|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) Where are you?
(b) What do you want me to do?
(c) How long and why?
(d) Why do you call me?
2. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
3. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
4. Heschel describes God as what?
(a) The ultimate source of the universe.
(c) The ultimate judge.
(d) Someone who cannot be described.
5. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
(a) The concern of the king.
(b) The concern of Israel.
(c) The concern of the prophet's people.
(d) The concern of God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed with Second Isaiah?
2. Heschel states that it is important to distinguish between the objective and subjective aspects of what?
3. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
4. What prophet did God send to Nineveh?
5. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)