|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. What does Heschel define as the belief in the temporary separation of the soul from the body when a person is asleep, sick, or in a trance state?
3. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(c) Accumulation of wealth.
4. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(c) Inward looking.
5. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
2. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
3. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
4. What are two unique features of a prophet?
5. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)