|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who were not worshipping their God.
(b) People who were turning away from God.
(c) People who did not understand their God.
(d) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
2. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their countrymen.
(b) To their time and place.
(c) To their religion.
(d) To their families.
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(b) The time when people become religious.
(c) The time when they can return to normal life.
(d) The time when God will end all evil.
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
(a) To illustrate God's passions.
(b) To show what the people were like.
(c) To prove Micah is a prophet.
(d) To show Micah's intense nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
3. What changed with Second Isaiah?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)