|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(c) Lovers of evil.
2. Heschel says that Habakkuk knowing that destruction is coming feels that this is the opposite of what?
(a) The promise.
(b) The covenant.
3. Heschel describes God as what?
(a) The ultimate source of the universe.
(b) The ultimate judge.
(c) Someone who cannot be described.
4. The author describes what era in the Old Testament?
(a) Babylonian exile era.
(b) Prophetic era.
(c) Early Christian era.
(d) Ancient prophets era.
5. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) A divine concept.
(b) A commandment.
(c) Easy to explain.
(d) A mystery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social ill did Hosea primarily speak out against?
2. What does the Stoic sage aim for?
3. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
4. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
5. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)