|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
(c) Kings and leaders.
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(c) Lovers of evil.
3. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(b) His son.
(d) His daughter.
4. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
5. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(c) Intolerant of injustice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Mesha?
2. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
3. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
4. Amos began with a message of what?
5. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)