|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Hosea have?
2. How is it said that God killed the Assyrians?
(a) With a flood.
(b) With loss in battle.
(c) With a disease.
(d) With fire.
3. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(b) Lovers of evil.
4. What was Micah's message?
(a) Hope and forgiveness.
(b) Sweetness and light.
(c) Doom and destruction.
(d) Love and generosity.
5. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of anger and wrath.
(b) One of war.
(c) One of injustice.
(d) One of peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
2. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
3. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
4. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
5. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)