|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(b) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
(c) A change in history.
(d) A change in man's heart and actions.
2. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Because they want to.
(b) Out of obedience.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of love.
3. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) A few chapters.
(b) Longer than Jeremiah.
(c) 10 chapters.
(d) Longest book of "The Prophets".
4. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To prove his point.
(d) To provide background.
5. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(c) Sin in general.
6. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
7. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
8. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(b) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(c) The idolatry of the people.
(d) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
9. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Wrath and justice.
(b) Health and sickness.
(c) Anger and love.
(d) Good and bad.
10. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The weather.
(b) The king.
(c) The situation.
(d) The people.
11. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(b) Multiple gods.
(c) The work of their own hands.
(d) Golden calves.
12. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were honored.
(b) They were shunned.
(c) They were glorified.
(d) They were shown respect.
13. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(b) The time when people become religious.
(c) The time when God will end all evil.
(d) The time when they can return to normal life.
14. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(d) Intolerant of injustice.
15. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
3. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
4. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)