|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
(b) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(c) What is happening in heaven.
(d) What has happened in the past on earth.
2. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(b) His daughter.
(c) His son.
3. What was Micah's message?
(a) Doom and destruction.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Hope and forgiveness.
(d) Love and generosity.
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(c) Sin in general.
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
2. The prophets were outraged because of what?
3. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
5. What was another name for Hosea?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)