|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 2-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is God's love to man shown?
(a) By showing us what we should do.
(b) By being righteous.
(c) By giving us what we want.
(d) By giving us a connection with God.
2. What does Heschel say the prophets had to endure?
(a) Lack of wealth.
(d) Ill health.
3. For what does Heschel say God wants his people to obey?
(a) Out of obedience.
(b) Because they want to.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of love.
4. What term does Jeremiah use for the people of God because they refuse to turn themselves toward God?
(a) Lovers of evil.
5. According to Heschel, how did God show himself to prophets?
(a) In totality.
(b) In absolutes.
(c) In variables.
(d) In vague notions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change occurs in Second Isaiah toward the people of Israel?
2. The author states that a prophet looked at things that seemed what to other people?
3. Why was Jeremiah imprisoned?
4. What does Heschel use as examples of how pathos is associated to God in heaven?
5. How does Heschel describe the time that Jeremiah lived?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)