|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
2. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(b) Carpet maker.
3. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) His opinions.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) Other parts of the Bible.
(d) Opinions of others.
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Health and sickness.
(b) Anger and love.
(c) Wrath and justice.
(d) Good and bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
2. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
3. What was Micah's message?
4. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
5. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)