|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annabel's door bell rings while she is sitting and waiting for the press, who comes in?
(d) A reporter.
2. In Chapter II, where is the Director watching the shooting of "The House on the Piazza?"
(a) The Bernini Fountain in the Piazza Navona.
(b) Travolta Fountain at the Piazza Delorosa.
(c) Milani Fountain in the Piazza Acuta.
(d) Romani Fountain in the Piazza Del Mar.
3. How does Annabel feel about the baby?
(a) Annabel doesn't want to fuss over him.
(b) Annabel doesn't have the patience to care for him day to day.
(c) Annabel thinks the baby is the only reality of her life.
(d) Annabel loves talking baby talk to him.
4. How do Billy and Annabel first meet?
(a) Billy and Annabel were friends in high school.
(b) Billy was Annabel's next door neighbor.
(c) Billy meets Annabel when she is a waitress in a coffee bar.
(d) Billy meets Annabel when she marries his friend Frederick.
5. Who writes the film in which Annabel is to star?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabel like about her husband's hair?
2. What kind of flooring is there in Annabel's new flat?
3. How well does Annabel speak Italian?
4. Who is Gijo?
5. How does the doctor avoid crowds at the hospital morgue with Annabel?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter IV, when Annabel is taken to view the body, the doctors and nurses who escort her being to speak rapidly in Italian and she realizes they are trying to console her. How does she react?
2. Dr.Tommasi brings Annabel to her flat where the press is waiting for her. She tells the doctor she needs a half hour to see her baby and then she wants to see the press, but she wants all her neighbors to be with her. Why is Annabel asking for her neighbors to be with her?
3. Annabel had a brief affair with an American drama student who was playing a small part in one of her films. How did this affect her marriage?
4. Annabel's film company was worried about the couple's divorcing at what could be the wrong time, such as the release of a new picture. How did Annabel decide to save her marriage?
5. What was Annabel's next film after "The House on the Piazza," and how was it received by the public? Also, how did it impact on the Christopher's personal lives?
6. When the doorbell rings in Chapter 4, someone's son, directed by a note left for him by his mother, has come to Annabel's flat. How does he greet Annabel?
7. The press entered the room in a rush and surged towards Annabel in Chapter 4. She sat among her neighbors who conveyed their sense of empathy and deep feeling for her loss, as Annabel blinked away her tears and looked warmly down at her baby. How did the press approach her? Was this an event staged by Annabel to control the damage Frederick had wrought?
8. Annabel was now the principal wage earner. Frederick's intellectual aspect and dignity were possible because of what Annabel earned. How did Frederick feel about this?
9. In Chapter II, we learn that "The House on the Piazza" was the film that established Annabel's reputation. However, the film itself did not draw crowds and was considered lifeless. How did Frederick view the film?
10. The doctor's wife is surprised that Annabel is taking her baby into the press conference. How does she interact with Annabel?
This section contains 1,196 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)