|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
(a) He does not mention from where he learns the Torah.
(b) He is self taught.
(c) His father.
(d) One of the greatest teachers of the Torah in the world.
2. What does Danny say about Kotzker Rebbe?
(a) He is delusional.
(b) He is isolated.
(c) He is heroic.
(d) He is demonic.
3. Why does Michael think his father exhausts himself?
(a) To prove God exists.
(b) To feel good about his life.
(c) To find a cure for Michael.
(d) To save religion.
4. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
(a) Rav Gershenson.
(b) Professor Gordon.
(c) Reuven Malter.
(d) David Malter.
5. Why does Kalman ask Reuven to stay after class?
(a) To tell him he is recommending expulsion from the seminary.
(b) To give him an extra assignment.
(c) To ask him to do some research for Kalman.
(d) To ask Reuven about Reuven father's book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
2. What does Reuven take Danny on Friday?
3. What does Rav Kalman ask during Reuven's oral exams?
4. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
5. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kalman say to Reuven about his smicha exam?
2. What does Danny think about isolation and what does Danny want Reuven to do?
3. What happens when Reuven goes in to Michael's room to see him after the fire?
4. What does Danny's father want to learn and what is his reaction when Reuven tells him?
5. What does Michael do when Reuven says he is going inside because he is cold?
6. What does Danny give Michael and what does Michael say about it to Reuven?
7. What is the essential argument of the second part of Rav Kalman's article attacking David Malter's book?
8. What small breakthrough happens with Michael, and what does his mother want?
9. What does Danny tell Reuven and what is Reuven's reaction?
10. What is Michael's recent disturbing behavior and what precipitated Michael's actions?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)