|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(b) Be penitent.
(d) Have remorse.
2. In ancient times, Israel only knew God as what?
(b) Mysterious and terrible.
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(d) Inward looking.
5. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
2. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
3. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
4. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
5. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)