|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
3. What was another name for Hosea?
4. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Protestant Bible.
(b) The Catholic Bible.
(c) The Hebrew Bible.
(d) The Jerusalem Bible.
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God's people and Hosea.
(b) God's people and their kings.
(c) God and his people.
(d) God and Hosea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Amos began with a message of what?
2. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)