|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: the Religious Foundations of Worldly Asceticism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the ideals of Calvinism and Baptism in the end of the 17th century?
(a) None of these.
(b) They stayed the same.
(c) They grew closer.
(d) They grew apart.
2. How much of Americans hold most of the wealth of the nation?
3. What did the Reformation work to bring about?
(a) A new control.
(b) New rules to follow.
(c) A new climate.
(d) New availability of information.
4. What did Pietism split from?
5. Why does Pieter de la Court say people work?
(a) They are bored.
(b) They are stupid.
(c) They are desperate.
(d) They are poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What countries does the author say are the most religious?
2. What did Pascal think was vanity?
3. What happens to men who refuse to play in the Capitalistic field?
4. Who established the Southern colonies?
5. When does the author say his list of do's can be used?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)