|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Life and death are ________.
(a) Complete opposites
2. Who should direct the lips and tongue to speak the truth of the heart?
(a) The soul.
(b) The spirit.
(c) The heart.
(d) The mind.
3. Who asks Almustafa about beauty?
(a) The merchant
(b) The mother
(c) The mason
(d) The poet
4. People want to direct the course of the spirit by hours and seasons, as though it were what?
(a) A ship.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A flowing stream.
(d) A calendar.
5. Who asks Almustafa about pleasure?
(a) A poet
(b) A merchant
(c) A mason
(d) A hermit
Short Answer Questions
1. Much of one's talking leaves what half-murdered?
2. What is boundless?
3. Reason confines, while unattended passion ________.
4. Beauty is not a need, but a what?
5. Who blesses the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Almustafa describe evil? How does he define it?
2. What is the reaction of the people when Almustafa does not accept the gifts of the Orphalese?
3. Who can those desiring to learn about pleasure take a lesson from, aside from Almustafa?
4. What does Almustafa claim when evening falls and Almitra blesses the day, the place, and Almustafa's words?
5. What do people's hearts already know, according to Almustafa?
6. Much of one's talking does what, according to Almustafa?
7. Since one should not speak about finding "the" truth, what should a person do?
8. How does Almustafa describe friendship when a youth asks?
9. What can one person's vision unable to do, according to Almustafa?
10. How does Almustafa describe religion?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)