|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) The Frankel library.
(b) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(c) A sailboat on the East River.
(d) Professor Gordon's home.
2. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
(a) Take Michael home.
(b) Send him to Paris where they are successfully treating his problem.
(c) Send him to the West Coast to a successful clinic.
(d) Let them try isolation therapy on Michael..
3. What does Ruth Gordon want?
(a) Rachel to marry Danny soon.
(b) Michael to be moved to an institution.
(c) Rachel to marry Ruth's best friend's son.
(d) The experiment on Michael stopped.
4. Who does Michael talk about?
(c) Professor Gordon.
5. Who asks Danny to visit?
(a) Professor Mink.
(b) Abraham Gordon.
(c) David Malter.
(d) Rav Kalman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny give Michael?
2. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
3. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
4. With whom does Greenfield argue?
5. What film do Danny and Reuven and their dates go to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Michael's recent disturbing behavior and what precipitated Michael's actions?
2. What does Danny think about isolation and what does Danny want Reuven to do?
3. What happens when Reuven goes in to Michael's room to see him after the fire?
4. What do Danny, Rachel, Reuven and Eileen go to see and what is their response?
5. What does Michael do when Reuven says he is going inside because he is cold?
6. What is the difference in scholarly approaches between Kalman and Reuven's father.
7. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss when Reuven visits him?
8. Describe the altercation between Kalman and Greenfield.
9. What does Danny tell Reuven and what is Reuven's reaction?
10. What explanation does Kalman offer for his attack on Greenfield the day before in class?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)