|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sources led to the idea of Predestination?
2. What church did Methodism break away from?
3. Who did Calvin want his people to combat?
4. Who stated the original prayer of, "Give us this day our daily bread."?
5. What happened to the ideals of Calvinism and Baptism in the end of the 17th century?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Catholics think salvation would come?
2. Why did Calvin do away with private confessions?
3. How does the Lord's prayer change ideas in Capitalism?
4. How did Calvinism interpret the idea of personal callings?
5. What was Christian asceticism?
6. How did Pascal feel about the ideas of personal callings?
7. What does Beruf mean?
8. Why were Luther's ideas about Monastic life so ironic?
9. How did Cromwell's ideas about the poor relate to American finances?
10. How did the ideas about the nature of man differ from Calvinism and Lutheranism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the main message of this book, and why were these particular quotes chosen to share this message?
Essay Topic 2
Calvin presented a very interesting and unique philosophy on life. What was this philosophy, and how did this different idealism differ from the normal ideals of people?
Essay Topic 3
How does the modern man view religion and Capitalism, and what does the author have to say about this?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)