|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A couple's children are not ________.
2. Who asks Almustafa about children?
3. Man and apple should rejoice in all __________.
4. Children already have thoughts of their _______.
5. Where would Almustafa scatter houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Almustafa say he has observed when the orator asks about freedom?
2. What does Almustafa say in the debate between whether joy or sorrow is greater?
3. What does love seek of the person who feels love?
4. What setting does Almustafa prefer for living?
5. What does Almustafa use as examples of personal space in relation to love?
6. What do people delight in, according to Almustafa, in relation to laws?
7. What does Almustafa say about clothing when the weaver asks?
8. What does sorrow do that helps a person hold more joy in their lives?
9. What does work help one to do, according to Almustafa?
10. Where do the souls of children dwell, according to Almustafa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Almustafa, victims often share guilt with their attackers, which seems to be contradictory to what society thinks about the criminals and their victims. Do you think Almustafa's opinion holds any validity? Why or why not? What does this mean for the way that victims and attackers are treated? Does our legal system support this sort of idea?
Essay Topic 2
When Almustafa talks about clothing, it seems he thinks that everyone should be nude all the time. Do you think he meant something else entirely? What do you think he meant, and how could you adapt this advice to the modern world and its laws and societal rules?
Essay Topic 3
Digging for roots can yield treasure - what does Almustafa mean by this? What are some ways that a modern person can use this lesson in their everyday life? Can you cite an example from your own life in which this has come to fruition or an example of something that can be changed by following Almustafa's idea?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)