|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David Malter react to the article Kalman writes about Malter's book?
2. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
(a) Kalman believes Reuven is misguided by his father.
(b) Kalman thinks Reuven would be better as a hands-on Rabbi rather than a theoretical one.
(c) Kalman does not know what to do with Reuven.
(d) Kalman thinks Reuven is not suited to being a Rabbi.
3. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They have serious reservations.
(b) They think it is poorly written.
(c) They think it is heretical.
(d) They love it.
4. What does Reuven notice about his father?
(a) He seems depressed and sick.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) He seems more optimistic.
(d) He is moving on to other projects.
5. Where is Reuven at the opening of Chapter 9?
(a) In the Frankel library.
(b) In another of Rav Kalman's classes.
(c) With Danny.
(d) With Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Danny and Michael discuss at the opening to Chapter 12?
2. How does Reuven's father encourage Reuven to act towards Kalman?
3. Where does Michael go when Reuven goes in the house?
4. What does Danny give Michael?
5. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the essential argument of the second part of Rav Kalman's article attacking David Malter's book?
2. What does Danny's father want to learn and what is his reaction when Reuven tells him?
3. What does Reuven tell his father about his meetings with Rav Kalman and what is David Malter's response?
4. What do Danny, Rachel, Reuven and Eileen go to see and what is their response?
5. About what is Reuven's father happy?
6. What is the difference in scholarly approaches between Kalman and Reuven's father.
7. What small breakthrough happens with Michael, and what does his mother want?
8. What do Reuven and Gordon discuss when they meet in this chapter?
9. What does Danny think about isolation and what does Danny want Reuven to do?
10. What does Danny give Michael and what does Michael say about it to Reuven?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)