|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(a) Maps of the time.
2. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
3. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(a) His daughter.
(c) His son.
4. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
5. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(b) It prospered.
(c) It fell.
(d) It was the center of culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amos began with a message of what?
2. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
3. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
4. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
5. What was Micah's message?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)