|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Annabel get everyone to leave the party?
(a) Maina comes to the flat with a note for Annabel.
(b) The glasses are hidden so that no one can drink.
(c) Frederick sends word that he isn't coming.
(d) Billy comes in and pulls the plug on the record player and everyone leaves as the music stops.
2. How do people perceive Annabel's private life?
(a) Annabel is considered a tiger woman who lets it rip in bed.
(b) Annabel is viewed as Frederick's wife in name only.
(c) Despite her screen image, Annabel is thought to be measured and cold in private.
(d) Annabel appears to the public as a typical self-controlled Englishwoman.
3. What is the name of Annabel's baby?
(b) Frederick jr.
4. A few months after Frederick's death, when Annabel reflects on what has happened, what does she think?
(a) How poorly suited they have been.
(b) How little she has loved him.
(c) How much she has loved him.
(d) How little she has known about him.
5. What unusual event happens outside of Annabel's flat at 6:30 p.m.?
(a) Her neighbors all come to visit her.
(b) Some people come to her door in error, meaning to go to her neighbors' apartments.
(c) People come to take her to a party.
(d) A group of people, who look like friends of Billy's, come to the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Annabel has her second affair, what nationality is the young man?
2. What are the headlines Annabel thinks of when she hears of Frederick's death?
3. How do Billy and Annabel first meet?
4. The night of the party, why does Annabel suddenly feel angry?
5. How do some critics describe "The House on the Piazza?"
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)