|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(b) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
2. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
(a) To leave seminary.
(b) To talk to Kalman about the tension between the two.
(c) To teach a class on heterodoxy.
(d) To help Reuven's father feel better.
3. When does Reuven return to seminary?
(a) He is going to sit out one semester and then go back.
(b) He decides not to return.
(c) He has never been in seminary.
(d) The Friday after Michael is taken to the treatment center.
4. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
(a) Because he has had the flu.
(b) From working so hard on a new book.
(c) From a speaking engagment in San Francisco.
(d) From his worldwide travels.
5. What does Reuven decide to teach Michael?
(a) How to read Hebrew.
(b) How to dance.
(c) How to whittle.
(d) How to sail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Reuven's opinion about the proposed treatment for Michael?
2. Who is Reuven?
3. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
4. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
5. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)