|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
(a) Second Isaiah.
2. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
(a) It became the capital of the Assyrian empire.
(b) It prospered.
(c) It fell.
(d) It was the center of culture.
3. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) None of the answers is correct..
(b) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(c) Because he is never named.
(d) Because he follows Isaiah.
4. What was another name for Hosea?
5. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(a) Intolerant of injustice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
2. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
3. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
4. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)