|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Old Testament before the exile, the prophets themselves often had close ties to whom?
(a) The head of the army.
(b) The king.
(c) The priest.
(d) Most religious leaders.
2. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a gift from God to man.
(b) As a benefit for humans.
(c) As a gift from man to God.
(d) As a right of man.
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(b) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(c) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(d) The idolatry of the people.
4. The categorical imperative of the biblical man is what?
(a) Honor thyself.
(b) Honor thy God.
(c) Know thyself.
(d) Know thy God.
5. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
(a) Divine pathos.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
3. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
4. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)