|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
(a) They base their research on different texts.
(b) They use different interpretive methods.
(c) They base their research on the same texts but different editions.
(d) One takes an academic approach and one takes a literal approach.
2. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
(a) No one.
(b) A reformed Jewish woman.
(c) Rachel Gordon.
(d) A Christian girl.
3. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
4. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
(a) Any scholar's insistence on breaking from traditional methods of interpretation.
(b) David Malter's claims that there are errors in the transcriptions of the Talmud.
(c) No having a definitive authority since WWII.
(d) The Jews having had so much previous Talmudic work destroyed during WWII.
5. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
(a) That Reuven would be hurt.
(b) That her uncle would say no.
(c) That he would want to bring their children up in the same fashion in which he was raised.
(d) That Michael would be hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
2. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
3. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
4. Who does Reuven visit after speaking with Kalman?
5. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)