|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
2. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With loss in battle.
(b) With a flood.
(c) With a disease.
(d) With fire.
3. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(c) Accumulation of wealth.
4. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and his people.
(b) God's people and their kings.
(c) God's people and Hosea.
(d) God and Hosea.
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(d) Maps of the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
2. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
3. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)