|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
2. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Orthodox.
(b) Jews and Muslims.
(c) Christians and Muslims.
(d) Jews and Christians.
3. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were honored.
(b) They were shown respect.
(c) They were shunned.
(d) They were glorified.
4. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) Longer than Jeremiah.
(b) A few chapters.
(c) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(d) 10 chapters.
5. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It can't be seen.
(b) It is destroying the people.
(c) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(d) It is destroying the covenant.
6. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) His opinions.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) Other parts of the Bible.
7. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
8. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Ancient prophets era.
(c) Babylonian exile era.
(d) Prophetic era.
9. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(a) Have remorse.
(b) Be penitent.
10. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their countrymen.
(b) To their time and place.
(c) To their religion.
(d) To their families.
11. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
12. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(d) Sin in general.
13. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To build a people.
(b) To chastise people.
(c) To destroy people.
(d) To purify people.
14. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) The prophet Amos.
(c) The king.
(d) His son.
15. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Amos began with a message of what?
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
4. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
5. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)