|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
(a) Because it isn't mentioned in the Bible.
(b) Because of its origins.
(c) Because it involved emotions.
(d) Because it didn't involve emotions.
2. What is anthropopathy?
(a) The attribution of human qualities to gods.
(b) The attribution of God-like qualities to humans.
(d) The attribution of human qualities to animals.
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of destruction.
(b) Promise of redemption.
(c) Promise of future wealth.
(d) Promise of love.
5. What kind of scholar was Heschel?
(a) A Jewish scholar.
(b) A Greek scholar.
(c) A biblical scholar.
(d) A philosopher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. Heschel describes the prophets as men who did God's will in what manner?
3. Who does Heschel believe can fully understand God?
4. What was another name for Hosea?
5. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)