|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and his people.
(b) God and Hosea.
(c) God's people and Hosea.
(d) God's people and their kings.
2. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(a) The Greeks.
(c) The devil.
3. What Bible does Heschel use as the source for scripture passages?
(a) The Protestant Bible.
(b) The Hebrew Bible.
(c) The Catholic Bible.
(d) The Jerusalem Bible.
4. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
(d) Sin in general.
5. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
(c) Not all powerful.
(d) Not all knowing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
2. What is the origin of pathos?
3. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
4. Micah lived about the same time as what other prophet?
5. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)