|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
2. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The words themselves.
(b) The way the message is presented.
(c) The man and his life.
(d) The situation.
3. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
4. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The situation.
(b) The king.
(c) The weather.
(d) The people.
5. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) None of the answers is correct..
(c) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(d) Because he follows Isaiah.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
2. Heschel describes God as what?
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
5. The fundamental feature of divine reality, present in the prophet's consciousness, is described as what?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)