|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(b) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(c) The enemies.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
2. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The mood.
(c) The attitude.
(d) The tone.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were glorified.
(b) They were shunned.
(c) They were shown respect.
(d) They were honored.
5. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(b) People who were not worshipping their God.
(c) People who were turning away from God.
(d) People who did not understand their God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
4. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)