|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Luther get the idea for personal callings?
(a) His father.
(b) A dream.
(c) A history book.
(d) The Bible.
2. Who did Calvinists believe was the best confidant for sins?
(b) A spouse.
(d) A priest.
3. Why did Calvin say the world existed?
(a) To bring men to God.
(b) To perfect men.
(c) To glorify God.
(d) To punish the sinners.
4. What did Luther say worldly duties were subordinate to?
(a) Spiritual duties.
(c) Charitable deeds.
(d) Physical needs.
5. Which King of England differed highly with the Puritan sects?
(a) King Charles III.
(b) King Henry II.
(c) King William IV.
(d) King James I.
6. How many men did Calvin say would be saved?
(a) A lot.
(b) Half of them.
(d) All of them.
7. Why did Traditionalists work so hard?
(a) So they would set good examples.
(b) So God would be proud.
(c) So they could be comfortable.
(d) So they wouldn't be a burden.
8. What did some Calvinists refuse to do for their dead?
(a) Pray for their souls.
(b) Have a burial ceremony.
(c) Bury them.
(d) Bless the departed bodies.
9. How did Luther say God ranked things of importance?
10. What part of a man is most changed when he becomes religious?
(a) His emotional part.
(b) His physical part.
(c) His mental part.
(d) His psychological part.
11. What did Cromwell say hurt the peasants?
12. What first appeared in Jesus Sirarch?
(a) A personal calling.
(b) A change in translation.
(c) A moment of weakness.
(d) A turn of deity.
13. What was the title of the big Confession of 1647?
14. Where was Luther from?
15. What were most traditionalists waiting for in their lives?
(a) The next world.
(b) A new King.
(c) The Reformation.
(d) The second coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Luther's ideas about predestination change over time?
2. How many sources led to the idea of Predestination?
3. Why did Calvinists not condone sensual feelings?
4. How did Pascal describe worldly duties?
5. Where did Protestant religious dogma leave its marks?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)