|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
(a) 100 C.E.
(b) 144 C.E.
(c) 134 C.E.
(d) 150 C.E.
2. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To show continuity.
(b) To prove his point.
(c) To provide background.
(d) To prove he knows about the Bible.
4. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Anger and love.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Wrath and justice.
(d) Health and sickness.
5. To be a prophet means to identify one's concern with what?
(a) The concern of Israel.
(b) The concern of God.
(c) The concern of the prophet's people.
(d) The concern of the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
2. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)