|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The promise.
(c) The covenant.
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(c) Intolerant of injustice.
3. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in history.
(c) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
(d) A change in man's heart and actions.
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of redemption.
(b) Promise of destruction.
(c) Promise of love.
(d) Promise of future wealth.
5. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
(a) Filled with death and destruction.
(b) Filled with tears and joy.
(c) Filled with doom and hope.
(d) Filled with repentance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
3. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
4. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
5. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)