|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe the Catholic church in the 15th century?
2. What did Frederick I of Prussia tolerate about the religion he said was indispensable?
(a) Their refusal to wear normal clothing.
(b) Their refusal to be in the military.
(c) Their refusal to work on Sunday.
(d) Their refusal to pay taxes.
3. Where did Reformers think the most control would be needed?
(a) Country areas.
(b) Peasant areas.
(c) Developed areas.
(d) Big city areas.
4. What do most Protestants want to learn their craft for?
(a) To keep the status quo.
(b) To advance in industry.
(c) To bless their family.
(d) To market their skills.
5. What structure in government is most affected by Capitalism?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Calvinists see work?
2. What does the author say a man does when he is idle?
3. How did the middle class feel about the Reformation?
4. What was unique about the French Hugenot church?
5. What does the author say all money lenders will consider?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author define leadership in capitalism?
2. What do Protestants do during religious persecutions?
3. What are the two main drivers of economics?
4. What do Capitalistic businessmen do with their fortunes?
5. What is Rationalism?
6. What happens when skilled workers are hired, and why?
7. What does the author say the Reformation wanted to do with control?
8. What old proverb does the author talk about in the first chapter, and what does it mean?
9. What was different about female workers who had religious backgrounds from those who did not?
10. How does the author say Protestants and Catholics differ in their educational approaches?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)