|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The mood.
(b) The attitude.
(c) The expectancy of behavior.
(d) The tone.
2. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) Because he follows Isaiah.
(c) None of the answers is correct..
(d) Because he is Isaiah's son.
3. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(b) It is destroying the people.
(c) It is destroying the covenant.
(d) It can't be seen.
4. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The land.
(b) His people.
(c) The temple in Jerusalem.
(d) The covenant.
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) The king.
(c) His son.
(d) The prophet Amos.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
4. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
5. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)