|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had great influence on Luther?
2. What did Traditionalists never want to receive?
3. What church did Methodism break away from?
4. How did Luther feel his ideas connected with Capitalism?
5. What did Cromwell say happened when the peasants were hurt?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author say he spends so much time talking about the Reformation?
2. Why did Calvin do away with private confessions?
3. What did Phillip Jakob Spencer do to change the religious climate of the time?
4. How did Luther feel about worldly duties, and why?
5. How did Calvinism interpret the idea of personal callings?
6. How did Calvinists feel about education, and why?
7. What was the idea of Terminism?
8. Why were Luther's ideas about Monastic life so ironic?
9. Why did Traditionalist work hard during their lives?
10. How did Cromwell's ideas about the poor relate to American finances?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Weber's ideas about idleness, and why was this so surprising to read about from his perspective?
Essay Topic 2
What is the responsibility the author placed on the reader, and what do you plan to do in response to this?
Essay Topic 3
What is your personal definition of The Spirit of Capitalism after reading this book?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)