|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for God.
(b) In his preaching.
(c) In the way he lived.
(d) In his love for the people.
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Christians and Muslims.
(b) Jews and Muslims.
(c) Jews and Orthodox.
(d) Jews and Christians.
5. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(d) Carpet maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
2. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
3. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
4. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)