|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(b) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The enemies.
2. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
(a) What is going to happen in the future on earth.
(b) What has happened in the past in heaven.
(c) What is happening in heaven.
(d) What has happened in the past on earth.
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It was the center of culture.
(b) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(c) It prospered.
(d) It fell.
5. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(d) Sin in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
5. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)