|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) The king's edicts.
(d) People's lack of understanding.
2. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
3. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(b) Accumulation of wealth.
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(d) Sin in general.
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Muslims.
(b) Christians and Muslims.
(c) Jews and Christians.
(d) Jews and Orthodox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
4. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
5. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)