|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The tone.
(b) The mood.
(c) The attitude.
(d) The expectancy of behavior.
2. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(c) None of the answers is correct..
(d) Because he follows Isaiah.
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he spoke out against the king.
(b) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
(c) Because of his prophesies.
(d) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
4. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The king.
(b) The weather.
(c) The people.
(d) The situation.
5. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
(d) Kings and leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amos began with a message of what?
2. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
3. Who was Hezekiah?
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)