|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Egypt and Greek.
(b) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
(c) Islam and Mesopotamia.
(d) Shiite and Greek.
2. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
3. One view that Heschel discusses is that an outstanding feature of a poet's consciousness is the sense of being what at the moment of inspiration?
(a) In control.
(d) Taken over by another.
4. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
(a) His knowledge.
(b) His vengeance.
(c) His wisdom.
(d) His love.
5. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
(a) He becomes apathetic.
(b) He becomes overwhelmed.
(c) He becomes compassionate.
(d) He becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
3. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
4. Heschel purports that prophets were certain about being inspired by God and were willing to prove it by what means?
5. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)