|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their religion.
(b) To their families.
(c) To their time and place.
(d) To their countrymen.
3. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
4. Many of the figures in the Old Testament that the prophets spoke out against were close to whom?
(a) The king.
(b) The priest.
(c) The religious leader.
(d) The leader.
5. Heschel uses prophets from what regions or religions that used ecstasy to verify his viewpoint?
(a) Shiite and Greek.
(b) Islam and Mesopotamia.
(c) Egypt and Mesopotamia.
(d) Egypt and Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
2. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
3. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
4. In what religion do you do away with all feeling and obtain a type of peace?
5. What is theotropism?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)