|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(a) Greek gods.
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(d) Maps of the time.
3. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(d) Lovers of evil.
4. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To illustrate God's passions.
(b) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(c) To show what the people were like.
(d) To show Micah's intense nature.
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
3. Who was Hezekiah?
4. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
5. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)