|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel contrasts God to other deities, who unlike God, did not have what?
(a) Absolute supreme power.
(b) Power to change history.
(c) Power to make heaven and earth.
(d) Power to intervene in people's lives.
2. What does Heschel use to solidify his facts about the prophets?
(a) Opinions of others.
(b) Other parts of the Bible.
(c) His opinions.
(d) The prophets' own words.
3. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
4. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
(b) The work of their own hands.
(c) Golden calves.
(d) Multiple gods.
5. According to Heschel, what is one of the things that caused a need for prophets?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many changes in leadership were there during Jeremiah's time?
2. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
3. What was the name of Hosea's wife?
4. What is the origin of pathos?
5. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)