|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Almustafa envy as they enjoy peace and freedom?
(a) The mariners
(b) The politicians
(c) The poets
(d) The animals
2. Who asks Almustafa about buying and selling?
(a) An innkeeper
(b) A merchant
(c) A young sailor
(d) A man
3. How does Almustafa feel about boarding the ship?
4. Who should leave the marketplace empty handed?
(b) The poor
(c) No one
5. Breaking laws is like children who build ________________, only to smash them with glee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Recipients should assume no weight of ____________, which is heavy on both, but rather soar alongside the giver.
2. People are suspended on _________ between joy and sorrow.
3. What lies no higher than the lowest foundation of stones of a temple?
4. When are people balanced between joy and sorrow?
5. What is the loom upon which the north wind weaves clothing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that Almustafa can not speak?
2. What does the exchanging of gifts do for people, according to Almustafa?
3. Why do people guard their possessions, according to Almustafa?
4. What else should be weighed in a wife's infidelity?
5. No matter how grand one's house is, what does Almustafa say the owner should do?
6. What do some say about birth and about the flesh?
7. What does Almustafa say he has observed when the orator asks about freedom?
8. Where do the souls of children dwell, according to Almustafa?
9. What does sorrow do that helps a person hold more joy in their lives?
10. What does Almustafa have to say about children in relation to their parents?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)