|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their families.
(b) To their countrymen.
(c) To their religion.
(d) To their time and place.
4. What attitude does Heschel take to other points of view that he uses in his book?
5. Heschel describes the prophets as men who did God's will in what manner?
(a) When they were required to do so.
(b) As they saw necessary.
(c) Whenever it was demanded.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
2. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
3. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
4. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)