|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
2. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To show continuity.
(b) To provide background.
(c) To prove his point.
(d) To prove he knows about the Bible.
3. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with repentance.
(b) Filled with tears and joy.
(c) Filled with doom and hope.
(d) Filled with death and destruction.
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(c) Greek gods.
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
2. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
3. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)