|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two factors in Eastern Germany?
(a) Catholics and Protestants.
(b) Capitalists and Socialists.
(c) Christians and Atheists.
(d) Germans and Poles.
2. Who said that 'Time is Money.'?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Winston Churchill.
(c) Theodore Roosevelt.
(d) Julius Caesar.
3. What do most Protestants want to learn their craft for?
(a) To bless their family.
(b) To market their skills.
(c) To keep the status quo.
(d) To advance in industry.
4. What part of the population most embraced the Catholic church?
(a) The poor.
(b) The wealthy.
(c) The nobles.
(d) The middle class.
5. What countries does the author say are the most religious?
(a) Southern countries.
(b) Developed countries.
(c) European countries.
(d) Bi-lingual countries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the highly developed sectors of the 16th century have in common?
2. What makes laborers work harder?
3. What religion are most business leaders in America?
4. How does the author say men should spend money?
5. Why do some laborers prefer to find loopholes in the system?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Spirit of Capitalism?
2. What was a major sign that capitalism was starting to mix with religion?
3. How was the reform seen by different classes of people?
4. What was interesting to the author about the French Huguenot church?
5. What do Protestants do during religious persecutions?
6. What did Montesquieu say about England?
7. How does the author say Protestants and Catholics differ in their educational approaches?
8. Where does the author claim most capitalist leaders obtained their personal wealth?
9. What did Frederick I of Prussia say about Mennonites?
10. Where did the author get his list of economic do's?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)