|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of scholar was Heschel?
(a) A biblical scholar.
(b) A Greek scholar.
(c) A philosopher.
(d) A Jewish scholar.
2. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
(a) Like people's wrath.
(c) Righteous and just.
3. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A king.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A shepherd.
(d) A brother of Isaiah.
4. Heschel contends that the prophets were in what state of mind when they received God's call?
(a) State of madness.
(b) State of consciousness and awareness.
(c) State of passivity.
(d) State of ecstasy.
5. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
(a) God let the people leave Nineveh before he destroyed it.
(b) God destroyed Nineveh.
(c) God told the prophet to stay in Nineveh.
(d) God relented and saved Nineveh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mesha?
2. Many of the figures in the Old Testament that the prophets spoke out against were close to whom?
3. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
4. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
5. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)