|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
2. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
(b) Religious fervor.
(d) Mental abnormalities.
3. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
(b) Prophetic ethos.
(c) Prophetic sympathy.
4. What is the origin of pathos?
5. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were not worshipping their God.
(b) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(c) People who were turning away from God.
(d) People who did not understand their God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
2. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
3. How is God's love to man shown?
4. Who said that what a poet writes is beautiful, if it is written with enthusiasm and divine inspiration?
5. From the total perspective, what does Heschel say are demands rather than fulfillments?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)