|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring - Summer 1555.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month does Mary ascend to the throne?
2. What news saddens Mary in 1553?
(a) Spain has declared war on England.
(b) Edward is still ill.
(c) The King is closing down a nearby convent.
(d) Elizabeth has become a Lutheran.
3. Why is Mr. Dee arrested?
(a) For supporting the rebellion against the Queen.
(b) For practicing the Jewish religion.
(c) For casting the Queen's horoscope.
(d) For suggesting the Queen is cursed and cannot have children.
4. What could associating with Lord Dudley do to Hannah's family in 1553?
(a) Cost them their family fortune.
(b) Jeopardize their safety.
(c) Give them an advantage in society.
(d) Afford them protection in times of war.
5. What religion does Mary convert England to?
Short Answer Questions
1. After King Edward's death, who is installed on the throne?
2. What do the citizens of England do for Mary in winter, 1554?
3. Why does Hannah go home in April of 1553?
4. What is Lady Jane awaiting as of winter, 1554?
5. Why is Hannah sent to Lady Mary's home in 1553?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)