|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To provide background.
(d) To prove his point.
2. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(d) Accumulation of wealth.
3. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
4. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(c) Not all powerful.
(d) Not all knowing.
5. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(c) Lack of wealth.
(d) Ill health.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
2. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
3. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
4. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)