|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(c) Intolerant of injustice.
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Good and bad.
(b) Wrath and justice.
(c) Health and sickness.
(d) Anger and love.
5. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were turning away from God.
(b) People who did not understand their God.
(c) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(d) People who were not worshipping their God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
4. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)