|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annabel feel when the Press comes in?
2. When styles of acting are discussed, what style does Annabel believe?
(a) Creating a role is most important.
(b) Studying at a great drama school is most important.
(c) Camera poses are most important.
(d) Great acting is the most important.
3. How does Annabel behave towards the doctor's child?
(a) She makes her leave the baby's room.
(b) She calls her a beast.
(c) She tells her that she's a little brat.
(d) She slaps her face.
4. What happens with the doctor's outspoken daughter?
(a) She refuses to leave.
(b) She tells Annabel that it's sad that the baby is fatherless.
(c) She makes a nasty comment about Frederick's suicide.
(d) She runs out and some neighbors have to go and find her.
5. How does the doctor avoid crowds at the hospital morgue with Annabel?
(a) He arranges for a special time to view Frederick's body.
(b) He has Frederick's body removed to a secret room.
(c) He takes her in by a side door.
(d) He advises her to wear a scarf over her face.
6. How do some critics describe "The House on the Piazza?"
(b) A tour de force.
7. Why does Annabel's second affair end?
(a) Annabel tells the young man he is stupid.
(b) Annabel quarrels with the young man.
(c) Annabel laughs at the young man.
(d) Annabel throws a shoe at the young man.
8. What is the name of Annabel's baby?
(c) Frederick jr.
9. What occurs when Annabel goes to identify Frederick's body?
(a) Flowers have been placed on the trolley on which he lies.
(b) His face is bruised and hard to look at.
(c) She refuses to look at him.
(d) Annabel says that it's her husband and turns away.
10. What does Annabel do to keep Frederick with her while she makes more films in Italy?
(a) Annabel asks Frederick's mother to care for the baby in Rome.
(b) Annabel finds a job for Billy in Rome.
(c) Annabel promises Frederick she will ask Luigi to get him an acting part in his next picture.
(d) Annabel promises Frederick she will move back to England in a year.
11. What does Francesca do in her ongoing quest to publicize Annabel?
(a) Francesca prevails upon the journalists to write stories about the couple's devotion to one another.
(b) Francesca waits for press interviews to provide publicity.
(c) Francesca continues to make Annabel and Frederick appear inseparable.
(d) Francesca asks Luigi's photographers for ideas on how to pose the couple.
12. Why does Billy go back to Belfast?
(a) To work in his uncle's grocer shop.
(b) Frederick found out about Billy and Annabel.
(c) To get some jobs related to the theatre.
(d) Because Annabel broke off their affair.
13. Why does the doctor come to talk to Annabel rather than the police?
(a) The police would ask too many questions.
(b) The police would arrest her.
(c) The police don't have a case.
(d) The doctor will soften the news as a friend.
14. Worried about gossip after the party ends, what does Annabel do?
(a) Annabel hides other bottles in the hall closet.
(b) Annabel asks a guest tohelp her dospose of some of the liquor.
(c) Annabel carries an unopened vodka bottle from the kitchen to the bath room and pours it down the lavatory.
(d) Annabel tries to hide liquor in the bath room but there's an unconscious man lying on the floor.
15. When Annabel's door bell rings while she is sitting and waiting for the press, who comes in?
(d) A reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of flooring is there in Annabel's new flat?
2. What word is used to describe Annabel's eyes?
3. A few months after Frederick's death, when Annabel reflects on what has happened, what does she think?
4. What is the image Frederick Creates for himself?
5. How does Annabel want to deal with the press?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)