|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To destroy people.
(b) To build a people.
(c) To purify people.
(d) To chastise people.
2. What was another name for Hosea?
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With loss in battle.
(b) With a flood.
(c) With a disease.
(d) With fire.
4. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when they can return to normal life.
(b) The time when God will end all evil.
(c) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(d) The time when people become religious.
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In absolutes.
(b) In totality.
(c) In variables.
(d) In vague notions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
2. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
5. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)