|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Wrath and justice.
(b) Health and sickness.
(c) Good and bad.
(d) Anger and love.
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
3. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A shepherd.
(b) A king.
(c) A brother of Isaiah.
(d) A prophet.
4. What was another name for Hosea?
5. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Other parts of the Bible.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) His opinions.
(d) Opinions of others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)