|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
2. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
3. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with repentance.
(b) Filled with death and destruction.
(c) Filled with tears and joy.
(d) Filled with doom and hope.
4. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(b) His son.
(c) His daughter.
5. Who stated that since the world is so full of filth and sin a just and loving God could not have created it?
Short Answer Questions
1. From the total perspective, what does Heschel say are demands rather than fulfillments?
2. The nature of man's response to divine reality corresponds to what?
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
5. What does Tao mean?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)