|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Almustafa about time?
(a) A mason.
(b) An astronomer.
(c) A merchant.
(d) A sailor.
2. Whose pleasure is it to yield the honey to the bee?
(a) The honeycomb
(b) The flower
(c) The worker bees
(d) The beekeeper
3. Those who wear _________ as their best cloak are better off naked.
4. Who asks Almustafa about pleasure?
(a) A merchant
(b) A poet
(c) A hermit
(d) A mason
5. What is a window that can be open or shut?
6. People should pray when ____________.
(a) Life is painful.
(b) Life is too much.
(c) Life is teaching them something.
(d) Life is joyful and abundant.
7. While being a solver of riddles, what can one not do?
(a) Know themselves
(b) Know the answers
(c) Know the truth
(d) Know God.
8. Almustafa wishes he could be a ___________.
(a) Store owner.
9. One's hopes and desires contain what of the beyond?
(a) The silent truths
(b) The revelations
(c) A silent knowledge
(d) The mysteries
10. Where can people seek death's secret?
(a) In the rays of dawn.
(b) In the darkest cave.
(c) In the dirt.
(d) In the heart of life.
11. Life and death are ________.
(c) Complete opposites
12. People want to direct the course of the spirit by hours and seasons, as though it were what?
(a) A flowing stream.
(b) A calendar.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A ship.
13. What is one's temple and religion?
(a) Your family's beliefs
(b) Whatever the government decides
(c) Depends on where you live
(d) Daily life
14. The physician's hand may be heavy and hard, but the tender hand of the ________ guides it.
15. When a friend speaks _________, one fears saying neither yea not nay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do many people seek out the talkative?
2. What can friends be and still share their thoughts, desires, expectations and joy?
3. Who bids Almustafa to leave?
4. What does Almustafa claim to have been during this day?
5. What is the harp of the soul?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)