|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
(a) She types his manuscripts.
(b) She proofs his writing.
(c) She is a nurse and cares for him.
(d) She keeps track of his correspondence.
2. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
(a) No one.
(b) Rachel Gordon.
(c) A Christian girl.
(d) A reformed Jewish woman.
3. How many typographical errors does Reuven's father find in his new book?
4. Who was Nota Finkel?
(a) He was a fanatical Zionist who changed his mind about Israel.
(b) He was excommuicated in the 1800s for heresy.
(c) He was a well-known Talmudist.
(d) He quashed a secularist revolt.
5. What does Reuven continue to do with Rav Kalman?
(a) Explain David Malter's book.
(b) Argue with Rav Kalman about the existence of God.
(c) Try to get Rachel Gordon to date him.
(d) Read obscure textual commentaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
2. What concerns Rachel about the idea of marrying Danny?
3. Who has shut himself up for twenty years?
4. Who has been upset by Rav Kalman's article on David Malter's book?
5. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)