|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(b) Multiple gods.
(c) The work of their own hands.
(d) Golden calves.
2. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
(a) Like people's wrath.
(c) Righteous and just.
3. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(a) Prophetic religion.
4. What does Heschel say prophetic consciousness does not come from?
(a) A dream.
(b) The human spirit.
(c) The desire to be a prophet.
(d) The human will.
5. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Another theory regarding the inspiration of the prophets regarded the prophetic act as what?
2. The prophets were outraged because of what?
3. What is theotropism?
4. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
5. Heschel links divine inspiration to what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)