|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(c) The covenant.
2. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
(a) He becomes apathetic.
(b) He becomes compassionate.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He becomes overwhelmed.
3. Heschel says there is no self-understanding without what?
(a) Biblical knowledge.
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(b) Sin in general.
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
2. From the total perspective, what does Heschel say are demands rather than fulfillments?
3. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
4. According to Heschel, the prophetic experience is the experiencing of what?
5. Heschel states that around the world people can find some type of figure that equals what for that religion?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)