|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(a) Intolerant of injustice.
2. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a lion's roar.
(b) As a gentle breeze.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a whisper in the night.
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he spoke out against the king.
(b) Because of his prophesies.
(c) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(d) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
4. The prophets were outraged because of what?
(b) People's lack of understanding.
(c) The king's edicts.
5. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Early Christian era.
(b) Babylonian exile era.
(c) Ancient prophets era.
(d) Prophetic era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
3. How many children did Hosea have?
4. God answers Habakkuk that God's hand is constantly working even though what?
5. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)