|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does David Malter react to the article Kalman writes about Malter's book?
2. What is going on with Michael during this time?
(a) He is talking about his feelings finally.
(b) He is in a coma.
(c) He has killed himself.
(d) He is sitting silent and motionless on his mattress.
3. What does Reuven notice about his father?
(a) He seems depressed and sick.
(b) He seems more optimistic.
(c) He is moving on to other projects.
(d) Nothing in particular.
4. What does Kalman do in protest about the planned changes at his school?
(a) Threatens suicide.
(b) Moves to Israel.
(c) Leaves the United States for his homeland.
(d) Stops coming to class.
5. What surprises Reuven's father?
(a) Learning of Danny and Rachel's relationship.
(b) That Reuven is quitting seminary.
(c) That Reuven is dating Rachel seriously.
(d) That Kalman apologized to a student.
6. What does Kalman say to Reuven in class?
(a) Only what is relevant to the daily lesson.
(b) He acts as though nothing is different.
(d) He apologizes for his article about Reuven's father's book.
7. Who is Abe Greenfield?
(a) The young man Rachel is dating.
(b) A student in Reuven's class at seminary.
(c) A friend with whom Reuven is sailing.
(d) Danny's cousin.
8. What film do Danny and Reuven and their dates go to see?
(a) Death of a Salesman.
(b) King Kong.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Mutiny on the Bounty.
9. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
10. Who has been upset by Rav Kalman's article on David Malter's book?
(a) Only the most extremist at Kalman's school.
(b) The orthodox immigrant faculty where David Malter works.
(c) Most of the reformists.
(d) No one; all know it is just the usualy academic give and take.
11. What is one consequence of the orthodox reaction to Rav Kalman's article?
(a) More scholars are moving towards orthodoxy.
(b) David Malter may lose his job.
(c) The orthodox contingent at David's workplace do not know if they should approve of his book being published.
(d) More scholars are leaving orthodoxy.
12. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
(b) Finite mathematics.
(c) Advanced calculus.
13. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
(a) Kalman's apology to Greenfield.
(b) Kalman's behavior towards Professor Gordon.
(c) Kalman's humility.
(d) Kalman's announcement about his teacher.
14. With whom does Greenfield argue?
(b) No one.
15. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
(a) That Michael would be hurt.
(b) That Reuven would be hurt.
(c) That her uncle would say no.
(d) That he would want to bring their children up in the same fashion in which he was raised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
2. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
3. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
4. What has Michael asked?
5. What does Michael say to a nurse?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)