|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The people.
(b) The king.
(c) The weather.
(d) The situation.
3. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(d) Inward looking.
4. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
(a) To pray.
(b) To obey.
(c) To honor your father and mother.
(d) To go to the temple.
5. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The attitude.
(b) The expectancy of behavior.
(c) The mood.
(d) The tone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Amos began with a message of what?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
5. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
This section contains 168 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)