|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Almustafa says that work helps one keep pace with the _________ of the earth.
2. What does Almustafa describe as a yoke and a handcuff?
3. Love neither _______ nor ________.
(a) Comes, goes
(b) Gives, takes
(c) Believes, disagrees
(d) Answers, asks
4. Who is the person that asks about work?
(a) A poet
(b) A ploughman
(c) A young man
(d) An innkeeper
5. Parents may give children their love, but not their __________.
6. The cup that holds one's wine is burned where?
(a) In the potter's oven.
(b) In a fire.
(c) In a quiet place.
(d) In the hands of God.
7. Who is the seer?
(b) The ship
(d) The Beloved
8. Love seeks only to rest at what time of the day?
(b) At noon.
(c) In the evening.
(d) In the morning.
9. Why should people live in country areas?
(a) To enjoy the fragrance of the earth in thier clothing.
(b) To get away from the city's pollution.
(c) To find quiet.
(d) To learn how to live off the land.
10. When one faces the sun, images drawn on the __________ mean nothing.
11. What does Almustafa prefer - country or urban living?
12. What keeps Almustafa from speaking at first?
(d) He's mute
13. People shall be together, even after ________.
(a) A bad day
(b) They stop loving each other
(d) The laundry
14. What has Almustafa NOT been to the people of the city?
(b) Seeker of silence
15. According to Almustafa, people delight in laying down laws, and more so in _________ them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Almustafa about clothes?
2. How can one describe love?
3. What does Almustafa say that clothing conceals?
4. When one eats an apple, what lives in his body?
5. One must laugh and weep, but empty one's self to ___________?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)