|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes the film in which Annabel is to star?
2. What happens with the doctor's outspoken daughter?
(a) She runs out and some neighbors have to go and find her.
(b) She refuses to leave.
(c) She makes a nasty comment about Frederick's suicide.
(d) She tells Annabel that it's sad that the baby is fatherless.
3. When Annabel realizes the new visitors after the party were the doctor and his wife, what happens?
(a) The doctor says that she needn't apologize.
(b) Annabel apologizes for calling them out.
(c) Annabel apologizes for Frederick's absence.
(d) The doctor's daughter starts to cry.
4. Worried about gossip after the party ends, what does Annabel do?
(a) Annabel tries to hide liquor in the bath room but there's an unconscious man lying on the floor.
(b) Annabel carries an unopened vodka bottle from the kitchen to the bath room and pours it down the lavatory.
(c) Annabel hides other bottles in the hall closet.
(d) Annabel asks a guest tohelp her dospose of some of the liquor.
5. How well does Annabel speak Italian?
(a) Annabel speaks ungramatically but fluently.
(b) Annabel speaks witha strong English accent.
(c) Annabel speaks Italian with great difficulty.
(d) Annabel speaks with inappropriate gestures.
6. How does Annabel respond to Giorgio?
(a) Her eyes fill with tears.
(b) She hands him the baby to hold.
(c) She begins to sob out loud.
(d) She talks about Frederick.
7. What does Francesca do in her ongoing quest to publicize Annabel?
(a) Francesca asks Luigi's photographers for ideas on how to pose the couple.
(b) Francesca prevails upon the journalists to write stories about the couple's devotion to one another.
(c) Francesca continues to make Annabel and Frederick appear inseparable.
(d) Francesca waits for press interviews to provide publicity.
8. How does the doctor avoid crowds at the hospital morgue with Annabel?
(a) He advises her to wear a scarf over her face.
(b) He arranges for a special time to view Frederick's body.
(c) He takes her in by a side door.
(d) He has Frederick's body removed to a secret room.
9. Why has the doctor come to Annabel's flat?
(a) To tell Annabel that her husband is dead.
(b) To explain why he hasn't come to help her earlier.
(c) To see if Annabel called earlier about the baby.
(d) To tell Annabel that no one can find Frederick.
10. How does Annabel manage to buy a flat in Italy at a good price?
(a) Annabel asks her acquaintances to help her.
(b) Annabel depends on her importance as a movie star to get help.
(c) Annabel pays for professional help.
(d) Frederick and his friends help.
11. What does Luigi say to Annabel when they begin their filming?
(a) Luigi asks her to live with him so that she will, in time, become the real tiger lady.
(b) Luigi says that Annabel's pubic life is more important than her private life.
(c) Luigi says that Annabel is not really a tiger lady so she shouldn't call herself that.
(d) Luigi says that Frederick must not be jealoous.
12. What small parts does Annabel play before her role in the film in Rome?
(a) The nurse who administers the wrong medicine to a patient.
(b) The typist who returns to the office and accidentally interrupts a fatal argument.
(c) The young girl who escapes from her abusive father.
(d) The housemaid who runs off with the delivery boy.
13. How does Frederick feel about leaving Annabel?
(a) Frederick will stay because of the baby.
(b) Frederick will stay because she is making so much money.
(c) Frederick will stay until he is making more money.
(d) Frederick thinks he might leave her eventually.
14. What sort of club is Giorgio's club?
15. How does Annabel want to deal with the press?
(a) She wants to avoid them at all costs.
(b) She wants her press secretary to speak with them.
(c) She wants to hide in a hotel.
(d) She wants to see them on her own terms, when it's convenient for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the room in Annabel's flat arranged for her before the press conference?
2. Which of Annabel's neighbors is considered the most important?
3. What is the name of the film Annabel is making?
4. How does Annabel get everyone to leave the party?
5. The night of the party, why does Annabel suddenly feel angry?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)