|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of future wealth.
(b) Promise of love.
(c) Promise of redemption.
(d) Promise of destruction.
2. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It is destroying the people.
(b) It is destroying the covenant.
(c) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(d) It can't be seen.
3. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In vague notions.
(b) In totality.
(c) In variables.
(d) In absolutes.
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
5. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when God will end all evil.
(b) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(c) The time when they can return to normal life.
(d) The time when people become religious.
6. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
7. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) None of the answers is correct..
(b) Because he follows Isaiah.
(c) Because he is never named.
(d) Because he is Isaiah's son.
8. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
9. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a flood.
(b) With fire.
(c) With a disease.
(d) With loss in battle.
10. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
11. What was Micah's message?
(a) Love and generosity.
(b) Hope and forgiveness.
(c) Doom and destruction.
(d) Sweetness and light.
12. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A king.
(b) A brother of Isaiah.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A prophet.
13. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(b) Multiple gods.
(c) The work of their own hands.
(d) Golden calves.
14. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
15. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(d) Inward looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
2. How many children did Hosea have?
3. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
4. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
5. Amos began with a message of what?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)