|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What enrages Michael and causes him to organize a group of boys to try to get out of the treatment center?
(a) Danny telling Michael he is to be institutionalized.
(b) Learning that Professor Gordon has conceded many issues to the orthodoxy.
(c) Professor Gordon telling Michael he will be disinherited.
(d) Michael learning that Danny and Rachel are involved romantically.
2. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They think it is heretical.
(b) They love it.
(c) They think it is poorly written.
(d) They have serious reservations.
3. What does Danny tell Reuven about Kalman?
(a) Kalman is speaking next week at the theological seminar.
(b) Kalman has become engaged.
(c) Kalman has written a review of David Malter's book.
(d) Kalman has said disturbing things about Reuven.
4. Who is Abe Greenfield?
(a) Danny's cousin.
(b) The young man Rachel is dating.
(c) A student in Reuven's class at seminary.
(d) A friend with whom Reuven is sailing.
5. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
(a) The second half of Kalman's article about David Malter's book.
(b) A note from Rav Kalman to him.
(c) A letter from Michael to his father.
(d) A letter from Rachel to Danny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
2. What does Rav Kalman ask during Reuven's oral exams?
3. What film do Danny and Reuven and their dates go to see?
4. What has Michael asked?
5. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Danny tell Reuven and what is Reuven's reaction?
2. What explanation does Kalman offer for his attack on Greenfield the day before in class?
3. What does Reuven tell his father about his meetings with Rav Kalman and what is David Malter's response?
4. What does Danny think about isolation and what does Danny want Reuven to do?
5. What does Reuven think about the reason for orthodox Jews to become so stubborn?
6. Describe the altercation between Kalman and Greenfield.
7. What does Danny's father want to learn and what is his reaction when Reuven tells him?
8. What happens when Reuven goes in to Michael's room to see him after the fire?
9. What does Danny give Michael and what does Michael say about it to Reuven?
10. About what is Reuven's father happy?
This section contains 1,025 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)