|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(b) Sin in general.
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his preaching.
(b) In the way he lived.
(c) In his love for the people.
(d) In his love for God.
3. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) Easy to explain.
(b) A mystery.
(c) A commandment.
(d) A divine concept.
4. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a gift from man to God.
(b) As a right of man.
(c) As a benefit for humans.
(d) As a gift from God to man.
5. One theory for prophets and their inspiration is that they had madness in them that led to what?
(a) A psychic ability.
(b) The belief that God talked to them.
(c) The desire to be great.
(d) The belief that they had a job to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao mean?
2. What has the natural movement of the soul been compared to?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
5. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)