|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) The historical context of the message.
(b) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(c) The specific outcome of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
2. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To purify people.
(b) To destroy people.
(c) To build a people.
(d) To chastise people.
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
5. When talking about the inspiration for poetry, who says "One does not ask who gives."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
2. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
3. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
4. According to Heschel, the prophetic act takes place when the prophet is aware of what?
5. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)