|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what does David think Kalman is acting?
(b) Bitterness at the deaths of his teacher and friends.
(d) Love for the Torah.
2. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
(a) Rav Kalman's Torah class.
(b) The Frankel library.
(c) Professor Gordon's home.
(d) A sailboat on the East River.
3. With whom does Rav Kalman have an intense argument?
(a) Rav Gershenson.
(b) David Malter.
(c) Professor Gordon.
(d) Reuven Malter.
4. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
(a) Stop rolling the dice.
(b) See a doctor.
(c) Go home to rest.
(d) Buy her a candied apple.
5. Where is the setting at the opening of the Introduction?
(a) Long Island.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What film do Danny and Reuven and their dates go to see?
3. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
4. What is one thing Danny and Reuven discuss?
5. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)