|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel believe drives a person's desire for ecstasy?
(a) Desire to be connected to gods.
(b) Desire to pray more deeply.
(c) Desire to be different.
(d) Desire to leave the every day world.
2. What was another name for Hosea?
3. What does Tao mean?
(b) The only religion.
(c) The way.
(d) The person.
4. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
(a) Power to make heaven and earth.
(b) Power to change history.
(c) Power to intervene in people's lives.
(d) Absolute supreme power.
5. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
Short Answer Questions
1. In early Israel, the gift of poetry was regarded as what?
2. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
3. Heschel states that prophetic religion is not what a man does with his concern but what a person does with what?
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
5. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)