|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a gentle breeze.
(b) As a small nagging thought.
(c) As a lion's roar.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
2. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(d) Accumulation of wealth.
3. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) The specific outcome of the message.
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Babylonian exile era.
(b) Early Christian era.
(c) Ancient prophets era.
(d) Prophetic era.
5. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) The prophets' own words.
(b) Other parts of the Bible.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) His opinions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amos began with a message of what?
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. What was another name for Hosea?
5. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)