|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mistress say when she is leaving in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Billy say might have searched the suitcases?
3. Why hasn't Luigi called?
4. What is the name of the woman found on the floor,whom Annabel wants to visit in the hospital?
5. What does Billy bring to the flat the morning after the press conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. Annabel reads the note to her and it's the same lies as to his mother. What does Annabel have to disprove?
2. Danya's parents meet with Annabel after her meeting with Danya and they thank Annabel for coming to visit their daughter. Will they meet with Annabel again?
3. After the press conference, Billy let himself into Annabel's flat, bringing the papers. Annabel was not pleased to see Billy because she was afraid the neighbors would talk. How did she feel after she saw the papers?
4. Billy hands the notes from Frederick to Annabel and she starts to read. What is her reaction when she has finished?
5. Marina comes to Annabel's hotel to talk about the note Frederick had sent her. Annabel offers to pay her bills and says that she need not come to the inquest. Had Marina made a photo-copy?
6. Luigi spoke of Frederick's note to his mother. He said, as did Billy,that letters to mothers were eaten up by the public and it would have finished Annabel's career. It certainly would have destroyed her public image. Anabel said that she was hungry and Luigi said that she shouldn't be tempted. was he talking about what she eats?
7. Luigi tells Annabel that she will have to have a new public image if the accusations in Frederick's notes get out. He tells Annabel that she should go away for a while. Then he asks her if she would consider it. How does Annabel respond?
8. When she returned to her room, Tom asked her why she had turned over the letters to the inquest, saying that she didn't have to do that. How did she answer him?
9. Annabel went to the inquest and when she was called, she said that there were some special notes left among Frederick's papers. There was a loud murmur of surprise in the courtroom, the letters were taken from her and the inquest was adjourned until 4P.M. How did Billy react to her action?
10. Annabel still lies in bed, thinking that she would have to tell Frederick not to speak of the party, no one would believe there had been a party if they both denied it. How was she dealing with the fact of Fredericks death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
We are surprised sometimes when we least expect it, that people come forward and do the right thing. Marina, Frederick's mistress, hands a note from Frederick over to Annabel. How different are these two women who once loved Frederick? Do they understand one another? Is this truly an act of kindness?
Essay Topic 2
Annabel makes a surprising decision at the end of the book. What do you think is her reason? What do you see as her future and why? Do you have any particular emotion at the decision she has made and if so, why?
Essay Topic 3
Frederick is hostile towards Annabel and her career. Is money an underlying factor? Who is the primary wage earner? Is money ever discussed? How has money affected the way that Annabel and Frederick live?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)