|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What film do Danny and Reuven and their dates go to see?
(a) King Kong.
(b) Mutiny on the Bounty.
(c) Pride and Prejudice.
(d) Death of a Salesman.
2. What classes does Reuven study?
(c) Religion and philosophy.
3. What does Reuven continue to do with Rav Kalman?
(a) Read obscure textual commentaries.
(b) Try to get Rachel Gordon to date him.
(c) Argue with Rav Kalman about the existence of God.
(d) Explain David Malter's book.
4. What does Reuven feel caught between in the religious community?
(a) Men who are ambitious.
(b) Men who desire power.
(c) Tradition and innovation.
(d) He does not feel caught between anything.
5. With whom does Kotzker Rebbe have disagreements?
(a) The reformed Jews.
(b) Many Hasidic sects.
(c) No one.
(d) The Zionists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
2. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
3. What do the teachers at Professor Gordon's school think about David Malter's book?
4. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
5. With whom is Reuven dissatisfied in the flashback?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)