|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a disease.
(b) With a flood.
(c) With fire.
(d) With loss in battle.
2. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
3. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To provide background.
(b) To show continuity.
(c) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(d) To prove his point.
4. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) The prophets' own words.
(b) Opinions of others.
(c) His opinions.
(d) Other parts of the Bible.
5. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
(a) It is destroying the covenant.
(b) It is destroying the people.
(c) It isn't what Habakkuk wants.
(d) It can't be seen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
2. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
3. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
4. What changed with Second Isaiah?
5. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)