|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a gift from man to God.
(b) As a benefit for humans.
(c) As a right of man.
(d) As a gift from God to man.
2. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
3. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(a) Be penitent.
(b) Have remorse.
4. What happened to prophets when God called them to do his work?
(a) They were honored.
(b) They were shunned.
(c) They were shown respect.
(d) They were glorified.
5. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
2. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)