|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Heschel believe can fully understand God?
(a) The prophets.
(b) No one.
(c) Biblical scholars.
2. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) An experience of him.
(b) A relationship.
(c) An obedience.
(d) An understanding.
3. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) Why do you call me?
(b) How long and why?
(c) What do you want me to do?
(d) Where are you?
4. What was another name for Hosea?
5. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
(a) When God hardens a person's heart.
(b) When a person dies.
(c) When God takes it away.
(d) When a person misuses it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel a divine-human understanding is contingent on what?
2. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
3. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
4. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
5. How many children did Hosea have?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)