|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annabel leaves the hospital, what do the parents of the woman she had visited, say to her?
2. What kind of image does Luigi think Annabel should have?
3. What does Anabel find when she goes to open her suitcases in the hotel?
4. When Annabel is asked how she found the notes, what does she say?
5. What word does Annabel use to describe Frederick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Marina is about to leave when Annabel calls her back. What does Annabel want?
2. Marina comes to Annabel's hotel to talk about the note Frederick had sent her. Annabel offers to pay her bills and says that she need not come to the inquest. Had Marina made a photo-copy?
3. The neighbors had supported Annabel during the news conference with phrases about her courage and murmurs to the newsmen to tread with care. How had she handled the photographers with their questions?
4. Annabel talked to Luigi about the girl in the hospital. The girl said that she was in love with Frederick. Then Annabel added that with so many girls after him, Frederick was driven to suicide, and In the end it pushed him over the edge. Luigi asked her what she was going to say at the inquest. How did Annabel respond?
5. Annabel reads the note to her and it's the same lies as to his mother. What does Annabel have to disprove?
6. What causes Billy to freak out when he sees something go by Annabel's hotel window at night?
7. Billy started to tell Annabel about Frederick's suicide notes, and when his words had finally registered, she got hysterical and began to scream. Was Annabel having a sort of mini breakdown?
8. Danya's parents meet with Annabel after her meeting with Danya and they thank Annabel for coming to visit their daughter. Will they meet with Annabel again?
9. How long has Frederick's mother been dead and why write to her?
10. Annabel lies in bed, in Chapter V, thinking about the press conference. It had gone off reasonably well for a first news break. As to how the press conference had actually gone, would it seem that Annabel had still maintained control?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Billy, Annabel and Frederick were longtime friends. Have they remained friends? What is the ongoing relationship between Annabel and Billy? Is Billy trustworthy? Does he have ulterior motives for his friendship?
Essay Topic 2
As a society, we have come to expect certain behavior in certain situations. Discuss Annabel's reaction to Frederick's death and her subsequent behavior. Do you consider her actions appropriate? How do neighbors and friends view what she does?
Essay Topic 3
Frederick is obsessed with threatening to leave Annabel, but he doesn't leave. What is the significance of the threats? How do his threats impact on his and Annabel's lives? Could his threats be viewed as a sword over Annabel's head. Discuss.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)