Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
(a) They base their research on different texts.
(b) They use different interpretive methods.
(c) They base their research on the same texts but different editions.
(d) One takes an academic approach and one takes a literal approach.
2. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
(a) No one.
(b) A reformed Jewish woman.
(c) Rachel Gordon.
(d) A Christian girl.
3. What does Reuven feel towards Kalman?
4. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
(a) Any scholar's insistence on breaking from traditional methods of interpretation.
(b) David Malter's claims that there are errors in the transcriptions of the Talmud.
(c) No having a definitive authority since WWII.
(d) The Jews having had so much previous Talmudic work destroyed during WWII.
5. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
(a) That Reuven would be hurt.
(b) That her uncle would say no.
(c) That he would want to bring their children up in the same fashion in which he was raised.
(d) That Michael would be hurt.
6. From what school is Greenfield earning his Ph.D.?
7. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
(a) Leaves the United States for his homeland.
(b) Moves to Israel.
(c) Stops coming to class.
(d) Threatens suicide.
8. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
(a) Send him to the West Coast to a successful clinic.
(b) Let them try isolation therapy on Michael..
(c) Send him to Paris where they are successfully treating his problem.
(d) Take Michael home.
9. Who does Reuven visit after speaking with Kalman?
(a) Rachel Gordon.
(b) Danny Saunders.
(c) David Malter.
10. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
(a) Because he knows he is right.
(b) Because of the horrific events of the holocaust.
(c) No one knows why.
(d) Because of the beatings by his father when Rav Kalman is young.
11. What does Kalman say to Reuven in class?
(a) Only what is relevant to the daily lesson.
(b) He acts as though nothing is different.
(c) He apologizes for his article about Reuven's father's book.
12. What does Ruth Gordon want?
(a) Rachel to marry Danny soon.
(b) The experiment on Michael stopped.
(c) Rachel to marry Ruth's best friend's son.
(d) Michael to be moved to an institution.
13. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
(b) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
(c) That Kalman apologized to a student.
(d) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
14. Who does Professor Gordon want as his student?
(b) No one; he wants to quit teaching.
15. Where does Michael go when Reuven goes in the house?
(a) To see Reb Kalman.
(b) To the beach.
(c) Back to the treatment center.
(d) To a pagoda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reuven's father's response to Reuven's meetings with Kalman?
2. What film do Danny and Reuven and their dates go to see?
3. Who asks Danny to visit?
4. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
5. What does Reuven continue to do with Rav Kalman?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)