|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a lion's roar.
(b) As a whisper in the night.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a gentle breeze.
3. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The tone.
(b) The attitude.
(c) The mood.
(d) The expectancy of behavior.
4. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
(a) Build them a nation.
(b) Honor them as well.
(c) Bring them to humility and dishonor.
(d) Honor their fathers and mothers.
5. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their religion.
(b) To their time and place.
(c) To their countrymen.
(d) To their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
2. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)