|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(c) Carpet maker.
2. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The temple in Jerusalem.
(b) His people.
(c) The land.
(d) The covenant.
3. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(b) Greek gods.
5. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The people.
(b) The weather.
(c) The situation.
(d) The king.
6. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
7. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
8. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(b) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(c) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(d) The idolatry of the people.
9. What was Micah's message?
(a) Sweetness and light.
(b) Doom and destruction.
(c) Hope and forgiveness.
(d) Love and generosity.
10. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
11. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
12. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(a) Intolerant of injustice.
13. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Ancient prophets era.
(c) Prophetic era.
(d) Babylonian exile era.
14. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The tone.
(c) The mood.
(d) The attitude.
15. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(a) Golden calves.
(b) The work of their own hands.
(d) Multiple gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
3. How does Heschel describe freedom?
4. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
5. What was another name for Hosea?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)