|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Danny and Michael discuss at the opening to Chapter 12?
(a) Why the orthodox Jews are so rigid.
(b) How to sail in a heavy wind.
(c) Michael's treatment and situation.
(d) Michael's future career.
2. What does Rav Kalman ask during Reuven's oral exams?
(a) He refuses to ask Reuven a question.
(b) To show the relation between two Jewish sects.
(c) To explain David's book.
(d) A question that is not supposed to be asked.
3. Where is Reuven summoned at the end of the chapter?
(a) To visit a Yeshiva in Israel as a guest lecturer.
(b) To visit the foremost Rabbi alive at the time.
(c) To see Michael.
(d) To meet with two other Yeshivas who have job offers.
4. What does Danny tell Reuven about Kalman?
(a) Kalman is speaking next week at the theological seminar.
(b) Kalman has said disturbing things about Reuven.
(c) Kalman has become engaged.
(d) Kalman has written a review of David Malter's book.
5. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
(a) His father.
(b) He does not mention from where he learns the Torah.
(c) One of the greatest teachers of the Torah in the world.
(d) He is self taught.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
2. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
3. What does Michael perceive about many things?
4. What has Michael asked?
5. Where does Reuven go after Kalman's class?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the essential argument of the second part of Rav Kalman's article attacking David Malter's book?
2. Describe Abe Greenfield and his problem at opening of Chapter 8.
3. What does Reuven tell his father about his meetings with Rav Kalman and what is David Malter's response?
4. What do Reuven and Gordon discuss when they meet in this chapter?
5. About what is Reuven's father happy?
6. What happens when Reuven goes in to Michael's room to see him after the fire?
7. What does Reuven think about the reason for orthodox Jews to become so stubborn?
8. What do Reuven and Professor Gordon discuss when Reuven visits him?
9. What does Michael do when Reuven says he is going inside because he is cold?
10. What is Michael's recent disturbing behavior and what precipitated Michael's actions?
This section contains 1,043 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)