|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Reuven's father's response to Reuven's meetings with Kalman?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is grateful.
(c) He is frustrated and saddened.
(d) He does not know about them.
2. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
(a) Advanced calculus.
(b) Finite mathematics.
3. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
(a) Take Michael home.
(b) Send him to the West Coast to a successful clinic.
(c) Send him to Paris where they are successfully treating his problem.
(d) Let them try isolation therapy on Michael..
4. Where is David Malter offered a position?
(b) At the Frankel Seminary.
(c) He does not want a new position.
(d) At the Yeshiva where Professor Gordon teaches.
5. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
(a) David Malter may lose his job.
(b) The orthodox contingent at David's workplace do not know if they should approve of his book being published.
(c) More scholars are leaving orthodoxy.
(d) More scholars are moving towards orthodoxy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman say Reuven has to do before Kalman will offer his scholarly approval of Reuven?
2. Against what does Kalman fight?
3. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
4. Why is Michael taken away?
5. What is going on with Michael during this time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the altercation between Kalman and Greenfield.
2. What is the difference in scholarly approaches between Kalman and Reuven's father.
3. What small breakthrough happens with Michael, and what does his mother want?
4. What does Danny give Michael and what does Michael say about it to Reuven?
5. How is David Malter's recent book release still affecting the community?
6. What does Danny's father want to learn and what is his reaction when Reuven tells him?
7. Describe Abe Greenfield and his problem at opening of Chapter 8.
8. What do Danny, Rachel, Reuven and Eileen go to see and what is their response?
9. What does Reuven tell his father about his meetings with Rav Kalman and what is David Malter's response?
10. About what is Reuven's father happy?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)