|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God's people and Hosea.
(b) God's people and their kings.
(c) God and Hosea.
(d) God and his people.
2. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(c) His son.
(d) His daughter.
3. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(d) Inward looking.
4. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
5. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)