|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(c) Greek gods.
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(b) To provide background.
(c) To show continuity.
(d) To prove his point.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mesha?
2. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
3. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
4. What did God do after the prophet proclaimed the destruction of Nineveh and the people repented?
5. What appears to us as wild emotionalism in the prophets, Heschel says may seem like what to the prophets themselves?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)