|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Protestant Bible.
(b) The Jerusalem Bible.
(c) The Catholic Bible.
(d) The Hebrew Bible.
2. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(d) Carpet maker.
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(d) Intolerant of injustice.
5. Amos began with a message of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
3. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
4. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
5. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)