|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reuven resist that Michael is saying?
(a) That there is no god.
(b) That Kalman is vicious and evil.
(c) That Michael should be allowed to come stay with Reuven.
(d) That God is not interested in Reb Kalman.
2. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(b) The population has not increased much at all.
(c) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(d) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
3. How is Michael doing?
(a) He is fine and has been released from treatment.
(b) As well as can be expected.
(c) He has had a major breakdown.
(d) Reuven does not know.
4. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
(a) An unnamed man from Harvard.
5. Who is Abraham Gordon?
(a) The temple cantor.
(b) A man who escaped from Ravensbrook.
(c) A professor who is hated by the Jewish orthodoxy.
(d) Rachel Gorden's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
2. Why is Michael taken away?
3. Out of what class does Greenfield stalk?
4. What does Michael do that he is cheated out of?
5. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)