|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Almitra want Almustafa to speak of first?
2. Who asks Almustafa about clothes?
(a) A weaver
(b) An innkeeper
(c) A poet
(d) A mason
3. Breaking laws is like children who build ________________, only to smash them with glee.
4. What happens when sorrow carves deep into one's being?
(a) The person is doing something wrong.
(b) The pain is unbearable.
(c) The world is a better place.
(d) More joy can be contained.
5. What can Almustafa not speak to the Orphalese people?
(a) His innermost secret
(c) A certain verse
(d) Casual slang
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Almustafa prefer - country or urban living?
2. Children already have thoughts of their _______.
3. When are people balanced between joy and sorrow?
4. What becomes a harness and a chain?
5. What does Almustafa describe as a yoke and a handcuff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does love seek of the person who feels love?
2. What does Almustafa use as examples of personal space in relation to love?
3. What setting does Almustafa prefer for living?
4. Who is the seer that understands the answer to Almustafa's longing for his homeland?
5. What does the exchanging of gifts do for people, according to Almustafa?
6. What does work help one to do, according to Almustafa?
7. Who is the chosen and the beloved who is giving the lessons throughout The Prophet?
8. When a man gathers grapes, what does Almustafa say the man must realize?
9. To those who view life as a rock, what does Almustafa say?
10. What does sorrow do that helps a person hold more joy in their lives?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)