|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
(a) Send him to Paris where they are successfully treating his problem.
(b) Take Michael home.
(c) Let them try isolation therapy on Michael..
(d) Send him to the West Coast to a successful clinic.
2. Where is Reuven summoned at the end of the chapter?
(a) To visit a Yeshiva in Israel as a guest lecturer.
(b) To visit the foremost Rabbi alive at the time.
(c) To see Michael.
(d) To meet with two other Yeshivas who have job offers.
3. Where does Reuven go after Kalman's class?
(a) To see Michael.
(b) To talk to the Rabbi of his synogogue.
(c) To sail.
(d) To see Rachel.
4. Who asks Danny to visit?
(a) Rav Kalman.
(b) David Malter.
(c) Professor Mink.
(d) Abraham Gordon.
5. What does Reuven tell Danny when he returns to Danny?
(a) That Reuven told Reb Saunders about Danny's involvement with Rachel.
(b) That Reuven is not going to see Michael anymore.
(c) That Danny's father is very perturbed with Danny.
(d) That Danny's father is delighted to hear about Rachel.
6. With whom does Greenfield argue?
(b) No one.
7. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) That Kalman apologized to a student.
(b) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
(c) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
(d) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
8. Why does Michael think his father exhausts himself?
(a) To feel good about his life.
(b) To find a cure for Michael.
(c) To prove God exists.
(d) To save religion.
9. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
10. What does Reuven continue to do with Rav Kalman?
(a) Read obscure textual commentaries.
(b) Explain David Malter's book.
(c) Try to get Rachel Gordon to date him.
(d) Argue with Rav Kalman about the existence of God.
11. What languages are difficult for Kalman in reading David Malter's book?
(a) Greek and Latin.
(b) Greek and German.
(c) English and Latin.
(d) English and Greek.
12. For what is Reuven preparing?
(a) To travel to a European Yeshiva.
(c) His smicha examination.
(d) To visit Michael.
13. Who does Kalman say was his teacher of the Torah?
(a) He is self taught.
(b) He does not mention from where he learns the Torah.
(c) One of the greatest teachers of the Torah in the world.
(d) His father.
14. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
(a) Reuven Malter.
(b) David Malter.
(c) Rav Gershenson.
(d) Professor Gordon.
15. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is going on with Michael during this time?
2. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
3. What is Abe Greenfield's area of expertise?
4. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
5. What does Michael say to a nurse?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)