|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Elizabeth's condition change during winter, 1554?
(a) She becomes increasingly depressed.
(b) She recovers completely.
(c) She begins hallucinating.
(d) She is expected to die.
2. What religion does Mary convert England to?
3. Who does the rebel army want to marry Elizabeth to in 1553?
(a) Edward Courtenay.
(b) Henry Percy.
(c) Francis Drake.
(d) William Parr.
4. Why do Hannah and her father discuss running away in April 1553?
(a) Their Jewish faith has been revealed.
(b) People have been disappearing in their town.
(c) Oliver has been charged with a crime.
(d) Hannah has been accused of being a witch.
5. What is one reason Hannah decides to remain at Mary's court in autumn, 1553?
(a) Hannah has been told it would be dangerous for her to leave.
(b) Hannah enjoys the influence she has as one of Mary's closest confidents.
(c) Hannah is in no rush to marry Daniel.
(d) Hannah is in love with one of Mary's male servants.
6. How does Hannah respond to what Daniel's demands of her in March, 1554?
(a) She breaks their engagement.
(b) She slaps Daniel.
(c) She agrees wholeheartedly.
(d) She reports Daniel for heresy.
7. After King Edward's death, who is installed on the throne?
(a) Prince George.
(b) Princess Elizabeth.
(c) Lady Jane Grey.
(d) Lord Dudley.
8. How does Mary attempt to use Hannah's gift of sight in winter, 1554?
(a) To find out if she will ever have children.
(b) To find out the identity of the rebel leader.
(c) To find out if any of her councellors are betraying her.
(d) To find out how she should punish Elizabeth.
9. Why is Lord Dudley sent to the Tower in autumn, 1553?
(a) For his involvement in the plot to crown Jane Gray.
(b) For his involvement in the plot to crown Elizabeth.
(c) For plotting to have Jane Gray killed.
(d) For heresy.
10. Where is Elizabeth taken in May, 1554?
(a) Sir Henry Bedingfield's estate.
(b) The Tower.
(c) To her estate in Ashridge.
(d) To Italy.
11. What is Hannah's father's occupation?
12. Why did Hannah and her family convert to a different religion?
(a) It was Hannah's mother's dying wish.
(b) They were tricked into doing so.
(c) They no longer believed in the Jewish religion.
(d) For their own safety.
13. What is Mary pleased to learn about Hannah in 1553?
(a) That Hannah's mother was an opera singer.
(b) That Hannah is fluent in multiple languages.
(c) That Hannah was once Jewish.
(d) That Hannah has visions.
14. How does Hannah feel about the vision she has in spring, 1555?
15. Who does Mary send Hannah to visit in winter, 1554?
(a) Mr. Dee.
(b) Lord Dudley.
(c) Hannah's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hannah live before emigrating to England?
2. How is the atmosphere at court after the news of the Queen's pregnancy spreads?
3. How can Elizabeth feel Mary's displeasure with her in the spring of 1554?
4. How does Queen Mary feel about the news that the court receives in October, 1554?
5. Where does Elizabeth go at Christmas time in 1553?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)