|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
3. What was another name for Hosea?
4. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and his people.
(b) God and Hosea.
(c) God's people and their kings.
(d) God's people and Hosea.
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The historical context of the message.
(c) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(d) The specific outcome of the message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. Who was Hezekiah?
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
5. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)