|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The expectancy of behavior.
(b) The tone.
(c) The attitude.
(d) The mood.
2. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
3. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Prophetic era.
(b) Early Christian era.
(c) Ancient prophets era.
(d) Babylonian exile era.
4. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) The specific outcome of the message.
(b) The historical context of the message.
(c) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
2. What does understanding God depend on?
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
4. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
5. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)