|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their families.
(b) To their religion.
(c) To their time and place.
(d) To their countrymen.
2. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(c) Accumulation of wealth.
3. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(c) Intolerant of injustice.
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Ancient prophets era.
(c) Prophetic era.
(d) Babylonian exile era.
5. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
(a) Bring them to humility and dishonor.
(b) Honor them as well.
(c) Honor their fathers and mothers.
(d) Build them a nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
2. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
3. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
4. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
5. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)