|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) An obedience.
(b) An understanding.
(c) A relationship.
(d) An experience of him.
2. What is anthropopathy?
(b) The attribution of human qualities to gods.
(c) The attribution of God-like qualities to humans.
(d) The attribution of human qualities to animals.
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(b) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
(c) Because he spoke out against the king.
(d) Because of his prophesies.
4. What does Heschel say will change God's judgment about destruction?
(a) A new prophet's heartfelt request.
(b) A change in man's heart and actions.
(c) A change in history.
5. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
(a) To prove his point.
(b) To prove he knows about the Bible.
(c) To show continuity.
(d) To provide background.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe freedom?
2. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
3. What was another name for Hosea?
4. How many children did Hosea have?
5. Prophets rebuked the inhabitants of cities for things that others would have called what?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)