|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
(a) To obey.
(b) To go to the temple.
(c) To honor your father and mother.
(d) To pray.
2. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of redemption.
(b) Promise of destruction.
(c) Promise of love.
(d) Promise of future wealth.
5. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(c) Lovers of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amos began with a message of what?
2. How does Heschel describe freedom?
3. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
4. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
5. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)