|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The land.
(b) The temple in Jerusalem.
(c) His people.
(d) The covenant.
2. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The people.
(b) The king.
(c) The weather.
(d) The situation.
3. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
4. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
(c) Maps of the time.
5. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
(a) In his love for God.
(b) In his love for the people.
(c) In the way he lived.
(d) In his preaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. Who was Hezekiah?
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)