|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: the Religious Foundations of Worldly Asceticism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes harvesting the most productive?
(a) Singular plans.
(b) Doing it at the right time.
(c) Having lots of help.
(d) Hard work.
2. Why did the author hesitate to define the spirit of capitalism?
(a) It thins out the discussion.
(b) It changes a lot.
(c) There are lots of different definitions that fit.
(d) There is not really a definition.
3. Who did Calvin say decided the fate of men?
(d) All of these.
4. Which religion has lots of leaders who advance during times of persecution?
5. Where did the author search to find the right definition of the spirit of capitalism for this book?
(b) Financial books.
(c) The dictionary.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Reformers think the most control would be needed?
2. What did Luther think led his life?
3. How is the percentage of Catholic graduates in Bavaria in relation to Protestants?
4. What does Beruf mean?
5. What are the two factors in Eastern Germany?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)