|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What is happening in heaven.
(b) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(c) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
(d) What has happened in the past on earth.
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of anger and wrath.
(b) One of injustice.
(c) One of war.
(d) One of peace.
3. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
(b) The covenant.
4. When the pathos of God is upon a prophet what happens?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He becomes apathetic.
(c) He becomes overwhelmed.
(d) He becomes compassionate.
5. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Anger and love.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Health and sickness.
(d) Wrath and justice.
Short Answer Questions
1. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
2. Who was Hezekiah?
3. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
4. What was Micah's message?
5. What is anthropopathy?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)