|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annabel get everyone to leave the party?
(a) Frederick sends word that he isn't coming.
(b) Billy comes in and pulls the plug on the record player and everyone leaves as the music stops.
(c) Maina comes to the flat with a note for Annabel.
(d) The glasses are hidden so that no one can drink.
2. How does Annabel feel when the Press comes in?
3. What does Annabel find when she goes to check the baby during the party?
(a) Someone has placed a brandy bottle in his crib.
(b) He begins to cry very loudly.
(c) Someone has turned a bright light on in the room.
(d) He moves and cries out a little.
4. In Chapter III, what does Annabel know of Frederick's whereabouts?
(a) He has not moved in with Billy.
(b) He is away somewhere and has not shown up for five days and nights.
(c) She thinks he is living with his mistress.
(d) She thinks he might still be living at the hotel.
5. What does Annabel say when she arrives at her flat door after she learns about Frederick's suicide?
(a) She wants her neighbors to come inside with her.
(b) She tells her neighbors to leave their children at home.
(c) She tells the doctor she doesn't want any sedatives yet.
(d) She tells the reporters to leave.
6. When Annabel has her second affair, what nationality is the young man?
7. How do some critics describe "The House on the Piazza?"
(d) A tour de force.
8. How does Annabel manage to buy a flat in Italy at a good price?
(a) Annabel pays for professional help.
(b) Annabel asks her acquaintances to help her.
(c) Frederick and his friends help.
(d) Annabel depends on her importance as a movie star to get help.
9. How does Annabel respond to Giorgio?
(a) Her eyes fill with tears.
(b) She begins to sob out loud.
(c) She talks about Frederick.
(d) She hands him the baby to hold.
10. On the night of the party, who is still in the flat after Annabel feeds the baby?
(a) Billy and Kurt.
(b) The Ketners.
11. What small parts does Annabel play before her role in the film in Rome?
(a) The nurse who administers the wrong medicine to a patient.
(b) The young girl who escapes from her abusive father.
(c) The typist who returns to the office and accidentally interrupts a fatal argument.
(d) The housemaid who runs off with the delivery boy.
12. Who does Annabel respond to Frederick's possible time of arrival to the party ?
(a) She tells everyone in the crowd who listens, that Frederick may not come.
(b) She asks a woman in a long black dress whether Frederick said he will be along soon,
(c) When Billy comes in, Annabel says that Frederick is late.
(d) She tells the German journalist that Frederick is always late.
13. What does Annabel say to an interviewer about scarves?
(a) Annabel says that she prefers cotton scarves to any other kind.
(b) Annabel says that she likes pastel colored scarves.
(c) Annabel says that she has lost many friends.
(d) Annabel says her friends don't bring her scarves from theri holidays anymore.
14. Where do they say that sensational publicity stories usually start?
15. What does Annabel serve Billy for breakfast?
(a) Ham Omelet.
(b) Coffee and croissants.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Annabel do to keep Frederick with her while she makes more films in Italy?
2. What are some of the views from Annabel's flat?
3. Describe what first happens when everyone enters the flat.
4. What are the headlines Annabel thinks of when she hears of Frederick's death?
5. What kind of flooring is there in Annabel's new flat?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)