|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring and Summer 1554.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hannah decide to remain in London in 1554?
(a) To gather information about the rebellion.
(b) Because it is suddenly safer than France.
(c) Mary asks Hannah for her support during her pregnancy.
(d) To keep Elizabeth company in her darkest time.
2. What does Mary reassure the people of in winter, 1554?
(a) That her marriage will allow England to colonize the world.
(b) That her marriage is legal.
(c) That her marriage will mean an end to the war with France.
(d) That her marriage will not result in the annexing of England.
3. What does Elizabeth do while Mary is under siege in summer, 1553?
(a) Gathered supporters for Mary.
(b) Argued Mary's legal right to the throne.
(c) Feigned illness.
(d) Travelled abroad.
4. What news saddens Mary in 1553?
(a) Spain has declared war on England.
(b) The King is closing down a nearby convent.
(c) Edward is still ill.
(d) Elizabeth has become a Lutheran.
5. Who does Hannah spend her afternoons with at court in spring, 1553?
(a) John Dee.
(b) Princess Elizabeth.
(c) Will Sommers.
(d) Robert Dudley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the citizens of England do for Mary in winter, 1554?
2. Who does Mary want to marry?
3. Where does Hannah accompany Elizabeth in spring, 1554?
4. What religion does Elizabeth believe in?
5. How does Mary treat Hannah when Hannah arrives at Mary's home in 1553?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)