|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annabel feel about the baby?
(a) Annabel thinks the baby is the only reality of her life.
(b) Annabel loves talking baby talk to him.
(c) Annabel doesn't want to fuss over him.
(d) Annabel doesn't have the patience to care for him day to day.
2. What happens after the party when everyone leaves and Annabel turns out the light?
(a) The doorbell rings and then Billy opens the door with his key.
(b) She runs back into the apartment.
(c) Annabel tells people without really seeing them, that they had to leave.
(d) She closes the door in Billy's face and tells him to go.
3. When Annabel Makes the film "Minerva Arrives at Platform 10," what does the public call her?
(a) Lady of the tiger eyes.
(c) Lily of the Valley.
4. What does Annabel say to an interviewer about scarves?
(a) Annabel says her friends don't bring her scarves from theri holidays anymore.
(b) Annabel says that she likes pastel colored scarves.
(c) Annabel says that she has lost many friends.
(d) Annabel says that she prefers cotton scarves to any other kind.
5. How does Annabel feel when the Press comes in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first character we meet as the book begins?
2. What does Luigi say to Annabel when they begin their filming?
3. What are the seven capital sins mentioned in "The Public Image?"
4. What kinds of people does Billy meet in Rome?
5. What word is used to describe Annabel's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Until quite recently, how would people have described Annabel's physical appearance?
2. When Frederick failed at acting, he turned to writing film scripts and had a number of small successes. What was the script that would bring fame to both of the Christophers?
3. What is the relationship of Billy O'Brien to the Christopher family?
4. When the doorbell rings in Chapter 4, someone's son, directed by a note left for him by his mother, has come to Annabel's flat. How does he greet Annabel?
5. In Chapter 4, the neighbors have brought in chairs for everyone to sit. How are the chairs arranged and where does Annabel sit?
6. The doctor gives Annabel two aspirins and a glass of warmed up wine. The leading neighbors of the palazzo, at the sight of the baby in Annabel's arms, get teary at the sight of Annabel's' tears. She is crying quite hard, when the child says something about how actresses can make themselves cry. What in the child's words brings back echoes of Frederick?
7. As more and more people came into her flat, for the party she hadn't known about, Annabel wondered what she should do. Why didn't she just send them all away?
8. What was the difference between the way that Annabel and Frederick viewed acting?
9. One afternoon as Annabel is waiting for Frederick, Billy O'Brien lets himself in with the key that Frederick had given to him. Billy is rude and arrogant and demands food, which Annabel prepares. Billy says that Frederick has threatened suicide and Annabel says he has done the same with her. Should they have taken his threats more seriously?
10. After everyone left the party, the flat was in a terrible mess, and Billy asked Annabel if he wanted him to come around in the morning to help her and Frederick clean up the mess. Did that mean that Billy didn't know anything of Frederick's whereabouts?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)