|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Luther feel his ideas connected with Capitalism?
2. Who did Calvin say men existed for?
3. Who stated the original prayer of, "Give us this day our daily bread."?
4. What part of a man is most changed when he becomes religious?
5. Why did Traditionalists work so hard?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the ideas about the nature of man differ from Calvinism and Lutheranism?
2. Why did Calvinists become so judgmental?
3. What did August Francke's movement entail?
4. Where did Luther get the idea of personal callings?
5. How did Catholics think salvation would come?
6. How does the Lord's prayer change ideas in Capitalism?
7. What did Phillip Jakob Spencer do to change the religious climate of the time?
8. Why did Traditionalist work hard during their lives?
9. What does Beruf mean?
10. How did Calvinists feel about education, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was your favorite quote from this book, and why was it so significant to you?
Essay Topic 2
What was Luther's relationship with God, and what led to this? How did he maintain this in his life?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Quakers differ from most people in society, and why did they allow these differences to maintain themselves?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)