|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(d) Maps of the time.
2. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Muslims.
(b) Christians and Muslims.
(c) Jews and Christians.
(d) Jews and Orthodox.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Religious fanatics.
(b) People calling them crazy.
(c) Things that offended God.
(d) Expensive habits.
5. What was another name for Hosea?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. Who was Hezekiah?
5. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)