|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 9-11; Part 2: Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
2. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The situation.
(b) The man and his life.
(c) The words themselves.
(d) The way the message is presented.
3. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) People's lack of understanding.
(d) The king's edicts.
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he follows Isaiah.
(b) Because he is never named.
(c) None of the answers is correct..
(d) Because he is Isaiah's son.
5. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A change in history.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(d) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
2. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
3. What does Heschel see as the point when freedom is lost?
4. According to Heschel, the land at the time of the prophets had judges and laws but they were both without what?
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)