|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
(a) He has been ill.
(b) He had a major final in another class.
(c) His father forbids him to attend seminary any longer.
(d) He is prepared.
2. Against what does Kalman fight?
(a) The exclusion of Reuven in the group of examinees.
(b) The formation of a rabbinics department.
(c) The inclusion of Reuven in the group of examinees.
(d) Allowing Professor Gordon to guest lecture at his school.
3. Why does Michael think his father exhausts himself?
(a) To feel good about his life.
(b) To find a cure for Michael.
(c) To save religion.
(d) To prove God exists.
4. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
(a) Kalman's apology to Greenfield.
(b) Kalman's announcement about his teacher.
(c) Kalman's humility.
(d) Kalman's behavior towards Professor Gordon.
5. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
(a) Rav Gershenson.
(b) David Malter.
(c) Reuven Malter.
(d) Professor Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reuven's father's response to Reuven's meetings with Kalman?
2. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
3. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
4. Where does Michael go when Reuven goes in the house?
5. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Michael's recent disturbing behavior and what precipitated Michael's actions?
2. What small breakthrough happens with Michael, and what does his mother want?
3. What is the essential argument of the second part of Rav Kalman's article attacking David Malter's book?
4. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss when Reuven visits him?
5. What does Danny give Michael and what does Michael say about it to Reuven?
6. Describe Abe Greenfield and his problem at opening of Chapter 8.
7. What does Michael say about Rav Kalman's article?
8. What does Kalman say to Reuven about his smicha exam?
9. What does Reuven tell his father about his meetings with Rav Kalman and what is David Malter's response?
10. What do Reuven and Gordon discuss when they meet in this chapter?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)