|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Danny to visit?
(a) Professor Mink.
(b) Abraham Gordon.
(c) David Malter.
(d) Rav Kalman.
2. How is Michael's treatment progressing?
(a) It is going as planned.
(b) It is not productive as yet.
(c) It has cured Michael and he is going home.
(d) It has been terminated.
3. What does Danny give Michael?
(a) A copy of the article Kalman writes about David Malter's book.
(b) A request to meet with another doctor.
(c) A weekend pass to go home.
(d) An invitation to a debate.
4. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
(a) To help Reuven's father feel better.
(b) To teach a class on heterodoxy.
(c) To leave seminary.
(d) To talk to Kalman about the tension between the two.
5. What does Michael talk about in the field of astronomy?
(a) The North Star.
(b) The new galaxies born every minute.
(c) The universe as god's playground.
(d) Red giants and white dwarfs.
6. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
(a) Kalman's announcement about his teacher.
(b) Kalman's behavior towards Professor Gordon.
(c) Kalman's apology to Greenfield.
(d) Kalman's humility.
7. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) That Kalman apologized to a student.
(b) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
(c) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
(d) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
8. How does David Malter react to the article Kalman writes about Malter's book?
9. What does Reuven notice about his father?
(a) He is moving on to other projects.
(b) He seems more optimistic.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) He seems depressed and sick.
10. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
(a) Kalman does not know what to do with Reuven.
(b) Kalman thinks Reuven is not suited to being a Rabbi.
(c) Kalman believes Reuven is misguided by his father.
(d) Kalman thinks Reuven would be better as a hands-on Rabbi rather than a theoretical one.
11. What does Kalman say he cannot do?
(a) Push Reuven away.
(b) Pass Reuven.
(c) Allow Reuven's heretics to influence others.
(d) Understand Reuven.
12. Where does Michael go when Reuven goes in the house?
(a) To see Reb Kalman.
(b) To a pagoda.
(c) Back to the treatment center.
(d) To the beach.
13. What does Michael still refuse to do?
(a) Talk about himself.
(c) Admit he has a problem.
(d) Go to synagogue.
14. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
(a) A letter from Michael to his father.
(b) A letter from Rachel to Danny.
(c) The second half of Kalman's article about David Malter's book.
(d) A note from Rav Kalman to him.
15. Where does Reuven go after Kalman's class?
(a) To see Rachel.
(b) To see Michael.
(c) To talk to the Rabbi of his synogogue.
(d) To sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
2. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
3. What has Michael asked?
4. What does Reuven continue to do with Rav Kalman?
5. What does Kalman say Reuven has to do before Kalman will offer his scholarly approval of Reuven?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)