|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4: the Religious Foundations of Worldly Asceticism.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Luther's ideas about predestination change over time?
(a) They stayed the same.
(b) They faded.
(c) They got stronger.
(d) They changed back and forth,
2. How do Christians think grace is earned?
(a) It is not earned.
(b) Through good deeds.
(c) Through personal worthiness.
(d) Through repentance.
3. Why does the author say a man should pay his debts on time?
(a) So he can remain honest.
(b) So he can be free.
(c) So he can lend money to others.
(d) So he can borrow when he needs it.
4. How many sources led to the idea of Predestination?
5. Which of these is NOT a form of Protestantism?
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion focused on Predestination?
2. Who stated the original prayer of, "Give us this day our daily bread."?
3. What did Pascal think was vanity?
4. What religion did Pietism become part of?
5. Where did Luther get the idea for personal callings?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)