|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did some scholars reject the idea of pathos?
(a) Because it isn't mentioned in the Bible.
(b) Because of its origins.
(c) Because it didn't involve emotions.
(d) Because it involved emotions.
2. According to Heschel, the prophets had no ideas about God, but had what?
(a) An experience of him.
(b) An obedience.
(c) A relationship.
(d) An understanding.
3. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Out of love.
(b) Because they want to.
(c) Out of obedience.
(d) Out of fear.
4. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
(a) One of peace.
(b) One of war.
(c) One of anger and wrath.
(d) One of injustice.
5. Heschel says that God is our father but also our judge, and when he judges us he is also what?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Amos describe God's voice calling to him?
2. Why does Heschel use quotes from other books of the Bible?
3. Whom did Jeremiah say would overtake the cities of Judah?
4. Whom did the prophets blame for the injustices in the land?
5. Heschel says God hates sin but is also what?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)