|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring and Summer 1554.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mary pleased to learn about Hannah in 1553?
(a) That Hannah is fluent in multiple languages.
(b) That Hannah has visions.
(c) That Hannah's mother was an opera singer.
(d) That Hannah was once Jewish.
2. What does Hannah see approaching as she leaves London in 1554?
(a) The royal barge.
(b) A group of palace guards.
(c) A guilded carriage.
(d) Rebel soldiers.
3. What does Mary do to those who plotted against her in 1553?
(a) She kills a few and keeps the rest as prisoners.
(b) She ignores them.
(c) She keeps an eye on them by bringing them to court.
(d) She has some exiled to France and some to Germany.
4. What is a Marrano?
(a) A high position in the Roman Catholic Church.
(b) A traditional Portugese headpiece.
(c) An Spanish person born abroad.
(d) A Jewish convert to Christianity.
5. What do the Dudley's dress Hannah in when they bring her to court in 1553?
(a) White silks.
(b) An outfit to make her look like a mystic.
(c) The livery of the Dudley family.
(d) Traditional French garb.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does producing an heir weigh heavily on Mary in 1553?
2. Why does Hannah go home in April of 1553?
3. What do Mary's advisors tell her to do at the end of 1553?
4. Where in France do Hannah's father and Daniel decide to go in 1554?
5. What could associating with Lord Dudley do to Hannah's family in 1553?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)