|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Hebrew Bible.
(b) The Protestant Bible.
(c) The Jerusalem Bible.
(d) The Catholic Bible.
2. Who was Mesha?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A herdsman.
(c) King of the Israelites.
(d) King of the Moabites.
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) An obedience.
(b) An experience of him.
(c) An understanding.
(d) A relationship.
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) People's lack of understanding.
(d) The king's edicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
3. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
4. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
5. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)