|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Giorgio goes out, how are Annabel's neighbors arranged?
(a) All around the room.
(b) In a circle to keep Annabel safe.
(c) They start to leave as if to give her space.
(d) Sitting and standing with folded arms as if to protect her.
2. How does Frederick react when Annabel decides they should have a baby?
(a) Frederick tells Annabel that all she thinks of is his public image.
(b) Frederick tells Annabel that the baby will ruin her career.
(c) Frederick tells Annabel that she should not have the baby.
(d) Frederick thinks he will not like the baby.
3. When Annabel realizes the new visitors after the party were the doctor and his wife, what happens?
(a) Annabel apologizes for calling them out.
(b) The doctor says that she needn't apologize.
(c) The doctor's daughter starts to cry.
(d) Annabel apologizes for Frederick's absence.
4. On the night of the party, who is still in the flat after Annabel feeds the baby?
(a) The Ketners.
(b) Billy and Kurt.
5. What occurs when Annabel goes to identify Frederick's body?
(a) Flowers have been placed on the trolley on which he lies.
(b) Annabel says that it's her husband and turns away.
(c) She refuses to look at him.
(d) His face is bruised and hard to look at.
6. Why does Billy go back to Belfast?
(a) Because Annabel broke off their affair.
(b) To get some jobs related to the theatre.
(c) To work in his uncle's grocer shop.
(d) Frederick found out about Billy and Annabel.
7. What happens with the doctor's outspoken daughter?
(a) She tells Annabel that it's sad that the baby is fatherless.
(b) She runs out and some neighbors have to go and find her.
(c) She makes a nasty comment about Frederick's suicide.
(d) She refuses to leave.
8. On what exact days does Annabel expect a furniture delivery in her new place in Rome?
(a) Monday,Thursday, Friday.
(b) Tuesday, Wednesday,Friday.
(c) Monday, Tuesday,Friday.
9. What are the headlines Annabel thinks of when she hears of Frederick's death?
(a) Frederick leaves unfaithful wife at wild orgy.
(b) Frederick Christopher dies during time of orgy at wife's flat.
(c) Frederick Christopher leaves party because he is embarrassed.
(d) Frederick Christopher leaves party because of excessive guest drinking.
10. How does Annabel behave towards the doctor's child?
(a) She slaps her face.
(b) She tells her that she's a little brat.
(c) She makes her leave the baby's room.
(d) She calls her a beast.
11. How do people perceive Annabel's private life?
(a) Annabel is considered a tiger woman who lets it rip in bed.
(b) Annabel is viewed as Frederick's wife in name only.
(c) Despite her screen image, Annabel is thought to be measured and cold in private.
(d) Annabel appears to the public as a typical self-controlled Englishwoman.
12. Who opens Annabel's door and walks in without ringing the bell?
(a) A curious neighbor.
(b) The housemaid.
(d) The Nurse.
13. Describe what first happens when everyone enters the flat.
(a) Anabel feels a terrible headache coming on.
(b) The red haired woman wears tight pants and shows off a revealing top.
(c) Everyone starts to dance.
(d) There is a middle aged woman with curly red hair and lots of makeup who dances,
14. What is the name of the film Annabel is making?
(a) The Holiday in Rome.
(b) The House on the Piazza.
(c) The Light on the Plaza
(d) The Last Light of Peace.
15. Where do they say that sensational publicity stories usually start?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Giorgio saying to Annabel when he bends over to speak to her?
2. What does Annabel tell her husband after her second brief affair?
3. What does a neighbor explain to Annabel about why her son came in late?
4. Who is the first character we meet as the book begins?
5. Why does Annabel's second affair end?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)