|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Spirit of Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author hesitate to define the spirit of capitalism?
(a) It changes a lot.
(b) There is not really a definition.
(c) There are lots of different definitions that fit.
(d) It thins out the discussion.
2. How does the author say men should spend money?
(d) Within their means.
3. What does the Catholic church lower the importance of?
(a) Cooperation with other religions.
(b) Worldly wealth.
(c) Family relationships.
(d) Scriptural teachings.
4. What best instills a sense of responsibility in work?
5. Why does the author say a man should pay his debts on time?
(a) So he can be free.
(b) So he can borrow when he needs it.
(c) So he can remain honest.
(d) So he can lend money to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about most skilled laborers?
2. Where did the author search to find the right definition of the spirit of capitalism for this book?
3. What word is used to describe the Catholic church in the 15th century?
4. What religion are most capital owners in America?
5. What caused the Catholic church to be called a certain word int he 15th century?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)