|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is only good tortured by its own hunger and thirst?
2. Only on the ____________ does one begin to climb.
3. Who asks Almustafa about friendship?
(a) A couple
(b) A grown man
(c) A priest
(d) A youth
4. What is self-chosen, according to Almustafa?
(a) The good things that people have
(b) The land around them
(c) The infidelity of one's marraige
(d) Much of one's pain
5. Who asks Almustafa about pleasure?
(a) A merchant
(b) A mason
(c) A poet
(d) A hermit
Short Answer Questions
1. The soul walks upon all paths, but not on a _______.
2. What is the harp of the soul?
3. When will the snow bound beauty leap upon the hills come spring?
4. People want to direct the course of the spirit by hours and seasons, as though it were what?
5. One must know pain in order to see what in one's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why must one know pain, according to Almustafa?
2. How does Almustafa describe evil? How does he define it?
3. What can happen when one goes digging for roots, according to Almustafa?
4. What do people's hearts already know, according to Almustafa?
5. While Almustafa compares the soul to a battlefield, what does he wish his role in this conflict to be?
6. Since one should not speak about finding "the" truth, what should a person do?
7. Who can those desiring to learn about pleasure take a lesson from, aside from Almustafa?
8. To what does Almustafa compare time?
9. How should judgment and appetite be treated, according to Almustafa?
10. What is the only purpose of friendship?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)