|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To provide background.
(d) To prove his point.
2. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) 10 chapters.
(b) A few chapters.
(c) Longer than Jeremiah.
(d) Longest book of "The Prophets".
3. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Babylonian exile era.
(c) Ancient prophets era.
(d) Prophetic era.
5. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
(a) The concern of the prophet's people.
(b) The concern of God.
(c) The concern of the king.
(d) The concern of Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
2. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
3. What is Karma?
4. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
5. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)