|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when they can return to normal life.
(b) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(c) The time when people become religious.
(d) The time when God will end all evil.
2. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
(b) Righteous and just.
(d) Like people's wrath.
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of anger and wrath.
(b) One of peace.
(c) One of war.
(d) One of injustice.
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) People calling them crazy.
(b) Things that offended God.
(c) Expensive habits.
(d) Religious fanatics.
5. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
(d) Kings and leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
2. According to Heschel a divine-human understanding is contingent on what?
3. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
4. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
5. The prophet's attitude toward divine reality is described as what?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)