|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The words themselves.
(b) The way the message is presented.
(c) The man and his life.
(d) The situation.
3. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of injustice.
(b) One of peace.
(c) One of war.
(d) One of anger and wrath.
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(a) Second Isaiah.
5. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Out of love.
(b) Because they want to.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of obedience.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
2. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
3. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
4. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
5. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)