|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Frederick I of Prussia was indispensable?
2. What did the Reformation work to bring about?
(a) New rules to follow.
(b) A new climate.
(c) New availability of information.
(d) A new control.
3. What part of the population most embraced the Reformation?
(a) The poor.
(b) The nobles.
(c) The rising bourgeous.
(d) The middle class.
4. What religion was Benjamin Franklin's father?
5. Why does the author choose the definition of the spirit of capitalism used in this book?
(a) There are no religious ties.
(c) All of these.
(d) It is pure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are most capital owners in America?
2. What must there be a surplus of for Capitalism to succeed?
3. What did the highly developed sectors of the 16th century have in common?
4. Who established the Southern colonies?
5. What does the author strongly state is NOT a part of Capitalism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the young female German workers were asked to change their methods?
2. What was a major sign that capitalism was starting to mix with religion?
3. How was the reform seen by different classes of people?
4. Why does the author feel that not very many Catholics are seen as leaders in the business world?
5. What kind of liberation does the author say is the mark of a successful businessman?
6. What do Protestants do during religious persecutions?
7. What is Rationalism?
8. What did Montesquieu say about England?
9. What was different about female workers who had religious backgrounds from those who did not?
10. What did Frederick I of Prussia say about Mennonites?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)