|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny give Michael?
(a) A request to meet with another doctor.
(b) A copy of the article Kalman writes about David Malter's book.
(c) A weekend pass to go home.
(d) An invitation to a debate.
2. Against what does Kalman fight?
(a) The formation of a rabbinics department.
(b) The exclusion of Reuven in the group of examinees.
(c) Allowing Professor Gordon to guest lecture at his school.
(d) The inclusion of Reuven in the group of examinees.
3. What does Kalman say to Reuven in class?
(a) Only what is relevant to the daily lesson.
(c) He acts as though nothing is different.
(d) He apologizes for his article about Reuven's father's book.
4. What does Michael say to a nurse?
(a) He is abandoning Judaism.
(b) He is leaving the United States.
(c) He knows what he must do.
(d) He is never going to talk to his father again.
5. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
(a) Kalman's humility.
(b) Kalman's behavior towards Professor Gordon.
(c) Kalman's announcement about his teacher.
(d) Kalman's apology to Greenfield.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael still refuse to do?
2. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
3. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
4. What is Reb Saunders happy to think about the Gordon family?
5. What surprises Reuven's father?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)