|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
(a) Reuven Malter.
(b) Professor Gordon.
(c) David Malter.
(d) Rav Gershenson.
2. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
3. Who does Michael talk about?
(b) Professor Gordon.
4. What does Danny tell Reuven about Kalman?
(a) Kalman has written a review of David Malter's book.
(b) Kalman has said disturbing things about Reuven.
(c) Kalman is speaking next week at the theological seminar.
(d) Kalman has become engaged.
5. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
(a) They think it is heretical.
(b) They think it is poorly written.
(c) They love it.
(d) They have serious reservations.
6. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
(a) A letter from Rachel to Danny.
(b) The second half of Kalman's article about David Malter's book.
(c) A letter from Michael to his father.
(d) A note from Rav Kalman to him.
7. Where is Reuven summoned at the end of the chapter?
(a) To visit the foremost Rabbi alive at the time.
(b) To visit a Yeshiva in Israel as a guest lecturer.
(c) To meet with two other Yeshivas who have job offers.
(d) To see Michael.
8. Who does Professor Gordon want as his student?
(c) No one; he wants to quit teaching.
9. What does Reuven notice about his father?
(a) He seems more optimistic.
(b) Nothing in particular.
(c) He is moving on to other projects.
(d) He seems depressed and sick.
10. What does Michael talk about in the field of astronomy?
(a) The new galaxies born every minute.
(b) The North Star.
(c) Red giants and white dwarfs.
(d) The universe as god's playground.
11. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
(a) His father forbids him to attend seminary any longer.
(b) He had a major final in another class.
(c) He has been ill.
(d) He is prepared.
12. Where is David Malter offered a position?
(a) He does not want a new position.
(b) At the Yeshiva where Professor Gordon teaches.
(d) At the Frankel Seminary.
13. For what is Reuven preparing?
(a) His smicha examination.
(c) To visit Michael.
(d) To travel to a European Yeshiva.
14. What does Reuven resist that Michael is saying?
(a) That there is no god.
(b) That Kalman is vicious and evil.
(c) That God is not interested in Reb Kalman.
(d) That Michael should be allowed to come stay with Reuven.
15. Who is Abe Greenfield?
(a) A student in Reuven's class at seminary.
(b) Danny's cousin.
(c) A friend with whom Reuven is sailing.
(d) The young man Rachel is dating.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to David Malter, how do scribal errors influence his interpretation of texts?
2. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
3. What does Michael perceive about many things?
4. What is Reuven's father's response to Reuven's meetings with Kalman?
5. What does Michael say to a nurse?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)