|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(d) Accumulation of wealth.
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a gentle breeze.
(b) As a whisper in the night.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a lion's roar.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(d) Intolerant of injustice.
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) People calling them crazy.
(b) Expensive habits.
(c) Things that offended God.
(d) Religious fanatics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
5. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)