|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the inquest, what are Annabel's last words about Frederick?
(a) He was unfaithful.
(b) He asked some woman to go away with him.
(c) He was insane.
(d) He was planning to leave Annabel.
2. Who is with her when she gets to the hotel?
3. What does Annabel say when Luigi asks if Frederick was jealous of him?
(a) Annabel says there was no reason for him to be jealous.
(b) Frederick was jealous of all the men she knew.
(c) Frederick didn't want her to act in Luigi's films.
(d) Annabel says that, yes, he was immensely jealous.
4. What is the name of Annabel's new script?
(a) Under the Staircase.
(b) Above the Showcase.
(c) The Staircase.
(d) The Showcase.
5. What does Anabel find when she goes to open her suitcases in the hotel?
(a) Her suit cases have been moved.
(b) Her suit cases are unlocked.
(c) Her suit cases are half full.
(d) Her suit cases are empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annabel is asked how she found the notes, what does she say?
2. What happens in the courtroom immediately after Annabel spoke?
3. How does Annabel continue handling the orgy story in Chapter 7?
4. In all of the notes, what is the one accusation against Annabel that Fredrick consistently mentions.
5. What does the hotel provide for the baby to sleep on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Annabel assume Billy wants money for after he tells her about Frederick's suicide notes?
2. Annabel reads the note to her and it's the same lies as to his mother. What does Annabel have to disprove?
3. Annabel was at the airport, waiting for the plane to Greece. With anonymity, she had bought a ticket and prepared to board a plane. How is it possible to feel free and unfree?
4. Billy started to tell Annabel about Frederick's suicide notes, and when his words had finally registered, she got hysterical and began to scream. Was Annabel having a sort of mini breakdown?
5. What causes Billy to freak out when he sees something go by Annabel's hotel window at night?
6. When the phone rang insistently in Annabel's room, despite instructions to hold calls, Billy answered it and said the police were downstairs. What would the police want?
7. Luigi had called the hotel many times and when Annabel got his messages, she called him and he came to the hotel on Sunday. He read the letters and wanted to know if there were any more. Annabel told him that Billy said no. What did Luigi believe?
8. Billy hands the notes from Frederick to Annabel and she starts to read. What is her reaction when she has finished?
9. Danya, who Annabel was going to visit in the hospital, had told many nurses and several doctors that she had been in love with Frederick along with numerous other young women. How does her meeting with Annabel go?
10. Luigi tells Annabel that she will have to have a new public image if the accusations in Frederick's notes get out. He tells Annabel that she should go away for a while. Then he asks her if she would consider it. How does Annabel respond?
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)