|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel call indifference?
2. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
3. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(a) The covenant.
4. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
5. Who was Mesha?
(a) King of the Israelites.
(b) A herdsman.
(c) A prophet.
(d) King of the Moabites.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
2. The nature of man's response to divine reality corresponds to what?
3. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
4. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
5. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)