|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Out of obedience.
(b) Out of love.
(c) Because they want to.
(d) Out of fear.
2. How is God's love to man shown?
(a) By giving us what we want.
(b) By being righteous.
(c) By showing us what we should do.
(d) By giving us a connection with God.
3. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(a) His son.
(b) His daughter.
4. What does Tao mean?
(a) The only religion.
(b) The way.
(c) The person.
5. Who was Marcion?
(a) A Christian.
(b) A Gnostic.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A Greek.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
2. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
3. The nature of man's response to divine reality corresponds to what?
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)