|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for God.
(b) In his love for the people.
(c) In the way he lived.
(d) In his preaching.
3. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(a) Sin in general.
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God's people and their kings.
(b) God's people and Hosea.
(c) God and Hosea.
(d) God and his people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
2. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
5. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)