|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapter 14-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
(a) 134 C.E.
(b) 144 C.E.
(c) 100 C.E.
(d) 150 C.E.
2. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
(a) When God hardens a person's heart.
(b) When a person dies.
(c) When a person misuses it.
(d) When God takes it away.
3. From what civilization do we get the legacy that great poetry comes into being through madness?
4. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
(d) Prophetic religion.
5. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) A divine concept.
(b) A mystery.
(c) Easy to explain.
(d) A commandment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
3. In the Old Testament before the exile, the prophets themselves often had close ties to whom?
4. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)