|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel a divine-human understanding is contingent on what?
(a) An awareness of man's nothingness.
(b) Man's reaching out to God.
(c) Man's ability to pray.
(d) An awareness of a divine anticipation and expectation.
2. Amos began with a message of what?
3. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Religious fanatics.
(b) People calling them crazy.
(c) Expensive habits.
(d) Things that offended God.
4. Heschel describes the prophets as men who did God's will in what manner?
(a) As they saw necessary.
(b) When they were required to do so.
(d) Whenever it was demanded.
5. Heschel states that around the world people can find some type of figure that equals what for that religion?
(a) A priest.
(b) A diviner.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say about a reliable diagnosis of the prophets' mental health?
2. The categorical imperative of the biblical man is what?
3. Many of the figures in the Old Testament that the prophets spoke out against were close to whom?
4. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
5. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)