|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not have a useful gift to sell?
2. What does love beckon them along?
(a) A new adventure.
(b) Hard, steep ways.
(c) A colorful field.
(d) A lonely road.
3. Who asks Almustafa about buying and selling?
(a) A young sailor
(b) An innkeeper
(c) A man
(d) A merchant
4. Who proclaims their love to Almustafa?
(a) His children
(b) His wife
(d) The priests and priestesses
5. What does Almitra want Almustafa to speak of first?
Short Answer Questions
1. Darkness creates a blind urge for what?
2. When one eats an apple, what lives in his body?
3. What does love NOT do?
4. Love seeks only to rest at what time of the day?
5. Those who give with pain are ____________ in that pain.
Short Essay Questions
1. No matter how grand one's house is, what does Almustafa say the owner should do?
2. What other things does love do, according to Almustafa?
3. Who is the chosen and the beloved who is giving the lessons throughout The Prophet?
4. What do people delight in, according to Almustafa, in relation to laws?
5. What does the exchanging of gifts do for people, according to Almustafa?
6. What is the one thing that Almustafa can not speak?
7. What does Almustafa use as examples of personal space in relation to love?
8. To those who view life as a rock, what does Almustafa say?
9. What does Almustafa say to Almitra about marriage?
10. What do some say about birth and about the flesh?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)