|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel states that prophetic religion is not what a man does with his concern but what a person does with what?
(a) Man's knowledge.
(b) God's concern.
(c) God's wisdom.
2. What does Heschel call indifference?
3. Many of the figures in the Old Testament that the prophets spoke out against were close to whom?
(a) The leader.
(b) The priest.
(c) The king.
(d) The religious leader.
4. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God's people and their kings.
(b) God's people and Hosea.
(c) God and Hosea.
(d) God and his people.
5. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(d) Greek gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
3. Heschel purports that prophets were certain about being inspired by God and were willing to prove it by what means?
4. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
5. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)