|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does producing an heir weigh heavily on Mary in 1553?
(a) Mary has grown disenchanted with Elizabeth.
(b) Her husband has begun to suffer from a mysterious disease.
(c) Hannah has had a vision of Mary dying alone.
(d) Without an heir the public will not support her.
2. What is the name of Hannah's fiancé?
3. What religion does Mary's desired husband practice?
(d) Norse Paganism.
4. Who does the rebel army want to marry Elizabeth to in 1553?
(a) Francis Drake.
(b) William Parr.
(c) Edward Courtenay.
(d) Henry Percy.
5. What street does Hannah's father work on?
(a) Bond Street.
(b) Baker Street.
(c) Downing Street.
(d) Fleet Street.
6. What religion does Elizabeth believe in?
(a) She does not believe in any religion.
7. What is Hannah's fiancé studying to become?
(a) A professor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A physician.
(d) An apothecary.
8. After King Edward's death, who is installed on the throne?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) Lady Jane Grey.
(c) Prince George.
(d) Princess Elizabeth.
9. Where does Elizabeth go at Christmas time in 1553?
(a) On a pilgrimmage to Rome.
(b) To Calais.
(c) She retires to the country.
(d) To stay with Mary.
10. Why is Lord Dudley sent to the Tower in autumn, 1553?
(a) For heresy.
(b) For his involvement in the plot to crown Jane Gray.
(c) For his involvement in the plot to crown Elizabeth.
(d) For plotting to have Jane Gray killed.
11. What does Daniel order Hannah to do in March, 1554?
(a) To support Princess Elizabeth instead of the Queen.
(b) To join him and Hannah's father in France.
(c) Stop telling people she has visions.
(d) Marry him within the month.
12. What does Hannah see approaching as she leaves London in 1554?
(a) A group of palace guards.
(b) A guilded carriage.
(c) Rebel soldiers.
(d) The royal barge.
13. What do Mary's advisors recommend Mary do to those who plotted against her?
(a) Put them on her council.
(b) Torture them for information.
(c) Banish them from England.
(d) Execute them.
14. What does Mary reassure the people of in winter, 1554?
(a) That her marriage will allow England to colonize the world.
(b) That her marriage will not result in the annexing of England.
(c) That her marriage will mean an end to the war with France.
(d) That her marriage is legal.
15. What news saddens Mary in 1553?
(a) Spain has declared war on England.
(b) Elizabeth has become a Lutheran.
(c) The King is closing down a nearby convent.
(d) Edward is still ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Elizabeth spend her winter in 1554?
2. What religion does Mary convert England to?
3. In what month does Mary ascend to the throne?
4. What problem arises in regards to the army that is available in 1554?
5. What is Lady Jane awaiting as of winter, 1554?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)