|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel points out that having a friendship with God doesn't mean what?
(a) That we can understand everything about God.
(b) That we can stop seeking God.
(c) That we can get what we ask for.
(d) That we are equal with God.
2. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
3. According to Heschel, prophetic activity is determined by what?
(d) The prophet.
4. Who was Mesha?
(a) A herdsman.
(b) A prophet.
(c) King of the Israelites.
(d) King of the Moabites.
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God's people and Hosea.
(b) God and Hosea.
(c) God and his people.
(d) God's people and their kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
4. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
5. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)