|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(b) Sin in general.
2. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Anger and love.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Health and sickness.
(d) Wrath and justice.
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a gentle breeze.
(b) As a lion's roar.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
4. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) People's lack of understanding.
(d) The king's edicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. Amos began with a message of what?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)