|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Protestant Bible.
(b) The Hebrew Bible.
(c) The Catholic Bible.
(d) The Jerusalem Bible.
2. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(b) The enemies.
(c) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
(d) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
4. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The man and his life.
(b) The situation.
(c) The words themselves.
(d) The way the message is presented.
5. How many children did Hosea have?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
2. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
3. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
4. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
5. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)