|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cultural/religious doctrines did Philo try to mix in his studies?
(a) Greek and Islamic.
(b) Greek and Jewish.
(c) Egyptian and Islamic.
(d) Jewish and Egyptian.
2. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
(a) The need to go off and pray.
(b) The need to be respected.
(c) The need for action.
(d) The need to speak with God.
3. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) A divine concept.
(b) A commandment.
(c) A mystery.
(d) Easy to explain.
4. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
5. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Heschel compare the words of the prophet?
2. Where was the only place in the Bible where prophecy came in a dream?
3. If ecstasy were a requirement for a prophet, which prophets of the Old Testament would not have been classified as prophets?
4. Heschel describes the prophets as men who did God's will in what manner?
5. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)