|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a flood.
(b) With a disease.
(c) With loss in battle.
(d) With fire.
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a small nagging thought.
(b) As a gentle breeze.
(c) As a lion's roar.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
4. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Christians.
(b) Jews and Muslims.
(c) Christians and Muslims.
(d) Jews and Orthodox.
5. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(d) Carpet maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
2. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
3. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)