|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
2. In addition to using information from Israel's culture, Heschel uses information from what in order to understand the prophets?
(a) Islamic culture.
(b) Egyptian culture.
(c) Greek culture.
(d) Cult of the Balaam.
3. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(b) Be penitent.
(d) Have remorse.
4. Who was Marcion?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A Gnostic.
(d) A Greek.
5. What does understanding God depend on?
(a) A person's relationship with God.
(c) A person's obedience to God's will.
Short Answer Questions
1. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
2. How is God's love to man shown?
3. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
4. Whose theory said that the prophets were not talking to God but were making judgments about God's desires from the information they had about God?
5. What is the ultimate purpose of ecstasy?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)