|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the person who asks about giving?
(a) A rich man
(b) A dying elder
(c) A new mother
(d) A poet
2. What is not included in the explanation of #27 when Almustafa speaks?
(a) Trees in the forest
(b) Pillars of the temple
(c) Strings of a lute
(d) Wings of a bird
3. Almustafa says the people will not want, provided they know how to _____________.
(a) Make more money
(b) Fill their hands
(c) Share with others
(d) Enjoy what they own
4. Where would Almustafa scatter houses?
(a) In fields and meadows.
(b) In the air.
(c) Around the center of the city.
(d) Along the water.
5. What does the earth delight in?
(a) New plants
(c) Bare feet
(d) Soft textures
Short Answer Questions
1. People are free when they can rise above their _________________.
2. Who is the person that asks about work?
3. People are suspended on _________ between joy and sorrow.
4. Who often shares guilt with their attackers?
5. Marriage should never what?
Short Essay Questions
1. To those who view life as a rock, what does Almustafa say?
2. What does work help one to do, according to Almustafa?
3. No matter how grand one's house is, what does Almustafa say the owner should do?
4. What is it good to do, in relation to the topic of giving?
5. What does Almustafa wish that people could live on instead of food and drink?
6. What does Almustafa think about crime and punishment?
7. Who does Almustafa say has useful gifts to sell?
8. Who is the seer that understands the answer to Almustafa's longing for his homeland?
9. What does love seek of the person who feels love?
10. Who is the chosen and the beloved who is giving the lessons throughout The Prophet?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)