|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the origin of pathos?
2. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a gift from God to man.
(b) As a benefit for humans.
(c) As a right of man.
(d) As a gift from man to God.
3. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
(a) Wrath and justice.
(b) Good and bad.
(c) Anger and love.
(d) Health and sickness.
4. Heschel quotes Samuel to show that what was better than sacrifice?
(a) To honor your father and mother.
(b) To go to the temple.
(c) To pray.
(d) To obey.
5. In what religion do you do away with all feeling and obtain a type of peace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does understanding God depend on?
2. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
3. What promise did God give with Second Isaiah?
4. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
5. What was another name for Hosea?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)