|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(d) Maps of the time.
2. What was another name for Hosea?
3. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) His opinions.
(b) Other parts of the Bible.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) The prophets' own words.
4. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)