|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Western Kingdom.
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a lion's roar.
(b) As a gentle breeze.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
3. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Things that offended God.
(b) Expensive habits.
(c) People calling them crazy.
(d) Religious fanatics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
2. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
3. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
4. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
5. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)