|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Heschel compare the descriptions of prophecy?
(a) Religious fervor.
(b) Grace and holiness.
(c) Religious literature.
2. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
(d) Mysterious and terrible.
3. In looking at primitive man, Heschel states that primitive men have possessions but not what?
4. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) An experience of him.
(b) An understanding.
(c) A relationship.
(d) An obedience.
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) The king.
(d) The prophet Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
2. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
3. Heschel explains that some think the prophets may have been victims of what?
4. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
5. In contrast to the Stoic sage, Heschel characterizes the prophet as what?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)