|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reuven's father's response to Reuven's meetings with Kalman?
(a) He is grateful.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He does not know about them.
(d) He is frustrated and saddened.
2. What has Michael asked?
(a) To emigrate to Israel.
(b) To see Rachel.
(c) To be allowed to leave the treatment center and make his own way in the world.
(d) To see Reuven.
3. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
(a) Rachel Gordon.
(b) A Christian girl.
(c) A reformed Jewish woman.
(d) No one.
4. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
(a) The Jews having had so much previous Talmudic work destroyed during WWII.
(b) Any scholar's insistence on breaking from traditional methods of interpretation.
(c) No having a definitive authority since WWII.
(d) David Malter's claims that there are errors in the transcriptions of the Talmud.
5. What does Danny tell Reuven about Kalman?
(a) Kalman has said disturbing things about Reuven.
(b) Kalman is speaking next week at the theological seminar.
(c) Kalman has written a review of David Malter's book.
(d) Kalman has become engaged.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
2. Who does Michael talk about?
3. With whom does Greenfield argue?
4. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
5. What does Kalman say he cannot do?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what is Reuven's father happy?
2. Describe the altercation between Kalman and Greenfield.
3. Describe Abe Greenfield and his problem at opening of Chapter 8.
4. What happens when Reuven goes in to Michael's room to see him after the fire?
5. What do Danny, Rachel, Reuven and Eileen go to see and what is their response?
6. What does Kalman think about Reuven as his student?
7. What does Danny think about isolation and what does Danny want Reuven to do?
8. What is the essential argument of the second part of Rav Kalman's article attacking David Malter's book?
9. What does Kalman say to Reuven about his smicha exam?
10. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss when Reuven visits him?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)