|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(b) Because he follows Isaiah.
(c) Because he is never named.
(d) None of the answers is correct..
2. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
3. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) The prophet Amos.
(b) His wife.
(c) The king.
(d) His son.
4. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Hebrew Bible.
(b) The Protestant Bible.
(c) The Jerusalem Bible.
(d) The Catholic Bible.
5. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Ill health.
(d) Lack of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
2. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
5. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)