|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
2. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Anger and love.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Wrath and justice.
(d) Health and sickness.
3. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(a) Sin in general.
5. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
2. What is theotropism?
3. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)