|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(b) What has happened in the past on earth.
(c) What is happening in heaven.
(d) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their time and place.
(b) To their religion.
(c) To their countrymen.
(d) To their families.
3. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God's people and Hosea.
(b) God and Hosea.
(c) God and his people.
(d) God's people and their kings.
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) The specific outcome of the message.
(b) The historical context of the message.
(c) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
2. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
3. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
4. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
5. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)