|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their families.
(b) To their religion.
(c) To their time and place.
(d) To their countrymen.
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) The historical context of the message.
(b) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(c) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(d) The specific outcome of the message.
3. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Christians and Muslims.
(b) Jews and Orthodox.
(c) Jews and Muslims.
(d) Jews and Christians.
4. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(b) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(c) The idolatry of the people.
(d) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
5. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of future wealth.
(b) Promise of love.
(c) Promise of redemption.
(d) Promise of destruction.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
2. Who was Mesha?
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
4. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
5. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)