|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Asceticism and the Spirit of Capitalism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were possessions a burden to Puritans?
(a) They had to validate the need for their possessions.
(b) They could not take their posssessions to the next life.
(c) They had responsibility for their possessions.
(d) They owed tithes on their possessions.
2. What must there be a surplus of for Capitalism to succeed?
3. What kind of things did the Puritans reject?
(a) Anything that was not profitable.
(b) Anything that was idle.
(c) Anything that did not glory in God.
(d) Anything that came from England.
4. Why did Puritans not study fine art?
(a) They had no time.
(b) It was not productive.
(c) It was considered mystical.
(d) It led to bad life styles.
5. Why did Calvin say the world existed?
(a) To glorify God.
(b) To punish the sinners.
(c) To perfect men.
(d) To bring men to God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author choose to define the spirit of capitalism?
2. Who stated the original prayer of, "Give us this day our daily bread."?
3. How was Calvinism different than the Catholic church?
4. What does Cor. ii say would cause detriment to others at our blame?
5. What kind of justification did Luther say men had to do their worldly duties?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)