|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
2. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
3. Another theory regarding the inspiration of the prophets regarded the prophetic act as what?
(a) An act of unconsciousness.
(b) An act of madness.
(c) An act of poetic creation.
(d) An act of rebellion.
4. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
5. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(b) Not all powerful.
(d) Not all knowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel points out that having a friendship with God doesn't mean what?
2. Heschel states that around the world people can find some type of figure that equals what for that religion?
3. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
4. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
5. What cultural/religious doctrines did Philo try to mix in his studies?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)