|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in man's heart and actions.
(b) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
(c) A change in history.
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(b) Lovers of evil.
3. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
4. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Jerusalem Bible.
(b) The Catholic Bible.
(c) The Hebrew Bible.
(d) The Protestant Bible.
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With fire.
(b) With a disease.
(c) With loss in battle.
(d) With a flood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
2. How is God's love to man shown?
3. Jeremiah the prophet said that God delights in what?
4. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
5. When was Marcion expelled from his church?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)