|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) His people.
(b) The land.
(c) The covenant.
(d) The temple in Jerusalem.
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their religion.
(b) To their families.
(c) To their countrymen.
(d) To their time and place.
3. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(b) Greek gods.
4. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
(a) Bring them to humility and dishonor.
(b) Honor them as well.
(c) Honor their fathers and mothers.
(d) Build them a nation.
5. In the Old Testament, sacrifices were part of the people's what?
(a) Way of worship.
(b) Way of honoring their dead families.
(c) Way of showing how much they owned.
(d) Way of showing remorse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
3. Who was Mesha?
4. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
5. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)