1. Who is the chosen and the beloved who is giving the lessons throughout The Prophet?
Almustafa is the teacher, the chosen, and the beloved, who the people of Orphalese turn to as he begins his departure to the afterlife.
2. Who is the seer that understands the answer to Almustafa's longing for his homeland?
Almitra is the seer who realizes that Almustafa just wants to go home.
3. What four things has Almustafa been to the people of Orphalese?
He has been a harp, a flame, a seeker of silence, and a guardian of the night.
4. What is the one thing that Almustafa can not speak?
Almustafa can not speak his innermost secret.
5. What does Almustafa declare about love?
He declares that love beckons them along hard, steep ways.
6. What other things does love do, according to Almustafa?
Love crowns and crucifies, grows and prunes, ascends and descends, gathers, threshes, sifts, grinds, kneads, and forms people into sacred bread.
This section contains 1,691 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)