|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Annabel's door bell rings while she is sitting and waiting for the press, who comes in?
(c) A reporter.
2. How does Annabel act when she arrives in Italy?
(a) Annabel acts aloof and well bred.
(b) Annabel is full of life only when she acts.
(c) Annabel is the tiger only in front of the camera.
(d) Annabel smiles constantly.
3. What bits of conversation does Frederick hear as he walks through the sets of the film studio?
(a) "- whiskey straight up - ".
(b) " - I'm not English, I'm Canadian - ".
(c) " - little cup of tea -".
(d) " - coffee black -".
4. What does Annabel say when she arrives at her flat door after she learns about Frederick's suicide?
(a) She tells the reporters to leave.
(b) She tells her neighbors to leave their children at home.
(c) She wants her neighbors to come inside with her.
(d) She tells the doctor she doesn't want any sedatives yet.
5. Worried about gossip after the party ends, what does Annabel do?
(a) Annabel asks a guest tohelp her dospose of some of the liquor.
(b) Annabel carries an unopened vodka bottle from the kitchen to the bath room and pours it down the lavatory.
(c) Annabel hides other bottles in the hall closet.
(d) Annabel tries to hide liquor in the bath room but there's an unconscious man lying on the floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Giorgio goes out, how are Annabel's neighbors arranged?
2. What family does Annabel have?
3. Who comes to the door when Giorgio goes out?
4. Who is Gijo?
5. Of what do the comments of the doctor's child remind Annabel?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the doorbell rings in Chapter 4, someone's son, directed by a note left for him by his mother, has come to Annabel's flat. How does he greet Annabel?
2. When Billy showed up unexpectedly at the party that Annabel had known nothing about, who did he bring with him?
3. Frederick thought his wife was superficial. He wanted to know if when she was acting she ever felt the part from deeply inside. How did Annabel respond to that?
4. What was the difference between the way that Annabel and Frederick viewed acting?
5. One afternoon as Annabel is waiting for Frederick, Billy O'Brien lets himself in with the key that Frederick had given to him. Billy is rude and arrogant and demands food, which Annabel prepares. Billy says that Frederick has threatened suicide and Annabel says he has done the same with her. Should they have taken his threats more seriously?
6. The doctor gives Annabel two aspirins and a glass of warmed up wine. The leading neighbors of the palazzo, at the sight of the baby in Annabel's arms, get teary at the sight of Annabel's' tears. She is crying quite hard, when the child says something about how actresses can make themselves cry. What in the child's words brings back echoes of Frederick?
7. Dr.Tommassi's child is very rude and not tactful. She makes some mean and penetrating comments. How does Annabel react?
8. The doctor's wife is surprised that Annabel is taking her baby into the press conference. How does she interact with Annabel?
9. Despite Annabel's few unsuccessful calls to some friends, Billy was the one who got did get everyone to leave Annabel's flat and end the out of control party. What did Billy say to Annabel about Frederick not showing up at the party and how did he help Annabel?
10. The press entered the room in a rush and surged towards Annabel in Chapter 4. She sat among her neighbors who conveyed their sense of empathy and deep feeling for her loss, as Annabel blinked away her tears and looked warmly down at her baby. How did the press approach her? Was this an event staged by Annabel to control the damage Frederick had wrought?
This section contains 1,433 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)