|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the doctor come to Annabel's flat?
(a) To tell Annabel that her husband is dead.
(b) To explain why he hasn't come to help her earlier.
(c) To see if Annabel called earlier about the baby.
(d) To tell Annabel that no one can find Frederick.
2. How are the rest of the children behaving?
(a) They are behaving well.
(b) They are playing games.
(c) They are running around the flat.
(d) They are sitting out front.
3. What does a neighbor explain to Annabel about why her son came in late?
(a) He has too many girl friends.
(b) His job forces him to work late.
(c) He always stays out late.
(d) He has been detained at his club.
4. A few months after Frederick's death, when Annabel reflects on what has happened, what does she think?
(a) How much she has loved him.
(b) How little she has known about him.
(c) How poorly suited they have been.
(d) How little she has loved him.
5. Who does Annabel respond to Frederick's possible time of arrival to the party ?
(a) She tells the German journalist that Frederick is always late.
(b) She asks a woman in a long black dress whether Frederick said he will be along soon,
(c) When Billy comes in, Annabel says that Frederick is late.
(d) She tells everyone in the crowd who listens, that Frederick may not come.
6. How does Annabel feel about the baby?
(a) Annabel doesn't have the patience to care for him day to day.
(b) Annabel thinks the baby is the only reality of her life.
(c) Annabel doesn't want to fuss over him.
(d) Annabel loves talking baby talk to him.
7. What are the headlines Annabel thinks of when she hears of Frederick's death?
(a) Frederick Christopher leaves party because he is embarrassed.
(b) Frederick Christopher dies during time of orgy at wife's flat.
(c) Frederick Christopher leaves party because of excessive guest drinking.
(d) Frederick leaves unfaithful wife at wild orgy.
8. Where is Annabel's baby and what is it doing right after she moves into her new flat?
(a) The baby is out with Frederick.
(b) The baby is in the nursery.
(c) The baby is asleep on a pillow.
(d) The baby is in a carriage at the back.
9. In Chapter III, what does Annabel know of Frederick's whereabouts?
(a) She thinks he might still be living at the hotel.
(b) She thinks he is living with his mistress.
(c) He is away somewhere and has not shown up for five days and nights.
(d) He has not moved in with Billy.
10. Who comes to the door when Giorgio goes out?
(d) The Press.
11. Who opens Annabel's door and walks in without ringing the bell?
(a) The housemaid.
(c) A curious neighbor.
(d) The Nurse.
12. How does Frederick feel about leaving Annabel?
(a) Frederick will stay until he is making more money.
(b) Frederick thinks he might leave her eventually.
(c) Frederick will stay because she is making so much money.
(d) Frederick will stay because of the baby.
13. Where is Annabel's big role being filmed?
14. How well does Annabel speak Italian?
(a) Annabel speaks Italian with great difficulty.
(b) Annabel speaks ungramatically but fluently.
(c) Annabel speaks witha strong English accent.
(d) Annabel speaks with inappropriate gestures.
15. How does Annabel behave towards the doctor's child?
(a) She tells her that she's a little brat.
(b) She makes her leave the baby's room.
(c) She calls her a beast.
(d) She slaps her face.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Annabel's thoughts while making her movies in Rome?
2. What unusual event happens outside of Annabel's flat at 6:30 p.m.?
3. What person is frequently teased as being stupid?
4. What does Luigi's Press Secretary do to publicize Annabel?
5. When Billy is with Annabel, what does he say about Frederick's suicide threats?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)