|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(d) Greek gods.
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(a) Lovers of evil.
3. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The situation.
(b) The people.
(c) The weather.
(d) The king.
4. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were shown respect.
(b) They were shunned.
(c) They were honored.
(d) They were glorified.
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In absolutes.
(b) In totality.
(c) In variables.
(d) In vague notions.
6. How many children did Hosea have?
7. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To illustrate God's passions.
(b) To show Micah's intense nature.
(c) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(d) To show what the people were like.
8. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Health and sickness.
(b) Wrath and justice.
(c) Good and bad.
(d) Anger and love.
9. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) Because he follows Isaiah.
(c) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
10. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a flood.
(b) With loss in battle.
(c) With a disease.
(d) With fire.
11. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
12. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their countrymen.
(b) To their time and place.
(c) To their families.
(d) To their religion.
13. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Ill health.
(c) Lack of wealth.
14. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when they can return to normal life.
(b) The time when God will end all evil.
(c) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(d) The time when people become religious.
15. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Orthodox.
(b) Christians and Muslims.
(c) Jews and Muslims.
(d) Jews and Christians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
2. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
3. What was another name for Hosea?
4. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
5. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)