|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Parents may give children their love, but not their __________.
2. Who is the seer?
(a) The Beloved
(b) The ship
3. Who is the chosen and the beloved?
(b) The Seer
4. What does Almustafa say that clothing conceals?
5. The house is one's larger body and never without ____________.
6. Despots can not be dethroned without destroying the _______ that people erect within themselves.
7. When one eats an apple, what lives in his body?
(a) A tree.
(b) A core.
(c) A longing.
8. Who begs Almustafa to remain?
(a) The people
(b) The elders
(c) The prophets
(d) The animals
9. What happens when sorrow carves deep into one's being?
(a) The world is a better place.
(b) The pain is unbearable.
(c) More joy can be contained.
(d) The person is doing something wrong.
10. Children already have thoughts of their _______.
11. What does Almitra understand about Almustafa?
(a) His need for gifts.
(b) His longing for his homeland.
(c) His language.
(d) His hatred of the city.
12. Where should people strive to be?
(a) In the favor of friends.
(b) In a nice home.
(c) In the heart of God.
(d) In a loving relationship.
13. Who asks Almustafa about eating and drinking?
(a) A statesman
(b) A new resturant owner
(c) An aged innkeeper
(d) A young boy
14. Work is not a _________ and __________.
(a) Necessity, requirement
(b) Joy, adventure.
(c) Blessing, spiritual act.
(d) Curse, misfortune.
15. Who should leave the marketplace empty handed?
(b) No one
(c) The poor
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks Almustafa about clothes?
2. One must laugh and weep, but empty one's self to ___________?
3. Where is this story located?
4. What does Almustafa describe as a yoke and a handcuff?
5. What does the earth delight in?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)