|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) His opinions.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) Other parts of the Bible.
2. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(b) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
(c) A change in man's heart and actions.
(d) A change in history.
3. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The way the message is presented.
(b) The situation.
(c) The man and his life.
(d) The words themselves.
4. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who did not understand their God.
(b) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(c) People who were not worshipping their God.
(d) People who were turning away from God.
5. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
(d) Proper behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
2. Heschel looks at the theory of ecstasy but limits it to what?
3. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
4. What does Heschel call indifference?
5. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)