|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(b) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(c) The idolatry of the people.
(d) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Other parts of the Bible.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) His opinions.
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To show Micah's intense nature.
(b) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(c) To show what the people were like.
(d) To illustrate God's passions.
5. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
(a) When God takes it away.
(b) When a person dies.
(c) When God hardens a person's heart.
(d) When a person misuses it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
2. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
3. Who was Marcion?
4. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
5. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)