|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did some Calvinists refuse to do for their dead?
(a) Pray for their souls.
(b) Bless the departed bodies.
(c) Bury them.
(d) Have a burial ceremony.
2. What did Cromwell say hurt the peasants?
3. Who does God withhold his grace from according to the big Confession of 1647?
(a) The good men.
(b) The evil men.
(c) The poor men.
(d) All of these.
4. Who did Calvinists believe was the best confidant for sins?
(a) A spouse.
(c) A priest.
5. How many men did Calvin say would be saved?
(b) A lot.
(c) Half of them.
(d) All of them.
6. What did Luther say worldly duties were subordinate to?
(b) Physical needs.
(c) Spiritual duties.
(d) Charitable deeds.
7. Who did Luther think gave him his calling?
(d) The Pope.
8. Who does the author say was necessary for the success of the Reformation?
(a) All of these.
9. Who did Calvin say decided the fate of men?
(b) All of these.
10. Who wrote Pilgrim's Progress?
(a) Wilton Brown.
(b) John Bunyan.
(c) Martin Luther.
(d) John Calvin.
11. Why did Calvinists not condone sensual feelings?
(a) It put focus on physicality.
(b) It brought a false sense of salvation.
(c) It took men away from God.
(d) It led to sinning.
12. How did Luther suggest his followers eliminate doubt?
(a) Repent always.
(b) Attend church regularly.
(c) Focus on worldly deeds.
(d) Stay kind to others.
13. How did Luther's ideas about predestination change over time?
(a) They faded.
(b) They changed back and forth,
(c) They got stronger.
(d) They stayed the same.
14. What does Cor. ii say men should not pursue?
(a) High education.
(b) Full understanding.
(c) Means beyond the essential.
(d) Status and power.
15. How did Calvin's ideas about predestination change over time?
(a) They got stronger.
(b) They faded.
(c) They stayed the same.
(d) They changed back and forth,
Short Answer Questions
1. What sense of sin did Calvin never want to leave humans?
2. What does Cor. ii say would cause detriment to others at our blame?
3. What happened to the ideals of Calvinism and Baptism in the end of the 17th century?
4. Where did Protestant religious dogma leave its marks?
5. What kind of sects came from Calvinism?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)