|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
2. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(a) Lovers of evil.
3. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
4. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) A few chapters.
(b) Longer than Jeremiah.
(c) 10 chapters.
(d) Longest book of "The Prophets".
5. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
(b) The idolatry of the people.
(c) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(d) The lack of listening to the prophets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
2. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
3. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
4. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
5. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)