|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Asceticism and the Spirit of Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church did Methodism break away from?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Lutheran Church.
2. How did Luther suggest his followers eliminate doubt?
(a) Stay kind to others.
(b) Focus on worldly deeds.
(c) Attend church regularly.
(d) Repent always.
3. What kind of justification did Luther say men had to do their worldly duties?
(a) None of these.
4. What does the author say will most alter a population for the best?
5. Why does the author choose to define the spirit of capitalism?
(a) For the sake of discussion.
(b) For the ease of writing.
(c) For the sake of illustration.
(d) For the thinning out of information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Baxter born?
2. What did Pietism split from?
3. Who did Luther think caused different stations in life?
4. Why does Pieter de la Court say people work?
5. How many sources led to the idea of Predestination?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)