|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
(a) God and Hosea.
(b) God and his people.
(c) God's people and their kings.
(d) God's people and Hosea.
2. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(d) Accumulation of wealth.
3. Some writers in the Bible say that emotions and feelings have been inspired by whom?
(b) The Greeks.
(c) The devil.
4. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
(a) As a whisper in the night.
(b) As a lion's roar.
(c) As a small nagging thought.
(d) As a gentle breeze.
5. What did the prophets talk about in addition to God's wrath and judgment?
(a) His wisdom.
(b) His love.
(c) His vengeance.
(d) His knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heschel describe the time during Second Isaiah?
2. What country did Israel ask for help and protection from Assyria during the time of Isaiah?
3. In order to aid the reader's understanding, Heschel includes an appendix on what subject?
4. In what belief is there no grace or repentance for sin, just cause and effect?
5. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)