|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(b) Lack of wealth.
(c) Ill health.
2. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
3. Amos began with a message of what?
4. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
(a) The people of the Southern Kingdom.
(b) The people of the Western Kingdom.
(c) The people of the Eastern Kingdom.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
5. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(a) People's lack of understanding.
(b) The king's edicts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
2. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
3. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
4. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
5. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)