|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Christians think grace is earned?
(a) Through personal worthiness.
(b) Through good deeds.
(c) Through repentance.
(d) It is not earned.
2. What did Luther say worldly duties were subordinate to?
(b) Physical needs.
(c) Charitable deeds.
(d) Spiritual duties.
3. Why did Calvinists not condone sensual feelings?
(a) It took men away from God.
(b) It put focus on physicality.
(c) It brought a false sense of salvation.
(d) It led to sinning.
4. Where did Protestant religious dogma leave its marks?
5. Who did Calvin say decided the fate of men?
(c) All of these.
6. How did Luther view monastic life?
7. How much of Americans hold most of the wealth of the nation?
8. What does Cor. ii say men should not pursue?
(a) Full understanding.
(b) Means beyond the essential.
(c) Status and power.
(d) High education.
9. What does Cor. ii say would cause detriment to others at our blame?
(a) Altered traditions.
(b) Political changes.
(d) Means beyond the essential.
10. Who does God withhold his grace from according to the big Confession of 1647?
(a) The evil men.
(b) All of these.
(c) The good men.
(d) The poor men.
11. What sense of sin did Calvin never want to leave humans?
(a) The literal sense.
(b) The physical sense.
(c) The mental sense.
(d) The emotional sense.
12. What did Cromwell say happened when the peasants were hurt?
(a) Their loyalty was shaken.
(b) The entire commonwealth suffered.
(c) They turned away from religion.
(d) The king lost power.
13. How many men did Calvin say would be saved?
(a) Half of them.
(b) A lot.
(c) All of them.
14. Who did Calvin want his people to combat?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The Natural Man.
(c) The non-believers.
15. What part of a man is most changed when he becomes religious?
(a) His mental part.
(b) His emotional part.
(c) His physical part.
(d) His psychological part.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion caused the most conflicts in the 16th and 17th centuries?
2. What did Pascal think was vanity?
3. When did Methodism start?
4. How did Luther suggest his followers eliminate doubt?
5. Who had great influence on Luther?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)