|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(c) Carpet maker.
2. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) The king's edicts.
(b) People's lack of understanding.
3. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for God.
(b) In his preaching.
(c) In his love for the people.
(d) In the way he lived.
4. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Expensive habits.
(b) Things that offended God.
(c) People calling them crazy.
(d) Religious fanatics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
2. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
3. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
4. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
5. Who was Hezekiah?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)