|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The attitude.
(b) The tone.
(c) The expectancy of behavior.
(d) The mood.
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a lion's roar.
(b) As a gentle breeze.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
3. What does Heschel describe as not a goal, but a challenge, a commitment, a state of tension?
(c) Prophetic ethos.
(d) Prophetic sympathy.
4. What does Tao mean?
(a) The only religion.
(b) The person.
(c) The way.
5. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A divine concept.
(c) A commandment.
(d) Easy to explain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
2. What are two unique features of a prophet?
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
5. Who declared ecstasy to be a definitive mark of a prophet?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)