|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(b) The idolatry of the people.
(c) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(d) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a small nagging thought.
(b) As a whisper in the night.
(c) As a gentle breeze.
(d) As a lion's roar.
3. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Babylonian exile era.
(c) Prophetic era.
(d) Ancient prophets era.
4. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) People's lack of understanding.
(d) The king's edicts.
5. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(b) Because he spoke out against the king.
(c) Because of his prophesies.
(d) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
2. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
3. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
4. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)