|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The promise.
(c) The covenant.
3. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
4. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
(a) Power to intervene in people's lives.
(b) Power to make heaven and earth.
(c) Power to change history.
(d) Absolute supreme power.
5. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To build a people.
(b) To destroy people.
(c) To chastise people.
(d) To purify people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. How does Heschel describe freedom?
4. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)