|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Luther get the idea for personal callings?
(a) A dream.
(b) A history book.
(c) His father.
(d) The Bible.
2. What religion focused on Predestination?
3. Who's will was discussed at length in the big Confession of 1647?
(a) Religion's will.
(b) Christ's will.
(c) God's will.
(d) Man's will.
4. Who does the author say was necessary for the success of the Reformation?
(b) All of these.
5. How did Calvin's ideas about predestination change over time?
(a) They stayed the same.
(b) They changed back and forth,
(c) They got stronger.
(d) They faded.
6. Who brought the idea of Beruf to Protestants?
7. What language is the word Beruf used in?
8. What did Luther think led his life?
(b) His mind.
(d) Hard work.
9. How do Christians think grace is earned?
(a) Through good deeds.
(b) Through personal worthiness.
(c) It is not earned.
(d) Through repentance.
10. Who did Calvin want his people to combat?
(a) The Devil.
(c) The non-believers.
(d) The Natural Man.
11. What did Pascal think was vanity?
(a) Church worship.
(c) Worldly activity.
(d) Images and mirrors.
12. Who did Luther think gave him his calling?
(d) The Pope.
13. How many men did Calvin say would be saved?
(a) A lot.
(b) Half of them.
(c) All of them.
14. How did Luther suggest his followers eliminate doubt?
(a) Focus on worldly deeds.
(b) Repent always.
(c) Attend church regularly.
(d) Stay kind to others.
15. Which of these is NOT a form of Protestantism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were most traditionalists waiting for in their lives?
2. Which King of England differed highly with the Puritan sects?
3. When did Methodism start?
4. Who did Calvin say decided the fate of men?
5. What kind of duties were fulfilled through the Beruf?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)