|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was considered the highest station in life to Luther?
2. How did Luther suggest his followers eliminate doubt?
3. What did Methodism intend to do?
4. Where was Luther from?
5. What did Luther say worldly duties were subordinate to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Calvin do away with private confessions?
2. How did Lutheran's believe God worked through men?
3. Why did Traditionalist work hard during their lives?
4. What was the main goal of Pietism, and what did that lead to?
5. What was the major goal of most Traditionalists?
6. How did the ideas about the nature of man differ from Calvinism and Lutheranism?
7. What was Christian asceticism?
8. How did Calvinists feel about education, and why?
9. How did Luther feel about Monastic life, and why?
10. How does the Lord's prayer change ideas in Capitalism?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Luther's relationship with God, and what led to this? How did he maintain this in his life?
Essay Topic 2
What is Traditionalism, and what are some of the pros and cons of this kind of mindset?
Essay Topic 3
What is your personal definition of The Spirit of Capitalism after reading this book?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)