|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luigi say to Annabel at dinner after her hospital visit to Danya?
(a) Billy will tell the orgy story.
(b) Luigi wants Annabel to plan ahead for the next fifteen years of her career.
(c) It's a good idea to keep Marina's notes safe with you instead of letting them lie around.
(d) You were wonderful.
2. What do the newspapers say?
(a) They blame Annabel for Frederick's suicide.
(b) They imply that things happen when there is infidelity.
(c) They think that having a party is a disgrace.
(d) Their general tone is favorable to Annabel.
3. Who calls from the downstairs desk in the hotel, asking for Annabel?
(a) The Press.
(b) Some neighbors.
(c) The police.
4. How does Annabel feel about changing her public image?
(a) She doesn't want to change it.
(b) She's not sure about continuing to act.
(c) She needs time to think about it.
(d) She doesn't like any of Luigi's suggestions.
5. How do Annabel's feelings change, a little while after she has heard Frederick's note to his mother?
(a) She wants to tell the Press how devious he has been.
(b) She wants the nurse to leave the hotel so they can have privacy.
(c) She is alert and no longer angry and bewildered.
(d) She tells Billy to answer the phone only if it's her lawyer.
6. What questions do the reporters ask Annabel the night of Frederick's death?
(a) Did you have a party this evening?
(b) Was there some kind of fight in your flat?
(c) Were you celebrating your move?
(d) Did you want to show off your baby to your neighbors?
7. Annabel asks Tom what else Luigi said to him in the conversation they had earlier. How does Tom respond?
(a) Annabel might have a problem ever getting a role in films.
(b) He talks about scandal and emphasized that Annabel must come out of this with a good public image.
(c) He says that Annabel might never act again.
(d) He says that Annabel might have to go away for a long time.
8. What does Annabel tell Tom about the notes?
(a) Billy would forge the notes if he had to.
(b) Billy plans to blackmail everyone he can.
(c) Billy must have photo-copied all the notes the night that Frederick died.
(d) Billy is going to show his notes at the inquest.
9. What does Annabel's lawyer immediately talk about?
(a) Annabel's public image.
(b) Frederick's will.
(c) The notes from Frederick.
(d) A new contract for Annabel.
10. Where does Annabel want to go, the next morning after Frederick's death?
(a) To a neighbor's flat.
(b) To Church.
(c) To the funeral home.
(d) To the hotel.
11. What happened to the doctor's child the night of the press conference ?
(a) Scared of the child, the baby cries and the neighbors take him upatairs.
(b) She lets her hand bleed on the baby's blanket.
(c) She blames Billy for breaking the glass.
(d) She cut her hand on broken glass in Annabel's flat and blamed Annabel for the glass.
12. Why would the suit cases have been searched?
(a) They would have been searched for drugs or a note.
(b) Someone may have been looking for money.
(c) A fan may have been looking for a souvenir.
(d) Annabel may have forgotten to lock them.
13. What word does Annabel use to describe Frederick?
14. When Luigi visits Annabel at the hotel on Sunday morning, where is the baby and his nurse?
(a) Back at the flat, visiting the neighbors.
(b) In front of the hotel, being photographed by the press.
(c) In the hotel room with Annabel.
(d) On the roof terrace with the other nursemaids.
15. In Chapter VII, what happens at the hospital after the woman Annabel wants to visit is admitted?
(a) Frederick was a drug abuser and Annabel didn't know.
(b) She told all the doctors and the nurses that she has been in love with Frederick.
(c) She had been pregnant with Frederick's child.
(d) Frederick was inlove with her and was planning to leave Annabel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy speak to Annabel about in the hotel?
2. When she mentions Danya to her friend, Golly, what does Golly ask her about the family?
3. How many times does Annabel read the suicide notes?
4. When Tom questions Annabel again about the notes and asks to what family members they they were written, what does Annabel say?
5. When Tom tells Annabel she has to pay, what does she say at first?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)