|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(c) Accumulation of wealth.
2. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
3. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Prophetic era.
(c) Babylonian exile era.
(d) Ancient prophets era.
5. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) His opinions.
(b) Opinions of others.
(c) Other parts of the Bible.
(d) The prophets' own words.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. What was another name for Hosea?
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)