|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
(a) When God hardens a person's heart.
(b) When a person dies.
(c) When God takes it away.
(d) When a person misuses it.
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were honored.
(b) They were glorified.
(c) They were shunned.
(d) They were shown respect.
5. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The covenant.
(b) The temple in Jerusalem.
(c) The land.
(d) His people.
Short Answer Questions
1. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
2. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
3. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
4. The nature of man's response to divine reality corresponds to what?
5. How does Heschel describe freedom?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)