|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Reuven talk about Michael's actions?
(a) His father.
(b) Just Danny.
(c) A new psychiatrist at the hospital.
(d) Mary and Danny.
2. Against what does Kalman fight?
(a) Allowing Professor Gordon to guest lecture at his school.
(b) The formation of a rabbinics department.
(c) The exclusion of Reuven in the group of examinees.
(d) The inclusion of Reuven in the group of examinees.
3. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
(a) His father forbids him to attend seminary any longer.
(b) He is prepared.
(c) He had a major final in another class.
(d) He has been ill.
4. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
(b) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
(c) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
(d) That Kalman apologized to a student.
5. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
(a) Orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
(b) The physical and spiritual worlds.
(c) Zeal and apathy.
(d) Hot and cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
2. What is Reuven's opinion about the proposed treatment for Michael?
3. What is Reb Saunders happy to think about the Gordon family?
4. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
5. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the altercation between Kalman and Greenfield.
2. What does Michael say about Rav Kalman's article?
3. What does Michael do when Reuven says he is going inside because he is cold?
4. What does Reuven argue at his smicha exam and why is that upsetting to Kalman and Gershenson?
5. What small breakthrough happens with Michael, and what does his mother want?
6. How is David Malter's recent book release still affecting the community?
7. About what is Reuven's father happy?
8. What do Reuven and Gordon discuss when they meet in this chapter?
9. Describe Abe Greenfield and his problem at opening of Chapter 8.
10. What does Reuven think about the reason for orthodox Jews to become so stubborn?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)