|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
2. Prophecy arises from what, according to Heschel?
(a) An intellectual exercise.
(b) An experience of inspiration.
(c) Reading the Bible.
(d) A dream.
3. What cultural/religious doctrines did Philo try to mix in his studies?
(a) Greek and Islamic.
(b) Jewish and Egyptian.
(c) Egyptian and Islamic.
(d) Greek and Jewish.
4. One theory was that prophets were speculators and desired to impress people with what?
(a) With their knowledge.
(b) With their power and authority.
(c) With their abilities.
(d) With their wisdom.
5. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(a) Mental abnormalities.
(d) Religious fervor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject area did Philo develop?
2. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
3. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
4. What does Tao mean?
5. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)