|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
2. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(d) Carpet maker.
3. What was Micah's message?
(a) Doom and destruction.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Hope and forgiveness.
(d) Love and generosity.
4. According to Heschel a divine-human understanding is contingent on what?
(a) Man's ability to pray.
(b) Man's reaching out to God.
(c) An awareness of a divine anticipation and expectation.
(d) An awareness of man's nothingness.
5. According to Heschel, prophetic activity is determined by what?
(b) The prophet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
2. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
3. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
4. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
5. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)