|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who transmits faith and lovingness and leads students to the threshold of their own mind?
2. Who asks Almustafa about friendship?
3. Who says that beauty will rise with the dawn?
4. The soul walks upon all paths, but not on a _______.
5. What is only good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Almustafa claim when evening falls and Almitra blesses the day, the place, and Almustafa's words?
2. How does Almustafa describe time?
3. Almustafa advises people to pray at what times?
4. What is the only purpose of friendship?
5. Much of one's talking does what, according to Almustafa?
6. How does Almustafa describe evil? How does he define it?
7. What do the tired and the weary say about beauty?
8. While Almustafa compares the soul to a battlefield, what does he wish his role in this conflict to be?
9. Who can those desiring to learn about pleasure take a lesson from, aside from Almustafa?
10. Why must one know pain, according to Almustafa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Almustafa says that children are not from their parents, but of them, what do you think this means? What do you think happens when parents think of their children as someone that comes from them? Cite some examples of what parents who don't follow Almustafa's idea about children might do. How do you think this affects the child?
Essay Topic 2
Life and death are one, according to Almustafa. How are life and death similar? What does this mean in terms of the natural fear of death? Since people can only understand death by dying, what does this mean in terms of the statement that the two are the same - can Almustafa even know this is true? Why do you think what you think about that question? Are there any signs that Almustafa's thoughts can be trusted?
Essay Topic 3
Digging for roots can yield treasure - what does Almustafa mean by this? What are some ways that a modern person can use this lesson in their everyday life? Can you cite an example from your own life in which this has come to fruition or an example of something that can be changed by following Almustafa's idea?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)