|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
(a) Promise of future wealth.
(b) Promise of destruction.
(c) Promise of love.
(d) Promise of redemption.
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Other parts of the Bible.
(b) The prophets' own words.
(c) Opinions of others.
(d) His opinions.
3. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(b) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(c) The idolatry of the people.
(d) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
4. In Jeremiah, God states that he will have to destroy what he has built. What was he referring to?
(a) The temple in Jerusalem.
(b) The land.
(c) The covenant.
(d) His people.
5. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and his people.
(b) God and Hosea.
(c) God's people and Hosea.
(d) God's people and their kings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
3. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
4. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
5. How many children did Hosea have?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)