) Oliver has been charged with a crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Elizabeth invited to return to court in 1555?
2. How does Mary attempt to use Hannah's gift of sight in winter, 1554?
3. What does Hannah see approaching as she leaves London in 1554?
4. Who does Hannah see with Princess Elizabeth in the castle garden in the summer of 1548?
5. Why does Hannah go home in April of 1553?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)