|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
2. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Hebrew Bible.
(b) The Protestant Bible.
(c) The Catholic Bible.
(d) The Jerusalem Bible.
3. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A prophet.
(b) A brother of Isaiah.
(c) A king.
(d) A shepherd.
4. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for the people.
(b) In the way he lived.
(c) In his love for God.
(d) In his preaching.
5. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
5. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)