|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Expensive habits.
(b) Things that offended God.
(c) Religious fanatics.
(d) People calling them crazy.
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(a) Carpet maker.
4. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
(d) Intolerant of injustice.
5. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
2. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
3. What was Micah's message?
4. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
5. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)