|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
(a) Bitterness at the deaths of his teacher and friends.
(c) Love for the Torah.
2. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He decides not to return.
(b) He has never been in seminary.
(c) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(d) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
3. Of what does Kalman remind Reuven?
(a) That Professor Gordon is excommunicated.
(b) That Professor Gordon is suspected of destroying valuable documents.
(c) That Reuven is going to be a Hasidic Rabbi.
(d) That Reuven's father would not approve of Reuven's behavior.
4. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) From working so hard on a new book.
(b) From his worldwide travels.
(c) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
(d) Because he has had the flu.
5. Why is Abe Greenfield unprepared for class?
(a) He is prepared.
(b) He has been ill.
(c) His father forbids him to attend seminary any longer.
(d) He had a major final in another class.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
2. Who does Kalman believe has the authority to interpret ancient Hebrew texts?
3. What does the narrator decide to do?
4. How does Michael get a nosebleed?
5. What does Danny give Michael?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)