|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary pleased to learn about Hannah in 1553?
(a) That Hannah has visions.
(b) That Hannah is fluent in multiple languages.
(c) That Hannah's mother was an opera singer.
(d) That Hannah was once Jewish.
2. When did Hannah and her father move to England?
3. Why do Hannah and her father discuss running away in April 1553?
(a) Their Jewish faith has been revealed.
(b) Oliver has been charged with a crime.
(c) Hannah has been accused of being a witch.
(d) People have been disappearing in their town.
4. Who is unattended and disgraced by spring 1554?
(b) Lord Dudley.
5. What does Mary hope to do by marrying Philip?
(a) Appease the rebels.
(b) Make political ties in eastern Europe.
(c) Provide an heir for the citizens of England.
(d) Have the Spanish army fight England's wars.
6. What does the court receive word of in October, 1554?
(a) That Elizabeth is ill.
(b) That the Spanish King is dead.
(c) That Calais is under attack.
(d) That the Queen has lost her baby.
7. Who does Mary send Hannah to visit in winter, 1554?
(a) Hannah's father.
(b) Lord Dudley.
(d) Mr. Dee.
8. What religion does Elizabeth believe in?
(b) She does not believe in any religion.
9. What do the Queen's councilors want to do with Elizabeth in winter, 1554?
(a) Send her away to France.
(b) Have her immediately executed.
(c) Arrest her.
(d) Bestow a title on her.
10. What does Mary no longer demand of Elizabeth as of spring, 1555?
(a) Her respect.
(b) Her confession.
(c) Her love.
(d) Her understanding.
11. What does Mary do to those who plotted against her in 1553?
(a) She ignores them.
(b) She keeps an eye on them by bringing them to court.
(c) She kills a few and keeps the rest as prisoners.
(d) She has some exiled to France and some to Germany.
12. What does Hannah see a vision of when Robert Dudley and John Dee come to her father's shop?
(a) A third man in the room.
(b) A pile of burning books.
(c) A storm cloud.
(d) A bloody scaffolding.
13. How does Hannah feel about the vision she has in spring, 1555?
14. What does Hannah predict about the King while in the Dudleys' service?
(a) The date of the King's death.
(b) How many children the King will have.
(c) That the King will suffer from gout.
(d) That the Dudleys will offend the King.
15. Who does the rebel army want to marry Elizabeth to in 1553?
(a) Henry Percy.
(b) Francis Drake.
(c) William Parr.
(d) Edward Courtenay.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Hannah returns to England in 1555, what does she have a vision of?
2. Why does Queen Mary request Elizabeth to return to court in the summer of 1554?
3. Why do the country people wish for Mary to ascend to the throne?
4. While traveling to England, what did Hannah's father insist she do for her own safety?
5. Why is Hannah sent to Lady Mary's home in 1553?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)