|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a gentle breeze.
(b) As a whisper in the night.
(c) As a lion's roar.
(d) As a small nagging thought.
2. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(c) The enemies.
(d) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To show continuity.
(b) To provide background.
(c) To prove his point.
(d) To prove he knows about the Bible.
4. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) The king.
(b) His wife.
(c) The prophet Amos.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
2. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
3. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
4. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)