|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
(a) Because he is never named.
(b) Because he is Isaiah's son.
(c) None of the answers is correct..
(d) Because he follows Isaiah.
2. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
(a) The enemies.
(c) The people of the Northern Kingdom.
(d) The people who lived in Judah before the Israelites.
3. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) The prophets' own words.
(b) Opinions of others.
(c) Other parts of the Bible.
(d) His opinions.
4. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
(a) The fact that God allows evil to prevail.
(b) The idolatry of the people.
(c) The lack of listening to the prophets.
(d) The great lack of worshipping the true God.
5. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(a) Carpet maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea describes Israel as the unfaithful wife and God as Israel's what?
2. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
3. Who imprisoned Jeremiah?
4. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
5. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)