|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Almustafa says he can speak only of what?
2. Who should leave the marketplace empty handed?
3. Recipients should assume no weight of ____________, which is heavy on both, but rather soar alongside the giver.
4. What do people become in Life's heart?
5. Where should people strive to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Almustafa declare about love?
2. Who does Almustafa say has useful gifts to sell?
3. What does Almustafa have to say about children in relation to their parents?
4. What do some say about birth and about the flesh?
5. What is it good to do, in relation to the topic of giving?
6. What else should be weighed in a wife's infidelity?
7. What setting does Almustafa prefer for living?
8. Who is the seer that understands the answer to Almustafa's longing for his homeland?
9. What does the exchanging of gifts do for people, according to Almustafa?
10. What does Almustafa say he has observed when the orator asks about freedom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Those who wear morality as their best garment are better off naked - that's a strong statement in relation to religion. What do you think this means? What do you think Almustafa means? What does this statement mean in relation to religion? Does this mean that religion or morality is a bad thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
It is better to give things unasked, according to Almustafa. What does this mean? Give three examples of things that can happen if you give of yourself without being asked? Is this a realistic way of living? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Digging for roots can yield treasure - what does Almustafa mean by this? What are some ways that a modern person can use this lesson in their everyday life? Can you cite an example from your own life in which this has come to fruition or an example of something that can be changed by following Almustafa's idea?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)