|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 6-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(c) Intolerant of injustice.
2. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The idolatry of the people.
(b) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(c) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(d) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
4. What does Heschel call indifference?
5. Heschel says the problem is not that we depict God incorrectly but what?
(a) That we don't know how to depict Him.
(b) That we can't depict Him.
(c) He does not see depicting God as a problem.
(d) That we try to depict Him at all.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
2. What were the prophets overwhelmed with in addition to emotion?
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
5. An emotional religion of sympathy is more compatible with the prophet's mentality than a religion of what?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)