|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a gift from God to man.
(b) As a right of man.
(c) As a gift from man to God.
(d) As a benefit for humans.
2. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
(a) The concern of God.
(b) The concern of the king.
(c) The concern of the prophet's people.
(d) The concern of Israel.
3. Who was Mesha?
(a) King of the Moabites.
(b) A prophet.
(c) A herdsman.
(d) King of the Israelites.
4. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
5. One theory was that prophets were speculators and desired to impress people with what?
(a) With their power and authority.
(b) With their knowledge.
(c) With their wisdom.
(d) With their abilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao mean?
2. When talking about the inspiration for poetry, who says "One does not ask who gives."
3. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
4. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
5. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)