|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(b) Intolerant of injustice.
2. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
(a) Why do you call me?
(b) How long and why?
(c) Where are you?
(d) What do you want me to do?
3. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a small nagging thought.
(b) As a lion's roar.
(c) As a gentle breeze.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
4. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
5. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(b) A few chapters.
(c) Longer than Jeremiah.
(d) 10 chapters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
2. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
3. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
4. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)