|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the atmosphere at court after the news of the Queen's pregnancy spreads?
(a) The court is serious and sombre.
(b) The court turns against Phillip.
(c) The court turns against Elizabeth.
(d) The court is alive with love and happiness.
2. Why is Hannah sent to Lady Mary's home in 1553?
(a) To meet with a potential marriage partner.
(b) To reform the running of Mary's household.
(c) To coach Mary on etiquette.
(d) To be a servant and spy.
3. What does Mary reassure the people of in winter, 1554?
(a) That her marriage will mean an end to the war with France.
(b) That her marriage will not result in the annexing of England.
(c) That her marriage will allow England to colonize the world.
(d) That her marriage is legal.
4. Who does Hannah spend her afternoons with at court in spring, 1553?
(a) John Dee.
(b) Princess Elizabeth.
(c) Robert Dudley.
(d) Will Sommers.
5. Why do Hannah and her father emigrate?
(a) They are invited by family already in England.
(b) The cost of living is cheaper in England.
(c) Hannah's father is offered a job.
(d) To escape persecution.
6. Who does Hannah see with Princess Elizabeth in the castle garden in the summer of 1548?
(a) King Edward.
(b) Lord Dudley.
(c) Tom Seymour.
(d) Nicholas Throckmorton.
7. Where is Lady Mary's home?
8. What problem arises in regards to the army that is available in 1554?
(a) Many of the men are unsure of their allegiances.
(b) Many of the men have to travel from Scotland.
(c) Many of the men are without weapons.
(d) Many of the men demand higher wages.
9. Where is Elizabeth before she is taken back to London in 1554?
10. What does Hannah learn about Queen Mary during her stay with Elizabeth in 1555?
(a) That she has forgiven Elizabeth.
(b) That her pregnancy is progressing.
(c) That she will be moving her court to Spain in the spring.
(d) That she is ill.
11. In what month does Mary ascend to the throne?
12. What street does Hannah's father work on?
(a) Downing Street.
(b) Fleet Street.
(c) Bond Street.
(d) Baker Street.
13. What is a Marrano?
(a) A traditional Portugese headpiece.
(b) A Jewish convert to Christianity.
(c) A high position in the Roman Catholic Church.
(d) An Spanish person born abroad.
14. Where does Elizabeth spend her winter in 1554?
15. What does Mary fear besides marriage in 1553?
(a) Leading an army.
(b) Ruling alone.
(c) Losing her subjects' approval.
(d) An outbreak of plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elizabeth do while Mary is under siege in summer, 1553?
2. Who does Hannah receive a letter from in March of 1554?
3. When Hannah returns to England in 1555, what does she have a vision of?
4. What does Hannah see approaching as she leaves London in 1554?
5. What is Lady Jane awaiting as of winter, 1554?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)