|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was another name for Hosea?
2. How is God's love to man shown?
(a) By giving us a connection with God.
(b) By being righteous.
(c) By giving us what we want.
(d) By showing us what we should do.
3. How does Heschel describe freedom?
(a) As a right of man.
(b) As a benefit for humans.
(c) As a gift from God to man.
(d) As a gift from man to God.
4. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) Things that offended God.
(b) Expensive habits.
(c) Religious fanatics.
(d) People calling them crazy.
5. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
(d) Divine pathos.
Short Answer Questions
1. Heschel alludes to the fact that to describe God in any terms implies that God is what?
2. Micah's concern with the people was that they worshiped what?
3. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
4. Why does Heschel call the prophet he discusses after Habakkuk the "Second Isaiah"?
5. Heschel says that Jeremiah is often called a prophet of what?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)