|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The king.
(b) The situation.
(c) The weather.
(d) The people.
2. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(c) Accumulation of wealth.
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when God will end all evil.
(b) The time when they can return to normal life.
(c) The time when people become religious.
(d) The time when Israel turns back to God.
5. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Prophetic era.
(b) Early Christian era.
(c) Ancient prophets era.
(d) Babylonian exile era.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
3. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
5. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)