Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
"The Coming of the Ship" Abstract
* Almustafa waits 12 years in Orphalese for a ship to take him home.
* When he sees the ship, he feels bittersweet, but knows he needs to board.
* He envies mariners who enjoy peace and freedom.
* People flock to see him off.
* Almustafa has an innermost secret he can not...
This section contains 1,995 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)