|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A king.
(d) A brother of Isaiah.
3. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(c) Because he follows Isaiah.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
5. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(a) Be penitent.
(c) Have remorse.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
5. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)