|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and Hosea.
(b) God's people and Hosea.
(c) God and his people.
(d) God's people and their kings.
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The enemies.
4. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(b) The idolatry of the people.
(c) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(d) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
5. What changed with Second Isaiah?
(a) The situation.
(b) The weather.
(c) The king.
(d) The people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
4. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
5. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)