|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kalman ask Reuven to stay after class?
(a) To ask him to do some research for Kalman.
(b) To give him an extra assignment.
(c) To tell him he is recommending expulsion from the seminary.
(d) To ask Reuven about Reuven father's book.
2. Why is Michael taken away?
(a) For screaming obscenities at other patients.
(b) For slapping Rachel.
(c) For setting a fire and cutting Reuven.
(d) For trying to slit his wrists.
3. Why does Michael think his father exhausts himself?
(a) To save religion.
(b) To find a cure for Michael.
(c) To prove God exists.
(d) To feel good about his life.
4. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
(a) A letter from Rachel to Danny.
(b) A letter from Michael to his father.
(c) The second half of Kalman's article about David Malter's book.
(d) A note from Rav Kalman to him.
5. What does Danny say about Kotzker Rebbe?
(a) He is delusional.
(b) He is heroic.
(c) He is isolated.
(d) He is demonic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
2. What is going on with Michael during this time?
3. To whom does Reuven talk about Michael's actions?
4. What is Reuven's opinion about the proposed treatment for Michael?
5. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Reb Saunders tell Reuven and what does Reuven do?
2. What does Reuven argue at his smicha exam and why is that upsetting to Kalman and Gershenson?
3. What does Reuven think about the reason for orthodox Jews to become so stubborn?
4. What does Reuven tell his father about his meetings with Rav Kalman and what is David Malter's response?
5. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss when Reuven visits him?
6. What does Michael say about Rav Kalman's article?
7. Describe the altercation between Kalman and Greenfield.
8. What do Danny, Rachel, Reuven and Eileen go to see and what is their response?
9. What do Reuven and Gordon discuss when they meet in this chapter?
10. Describe Abe Greenfield and his problem at opening of Chapter 8.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)