|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Babylonian exile era.
(b) Early Christian era.
(c) Ancient prophets era.
(d) Prophetic era.
2. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a disease.
(b) With fire.
(c) With a flood.
(d) With loss in battle.
3. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Western Kingdom.
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
4. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
5. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)