|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Amos was called by God what was his job?
(c) Carpet maker.
2. Who was Hezekiah?
(a) A king.
(b) A shepherd.
(c) A brother of Isaiah.
(d) A prophet.
3. What is the origin of pathos?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
(a) Greek gods.
5. Prophets were hypersensitive to what?
(a) People calling them crazy.
(b) Expensive habits.
(c) Religious fanatics.
(d) Things that offended God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jeremiah was a prophet when what happened to Jerusalem?
2. What does Heschel say that Habakkuk is tormented by?
3. What does Heschel say plays a part in the message that the prophets bring to the people?
4. Heschel states that it is a mistake to think that what happens on earth reflects what?
5. How did Second Isaiah refer to the people of Israel?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)