|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They think it is poorly written.
(b) They love it.
(c) They have serious reservations.
(d) They think it is heretical.
2. Why does Kalman ask Reuven to stay after class?
(a) To ask Reuven about Reuven father's book.
(b) To ask him to do some research for Kalman.
(c) To give him an extra assignment.
(d) To tell him he is recommending expulsion from the seminary.
3. What does Rav Kalman ask during Reuven's oral exams?
(a) He refuses to ask Reuven a question.
(b) To show the relation between two Jewish sects.
(c) To explain David's book.
(d) A question that is not supposed to be asked.
4. What is Reb Saunders happy to think about the Gordon family?
(a) They are willing to stand up for their beliefs.
(b) They are well educated.
(c) They are wealthy.
(d) They observe the commandments.
5. What does Michael talk about in the field of astronomy?
(a) The universe as god's playground.
(b) Red giants and white dwarfs.
(c) The North Star.
(d) The new galaxies born every minute.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
2. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
3. What does Reuven feel caught between in the religious community?
4. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
5. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)