|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
(a) The way the message is presented.
(b) The man and his life.
(c) The situation.
(d) The words themselves.
2. What does Heschel say is the basis for the relationship of God and man?
(a) Divine pathos.
3. Pathos is not self-centered but is what kind of thinking?
(b) Inward looking.
4. Isaiah was aware that disaster was coming and from that disaster would come what?
5. What is the origin of pathos?
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed with Second Isaiah?
2. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
4. What is Karma?
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)