|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(c) Carpet maker.
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(b) Maps of the time.
3. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The historical context of the message.
(c) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(d) The specific outcome of the message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does understanding God depend on?
2. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
4. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
5. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)