|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Yesterday is today's _________.
2. The wellspring of the soul must flow to where in order for the depths to be revealed?
(a) To the rivers
(b) To the land
(c) To the other people
(d) To the sea
3. While being a solver of riddles, what can one not do?
(a) Know themselves
(b) Know the truth
(c) Know God.
(d) Know the answers
4. Who asks Almustafa about friendship?
(a) A couple
(b) A grown man
(c) A priest
(d) A youth
5. People want to direct the course of the spirit by hours and seasons, as though it were what?
(a) A ship.
(b) A flowing stream.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A calendar.
Short Answer Questions
1. One can not speak of beauty unless __________ is the weaver of one's speech.
2. Who transmits faith and lovingness and leads students to the threshold of their own mind?
3. Almustafa says that pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses what?
4. What can friends be and still share their thoughts, desires, expectations and joy?
5. Who is everyone's need and giver of all?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Almustafa describe evil? How does he define it?
2. What is the only purpose of friendship?
3. How does Almustafa describe religion?
4. Much of one's talking does what, according to Almustafa?
5. How does Almustafa describe time?
6. What can one person's vision unable to do, according to Almustafa?
7. What does Almustafa claim when evening falls and Almitra blesses the day, the place, and Almustafa's words?
8. Why should all people be taken in, according to Almustafa?
9. What is the reaction of the people when Almustafa does not accept the gifts of the Orphalese?
10. How does Almustafa describe friendship when a youth asks?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)