|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Mesha?
(a) A herdsman.
(b) A prophet.
(c) King of the Moabites.
(d) King of the Israelites.
2. The categorical imperative of the biblical man is what?
(a) Honor thyself.
(b) Know thyself.
(c) Know thy God.
(d) Honor thy God.
3. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
(c) Mysterious and terrible.
4. Heschel describes the prophets as men who did God's will in what manner?
(b) When they were required to do so.
(c) As they saw necessary.
(d) Whenever it was demanded.
5. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(b) Carpet maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the only place in the Bible where prophecy came in a dream?
2. Heschel purports that prophets were certain about being inspired by God and were willing to prove it by what means?
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. Heschel states that prophetic religion is not what a man does with his concern but what a person does with what?
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)