|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
(a) Prophetic ethos.
(d) Prophetic sympathy.
2. What does Heschel say is an end to indifference?
(b) Right thinking.
3. What is Karma?
(a) A way of life.
(b) A religion that believes in prophetic thinking.
(c) A special relationship to God.
(d) An opposite to prophetic thinking.
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(b) Carpet maker.
5. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) How long and why?
(b) Where are you?
(c) Why do you call me?
(d) What do you want me to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
2. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
3. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)