|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Amos began with a message of what?
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
3. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
4. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A king.
(c) A prophet.
(d) A brother of Isaiah.
5. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
2. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
3. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
4. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
5. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)