|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Parliament do by winter, 1555?
(a) Restores Protestant rule to England.
(b) Accepts Mary as the soverign.
(c) Recognizes Elizabeth as a traitor.
(d) Restores Catholic rule to England.
2. When does Queen Mary announce her pregnancy?
3. Why does Mary go out into London in winter, 1554?
(a) To ask the people to rise up and defend her.
(b) To find a place to hide from the rebels.
(c) To attend a holiday festival.
(d) To meet with the rebels.
4. What does Mary do to those who plotted against her in 1553?
(a) She has some exiled to France and some to Germany.
(b) She keeps an eye on them by bringing them to court.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She kills a few and keeps the rest as prisoners.
5. What does Daniel order Hannah to do in March, 1554?
(a) Marry him within the month.
(b) To join him and Hannah's father in France.
(c) Stop telling people she has visions.
(d) To support Princess Elizabeth instead of the Queen.
6. What street does Hannah's father work on?
(a) Bond Street.
(b) Baker Street.
(c) Fleet Street.
(d) Downing Street.
7. What is Hannah's father's occupation?
8. Who does Mary want to marry?
(a) Christian of Denmark.
(b) The Duke of Lorraine.
(c) Henry of Portugal.
(d) Philip of Spain.
9. Why is most of the English army not able to be raised in winter, 1554?
(a) There is an influenza epidemic.
(b) They refuse to fight for a Catholic queen.
(c) They are abroad in Africa.
(d) There is not enough time.
10. What does Hannah see approaching as she leaves London in 1554?
(a) Rebel soldiers.
(b) The royal barge.
(c) A group of palace guards.
(d) A guilded carriage.
11. What does Mary fear besides marriage in 1553?
(a) Ruling alone.
(b) An outbreak of plague.
(c) Leading an army.
(d) Losing her subjects' approval.
12. In what month does Mary ascend to the throne?
13. Why do the country people wish for Mary to ascend to the throne?
(a) They believe she will finally end the war with France.
(b) Mary is the only royal figure whom the country people trust.
(c) They believe she will bring prosperity back to England.
(d) Mary has promised to cut taxes.
14. Who does Hannah see with Princess Elizabeth in the castle garden in the summer of 1548?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) King Edward.
(c) Nicholas Throckmorton.
(d) Tom Seymour.
15. Why do Hannah and her father emigrate?
(a) They are invited by family already in England.
(b) To escape persecution.
(c) Hannah's father is offered a job.
(d) The cost of living is cheaper in England.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hannah's fiancé studying to become?
2. When did Hannah and her father move to England?
3. How does Elizabeth feel about returning to London in 1554?
4. What does the country encourage Mary to do in 1553?
5. Who is Lady Katherine Dudley engaged to marry?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)