|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cromwell say happened when the peasants were hurt?
2. How many men did Calvin say would be saved?
3. Who does God withhold his grace from according to the big Confession of 1647?
4. Where did Luther get the idea for personal callings?
5. What did Pietism split from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Lord's prayer change ideas in Capitalism?
2. What does the term Predestination mean?
3. How did Pascal feel about the ideas of personal callings?
4. Why did Calvin do away with private confessions?
5. How did Calvinists feel about education, and why?
6. What did August Francke's movement entail?
7. What does Beruf mean?
8. What was the major goal of most Traditionalists?
9. How did the ideas about the nature of man differ from Calvinism and Lutheranism?
10. How did Calvinism interpret the idea of personal callings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Luther's relationship with God, and what led to this? How did he maintain this in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What was your favorite quote from this book, and why was it so significant to you?
Essay Topic 3
What is Traditionalism, and what are some of the pros and cons of this kind of mindset?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)