|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(b) Ill health.
(d) Lack of wealth.
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(d) Sin in general.
3. From the total perspective, what does Heschel say are demands rather than fulfillments?
(a) Pathos and sympathy.
(b) Love and forgiveness.
(c) Prayer and solitude.
(d) Action and speech.
4. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(b) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(c) The enemies.
(d) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
5. The prophet's attitude toward divine reality is described as what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
2. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
3. A central feature of the prophetic consciousness is what?
4. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)