|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: The Spirit of Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author hesitate to define the spirit of capitalism?
(a) There are lots of different definitions that fit.
(b) It thins out the discussion.
(c) There is not really a definition.
(d) It changes a lot.
2. What must there be a surplus of for Capitalism to succeed?
3. Who was the Catholic church too indulgent to?
(a) The common man.
(b) The sinner.
(c) The saint.
(d) The heretic.
4. What part of the population most embraced the Reformation?
(a) The nobles.
(b) The middle class.
(c) The poor.
(d) The rising bourgeous.
5. What do most Protestants want to learn their craft for?
(a) To advance in industry.
(b) To market their skills.
(c) To bless their family.
(d) To keep the status quo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion are most business leaders in America?
2. What did Montesquieu say England was successful in?
3. What part of the population most embraced the Catholic church?
4. What was unique about the French Hugenot church?
5. What does the author say a man needs to make money?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)