|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he follows Isaiah.
(b) Because he is never named.
(c) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
2. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The tone.
(c) The mood.
(d) The attitude.
3. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
(a) That we try to depict Him at all.
(b) He does not see depicting God as a problem.
(c) That we don't know how to depict Him.
(d) That we can't depict Him.
4. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) People's lack of understanding.
(c) The king's edicts.
5. The nature of man's response to divine reality corresponds to what?
(a) His knowledge of God.
(b) His apprehension of the divine.
(c) His prayer life.
(d) His religious serendipity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
2. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
3. What is Karma?
4. Who was Hezekiah?
5. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)