|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annabel continue handling the orgy story in Chapter 7?
(a) She asked Francesca to issue press releases about Frederick's many women and their orgies.
(b) She plans a press conference for after Luigi arrives.
(c) She keeps denying it and causes it to almost go away.
(d) She says to Golly that Frederick had many women who had orgies with him.
2. After seeing the papers, how does Annabel think the press conference went?
(a) Annabel thought the press conference went well.
(b) Annabel thought the press conference went badly.
(c) Annabel thought the press conference went way beyond expectations.
(d) Annnabel thought the press conference brought out too much scandal..
3. When Francesca was brought back to Rome by Luigi, what was she instructed to do for Annabel?
(a) She was to help Annabel as much as possible.
(b) She was to write press releases, to be sent out about Annabel..
(c) She was to leak rumors to the press, favorable to Annabel.
(d) She was to set up interviews between Annabel and the press.
4. When Tom tells Annabel she has to pay, what does she say at first?
(a) She'll say they're all forgeries.
(b) She refuses to pay even a penny.
(c) She'll call in the authorities.
(d) She'll say it's not Frederick's handwriting.
5. What does Billy find when he examines Frederick's bedroom?
(a) Frederick's papers and notes.
(b) Frederick's will.
(c) Frederick's love letters.
(d) Frederick's manuscripts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabel do when she is shown the note that her husband's mistress received?
2. In Chapter VII, what happens at the hospital after the woman Annabel wants to visit is admitted?
3. When Annabel is asked how she found the notes, what does she say?
4. In all of the notes, what is the one accusation against Annabel that Fredrick consistently mentions.
5. What does Billy speak to Annabel about in the hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Luigi tells Annabel that she will have to have a new public image if the accusations in Frederick's notes get out. He tells Annabel that she should go away for a while. Then he asks her if she would consider it. How does Annabel respond?
2. How long has Frederick's mother been dead and why write to her?
3. Billy started to tell Annabel about Frederick's suicide notes, and when his words had finally registered, she got hysterical and began to scream. Was Annabel having a sort of mini breakdown?
4. Tom called Annabel before he saw her, to discuss the notes which Billy had called him about the night before. He said that Billy wanted a huge sum of money or he would reveal the contents. How did Tom respond to Annable's question of what would happen to her if she didn't pay?
5. After the press conference, Billy let himself into Annabel's flat, bringing the papers. Annabel was not pleased to see Billy because she was afraid the neighbors would talk. How did she feel after she saw the papers?
6. Annabel left the flat and she went back to the hotel, along with Billy and the baby. She noticed that her suitcases were open and commented on it to Billy. He told her that it was probably the police investigating because Suicide is a criminal offense in Rome. What did Annabel say?
7. Marina told Annabel a reporter contacted her to pay for her love story with Frederick but she turned him down. He wanted to know if Marina was near the Church when Frederick was chased by ladies. How did Marina respond when Annabel asked whether she really thought Frederick was crazy?
8. Annabel talked to Luigi about the girl in the hospital. The girl said that she was in love with Frederick. Then Annabel added that with so many girls after him, Frederick was driven to suicide, and In the end it pushed him over the edge. Luigi asked her what she was going to say at the inquest. How did Annabel respond?
9. Annabel went to the inquest and when she was called, she said that there were some special notes left among Frederick's papers. There was a loud murmur of surprise in the courtroom, the letters were taken from her and the inquest was adjourned until 4P.M. How did Billy react to her action?
10. Billy hands the notes from Frederick to Annabel and she starts to read. What is her reaction when she has finished?
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)