|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who declared ecstasy to be a definitive mark of a prophet?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. Heschel points out that having a friendship with God doesn't mean what?
(a) That we are equal with God.
(b) That we can stop seeking God.
(c) That we can understand everything about God.
(d) That we can get what we ask for.
4. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To show continuity.
(b) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(c) To prove his point.
(d) To provide background.
5. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a right of man.
(b) As a benefit for humans.
(c) As a gift from man to God.
(d) As a gift from God to man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
2. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
3. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
4. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
5. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)