|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny give Michael?
(a) A copy of the article Kalman writes about David Malter's book.
(b) A request to meet with another doctor.
(c) A weekend pass to go home.
(d) An invitation to a debate.
2. Why does Michael think his father exhausts himself?
(a) To find a cure for Michael.
(b) To save religion.
(c) To feel good about his life.
(d) To prove God exists.
3. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
(a) Reuven Malter.
(b) David Malter.
(c) Professor Gordon.
(d) Rav Gershenson.
4. What does Michael talk about in the field of astronomy?
(a) The universe as god's playground.
(b) The North Star.
(c) The new galaxies born every minute.
(d) Red giants and white dwarfs.
5. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
(a) Hot and cold.
(b) Zeal and apathy.
(c) Orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
(d) The physical and spiritual worlds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What languages are difficult for Kalman in reading David Malter's book?
2. Who is Abe Greenfield?
3. What does Reuven feel caught between in the religious community?
4. What does Reuven resist that Michael is saying?
5. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss when Reuven visits him?
2. What does Reuven argue at his smicha exam and why is that upsetting to Kalman and Gershenson?
3. What do Reuven and Gordon discuss when they meet in this chapter?
4. What does Kalman think about Reuven as his student?
5. How is David Malter's recent book release still affecting the community?
6. What does Danny's father want to learn and what is his reaction when Reuven tells him?
7. What happens when Reuven goes in to Michael's room to see him after the fire?
8. Describe the altercation between Kalman and Greenfield.
9. What do Danny, Rachel, Reuven and Eileen go to see and what is their response?
10. What is Michael's recent disturbing behavior and what precipitated Michael's actions?
This section contains 985 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)