|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hannah spend her mornings at court in spring, 1553?
(a) Studying with John Dee.
(b) Praying at the cathedral.
(c) Playing in the garden.
(d) Meditating to encourage her visions.
2. Where is Elizabeth before she is taken back to London in 1554?
3. What do the Dudley's dress Hannah in when they bring her to court in 1553?
(a) White silks.
(b) An outfit to make her look like a mystic.
(c) Traditional French garb.
(d) The livery of the Dudley family.
4. Why is Lord Dudley sent to the Tower in autumn, 1553?
(a) For his involvement in the plot to crown Jane Gray.
(b) For plotting to have Jane Gray killed.
(c) For heresy.
(d) For his involvement in the plot to crown Elizabeth.
5. What is Mary forced to do following the second uprising against her?
(a) Flee to Spain.
(b) Punish the traitors more severely.
(c) Renouce her Catholic faith.
(d) Imprison her councilmen.
6. Who does Mary send Hannah to visit in winter, 1554?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(c) Mr. Dee.
(d) Hannah's father.
7. Which of the following is a castle that Mary flees to after Edward's death?
(a) Flamlingham Castle.
(b) Lavendon Castle.
(c) Totternhoe Castle.
(d) Eastcotts Castle.
8. Why do Hannah and her father emigrate?
(a) They are invited by family already in England.
(b) The cost of living is cheaper in England.
(c) To escape persecution.
(d) Hannah's father is offered a job.
9. Who is Robert Dudley's father?
(a) The Duke of Richmond.
(b) The Duke of Cornwall.
(c) The Duke of Northumberland.
(d) The Duke of Somerset.
10. What does Mary hope to do by marrying Philip?
(a) Appease the rebels.
(b) Provide an heir for the citizens of England.
(c) Make political ties in eastern Europe.
(d) Have the Spanish army fight England's wars.
11. What is the name of Hannah's fiancé?
12. How does Mary's court change after Elizabeth leaves in 1553?
(a) The mood becomes happier.
(b) The mood becomes more sullen.
(c) It dwindles in size.
(d) It grows in size.
13. Who does Hannah see with Princess Elizabeth in the castle garden in the summer of 1548?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Nicholas Throckmorton.
(c) Lord Dudley.
(d) Tom Seymour.
14. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
(a) Have her immediately executed.
(b) Send her away to France.
(c) Bestow a title on her.
(d) Arrest her.
15. What does Hannah notice about the villages on the way to Lady Mary's home in 1553?
(a) They are in disrepair.
(b) They are rebuilding.
(c) They are tiny.
(d) They are flourishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary treat Hannah when Hannah arrives at Mary's home in 1553?
2. Where did Hannah live before emigrating to England?
3. What religion does Mary's desired husband practice?
4. What does Hannah see approaching as she leaves London in 1554?
5. Who is Lady Katherine Dudley engaged to marry?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)