|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Winter 1556 - Summer 1557.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Sir William Pickering attempted to do but failed?
(a) Overthrow the queen.
(b) Have Elizabeth imprisoned.
(c) Hold negotiations between England and France.
(d) Lure the King into having an affair.
2. What does Elizabeth fear about returning to London in 1554?
(a) That she will be forced to take on more responsibilty at court.
(b) That there is plague in the city.
(c) That it will result in her death.
(d) That the courtiers will not welcome her.
3. Where did Hannah live before emigrating to England?
4. Why is Mr. Dee arrested?
(a) For casting the Queen's horoscope.
(b) For practicing the Jewish religion.
(c) For suggesting the Queen is cursed and cannot have children.
(d) For supporting the rebellion against the Queen.
5. What does Mary hope to do by marrying Philip?
(a) Provide an heir for the citizens of England.
(b) Appease the rebels.
(c) Have the Spanish army fight England's wars.
(d) Make political ties in eastern Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Kat Ashley?
2. How does Elizabeth feel about returning to London in 1554?
3. When does Queen Mary announce her pregnancy?
4. What does Hannah do to draw less attention to her status as single women?
5. How many days does it take to transfer Elizabeth to London in 1554?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)