|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In vague notions.
(b) In totality.
(c) In variables.
(d) In absolutes.
2. How long is the book of Habakkuk?
(a) 10 chapters.
(b) Longer than Jeremiah.
(c) Longest book of "The Prophets".
(d) A few chapters.
3. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) A mystery.
(b) A divine concept.
(c) Easy to explain.
(d) A commandment.
4. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(b) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(c) The specific outcome of the message.
(d) The historical context of the message.
5. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Ancient prophets era.
(b) Early Christian era.
(c) Babylonian exile era.
(d) Prophetic era.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
2. What was another name for Hosea?
3. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
4. What did Mesha sacrifice to appease his idols during wartime?
5. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)