|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Heschel admits that pathos is both a paradox and what?
(a) A commandment.
(b) A mystery.
(c) A divine concept.
(d) Easy to explain.
2. What does Heschel say that the prophets looked towards?
(a) The time when Israel turns back to God.
(b) The time when God will end all evil.
(c) The time when people become religious.
(d) The time when they can return to normal life.
3. What is Karma?
(a) An opposite to prophetic thinking.
(b) A religion that believes in prophetic thinking.
(c) A way of life.
(d) A special relationship to God.
4. What is the origin of pathos?
5. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
(a) Because of his prophesies.
(b) Because he spoke out against the king.
(c) Because he abandoned the Babylonians.
(d) Because he abandoned the Assyrians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Isaiah say that God would do to those who try to honor themselves?
2. Hosea was aware that his relationship with his wife mirrored the relationship of whom?
3. According to Heschel, in what way did Hosea differ from Amos?
4. Heschel describes the words of prophecy as a polarity between what?
5. Which prophet does Heschel not provide the reader his past?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)