|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) The prophets' own words.
(b) Opinions of others.
(c) Other parts of the Bible.
(d) His opinions.
3. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he follows Isaiah.
(b) None of the answers is correct..
(c) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(d) Because he is never named.
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In variables.
(b) In vague notions.
(c) In absolutes.
(d) In totality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
2. What was Micah's message?
3. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
4. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
5. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)