|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In totality.
(b) In absolutes.
(c) In vague notions.
(d) In variables.
2. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(b) The specific outcome of the message.
(c) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(d) The historical context of the message.
3. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
(c) His daughter.
(d) His son.
4. Jeremiah says that even though people are punished they don't seem to what?
(a) Be penitent.
(b) Have remorse.
5. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The man and his life.
(b) The words themselves.
(c) The way the message is presented.
(d) The situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
2. How does Heschel describe freedom?
3. Heschel points out that God's wrath is what?
4. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
5. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)