|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
2. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The tone.
(b) The attitude.
(c) The mood.
(d) The expectancy of behavior.
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of anger and wrath.
(b) One of war.
(c) One of peace.
(d) One of injustice.
4. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) The king's edicts.
(b) People's lack of understanding.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to some scholars, the goal should not be pathos but what?
2. What cultural/religious doctrines did Philo try to mix in his studies?
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)