|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel says that prophets have a duty to what?
(a) To their religion.
(b) To their countrymen.
(c) To their time and place.
(d) To their families.
2. In Hosea 9:14 instead of asking God to forgive his people he asked God to deliver them what?
3. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
(a) People who did not understand their God.
(b) People who were turning away from God.
(c) People who were not worshipping their God.
(d) People who were searching and working towards righteousness.
4. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a whisper in the night.
(b) As a small nagging thought.
(c) As a lion's roar.
(d) As a gentle breeze.
5. Who died the year that Isaiah was called by God?
(a) His wife.
(b) The prophet Amos.
(c) The king.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
2. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
4. What does Habakkuk ask God directly?
5. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)