|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To provide background.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To prove his point.
(d) To prove he knows about the Bible.
2. In what religion do you do away with all feeling and obtain a type of peace?
3. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with tears and joy.
(b) Filled with death and destruction.
(c) Filled with doom and hope.
(d) Filled with repentance.
4. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In vague notions.
(b) In absolutes.
(c) In totality.
(d) In variables.
5. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Ill health.
(d) Lack of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
2. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
5. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)