|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
(a) Finite mathematics.
(c) Advanced calculus.
2. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
(a) No one.
(b) Rachel Gordon.
(c) A reformed Jewish woman.
(d) A Christian girl.
3. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
(a) They base their research on the same texts but different editions.
(b) One takes an academic approach and one takes a literal approach.
(c) They use different interpretive methods.
(d) They base their research on different texts.
4. What does Reuven continue to do with Rav Kalman?
(a) Explain David Malter's book.
(b) Argue with Rav Kalman about the existence of God.
(c) Read obscure textual commentaries.
(d) Try to get Rachel Gordon to date him.
5. To whom does Kalman apologize?
(a) Professor Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
2. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
3. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
4. Where is Reuven summoned at the end of the chapter?
5. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Reuven goes in to Michael's room to see him after the fire?
2. What does Michael say about Rav Kalman's article?
3. What is the impact of David Malter's book and Kalman's ensuing article on the Yeshiva where David teaches?
4. What is the difference in scholarly approaches between Kalman and Reuven's father.
5. What does Danny's father want to learn and what is his reaction when Reuven tells him?
6. What does Reuven think about the reason for orthodox Jews to become so stubborn?
7. Describe Abe Greenfield and his problem at opening of Chapter 8.
8. What do Reuven and Gordon discuss when they meet in this chapter?
9. What does Reuven argue at his smicha exam and why is that upsetting to Kalman and Gershenson?
10. About what is Reuven's father happy?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)