|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say prophetic consciousness does not come from?
(a) A dream.
(b) The desire to be a prophet.
(c) The human spirit.
(d) The human will.
2. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(b) Inward looking.
3. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The covenant.
(b) The land.
(c) His people.
(d) The temple in Jerusalem.
4. The nature of man's response to divine reality corresponds to what?
(a) His knowledge of God.
(b) His apprehension of the divine.
(c) His prayer life.
(d) His religious serendipity.
5. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
4. What has the natural movement of the soul been compared to?
5. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)