|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(b) Sin in general.
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of injustice.
(b) One of anger and wrath.
(c) One of war.
(d) One of peace.
3. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The covenant.
(b) The temple in Jerusalem.
(c) The land.
(d) His people.
4. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
(a) When a person misuses it.
(b) When God takes it away.
(c) When God hardens a person's heart.
(d) When a person dies.
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
2. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
3. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
4. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
5. How many children did Hosea have?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)