|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) The prophets' own words.
(b) Opinions of others.
(c) His opinions.
(d) Other parts of the Bible.
3. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who did not understand their God.
(b) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
(c) People who were not worshipping their God.
(d) People who were turning away from God.
4. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(d) Accumulation of wealth.
5. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
2. Amos began with a message of what?
3. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
5. What was another name for Hosea?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)