|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heschel claim is God's ultimate goal?
(a) To build a people.
(b) To chastise people.
(c) To destroy people.
(d) To purify people.
2. Jeremiah felt that his time was one of what?
3. What did Amos speak out against that differed from Hosea?
(b) Accumulation of wealth.
4. Heschel describes God as what?
(b) The ultimate judge.
(c) The ultimate source of the universe.
(d) Someone who cannot be described.
5. What does Heschel avoid telling the reader about the prophets' message?
(a) The specific outcome of the message.
(b) Whether the prophet's message was legitimate.
(c) Whether he agrees or disagrees.
(d) The historical context of the message.
Short Answer Questions
1. What people did Amos, Hosea, and Isaiah try to save?
2. Why does Heschel quote Micah 7:1-7?
3. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
4. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
5. God's anger is great and to be feared, but God is also what?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)