|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(d) Accumulation of wealth.
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and Hosea.
(b) God's people and Hosea.
(c) God and his people.
(d) God's people and their kings.
3. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their countrymen.
(b) To their time and place.
(c) To their religion.
(d) To their families.
4. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
5. "The Prophets" was written for which religious groups?
(a) Jews and Muslims.
(b) Jews and Christians.
(c) Christians and Muslims.
(d) Jews and Orthodox.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
5. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)