Summer 1548 and Winter 1552-1553
1. What is Hannah's father's occupation?
2. Who does Hannah see with Princess Elizabeth in the castle garden in the summer of 1548?
(a) Lord Dudley.
(b) Nicholas Throckmorton.
(c) Tom Seymour.
(d) King Edward.
3. When did Hannah and her father move to England?
4. Why do Hannah and her father emigrate?
(a) To escape persecution.
(b) They are invited by family already in England.
(c) The cost of living is cheaper in England.
(d) Hannah's father is offered a job.
5. How did Hannah's mother die?
(a) She was burned at the stake.
(b) She was decapitated.
(c) She was drowned.
(d) From plague.
6. Why did Hannah and her family convert to a different religion?
(a) It was Hannah's mother's dying wish.
(b) They no longer believed in the Jewish religion.
(c) They were tricked into doing so.
(d) For their own safety.
7. What is a Marrano?
(a) An Spanish person born abroad.
(b) A traditional Portugese headpiece.
(c) A Jewish convert to Christianity.
(d) A high position in the Roman Catholic Church.
This section contains 4,707 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)