|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After seeing the papers, how does Annabel think the press conference went?
(a) Annabel thought the press conference went badly.
(b) Annabel thought the press conference went well.
(c) Annnabel thought the press conference brought out too much scandal..
(d) Annabel thought the press conference went way beyond expectations.
2. Who does Luigi tell Annabel that she doesn't need at the inquest?
3. As the notes were taken from Annabel, what happened to Billy's face?
(a) He called out in anger to Annabel..
(b) He closed his eyes and looked away.
(c) He just turned his head from side to side.
(d) He looked stunned.
4. What does it mean when Luigi tells Annabel not to be tempted?
(a) Continue to be a widow just involved with your baby.
(b) Don't be involved with another man too soon.
(c) Don't eat too much and get fat.
(d) Don't be tempted to show off the notes in the courthouse.
5. How does Annabel continue handling the orgy story in Chapter 7?
(a) She plans a press conference for after Luigi arrives.
(b) She asked Francesca to issue press releases about Frederick's many women and their orgies.
(c) She keeps denying it and causes it to almost go away.
(d) She says to Golly that Frederick had many women who had orgies with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many notes has Billy shown Tom?
2. What frightens Billy at the hotel window at night, when he and Annabel are talking?
3. When Annabel wants to know why her friends, her lawyer, and everyone else haven't left messages for her, what does Billy say?
4. When Francesca was brought back to Rome by Luigi, what was she instructed to do for Annabel?
5. What does Annabel's lawyer immediately talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Annabel went to the inquest and when she was called, she said that there were some special notes left among Frederick's papers. There was a loud murmur of surprise in the courtroom, the letters were taken from her and the inquest was adjourned until 4P.M. How did Billy react to her action?
2. Annabel talked to Luigi about the girl in the hospital. The girl said that she was in love with Frederick. Then Annabel added that with so many girls after him, Frederick was driven to suicide, and In the end it pushed him over the edge. Luigi asked her what she was going to say at the inquest. How did Annabel respond?
3. After the press conference, Billy let himself into Annabel's flat, bringing the papers. Annabel was not pleased to see Billy because she was afraid the neighbors would talk. How did she feel after she saw the papers?
4. Annabel left the flat and she went back to the hotel, along with Billy and the baby. She noticed that her suitcases were open and commented on it to Billy. He told her that it was probably the police investigating because Suicide is a criminal offense in Rome. What did Annabel say?
5. Billy started to tell Annabel about Frederick's suicide notes, and when his words had finally registered, she got hysterical and began to scream. Was Annabel having a sort of mini breakdown?
6. When she returned to her room, Tom asked her why she had turned over the letters to the inquest, saying that she didn't have to do that. How did she answer him?
7. Annabel lies in bed, in Chapter V, thinking about the press conference. It had gone off reasonably well for a first news break. As to how the press conference had actually gone, would it seem that Annabel had still maintained control?
8. Luigi had called the hotel many times and when Annabel got his messages, she called him and he came to the hotel on Sunday. He read the letters and wanted to know if there were any more. Annabel told him that Billy said no. What did Luigi believe?
9. Billy hands the notes from Frederick to Annabel and she starts to read. What is her reaction when she has finished?
10. Danya, who Annabel was going to visit in the hospital, had told many nurses and several doctors that she had been in love with Frederick along with numerous other young women. How does her meeting with Annabel go?
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)