|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a whisper in the night.
(b) As a lion's roar.
(c) As a gentle breeze.
(d) As a small nagging thought.
4. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for the people.
(b) In his love for God.
(c) In the way he lived.
(d) In his preaching.
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) The historical context of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
Short Answer Questions
1. The prophets were outraged because of what?
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
3. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
4. Who was Hezekiah?
5. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)