|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The historical context of the message.
(c) The specific outcome of the message.
(d) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
2. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
(a) The tone.
(b) The mood.
(c) The attitude.
(d) The expectancy of behavior.
3. What was another name for Hosea?
4. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(c) Second Isaiah.
5. How many children did Hosea have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed with Second Isaiah?
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
5. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)