|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Danny and Reuven discuss?
(b) War reparations from Germany.
(d) The books on Danny's book shelves.
2. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
(a) No one.
(b) A reformed Jewish woman.
(c) A Christian girl.
(d) Rachel Gordon.
3. What do Michael and Reuven talk about as far as the clouds go?
(a) If they can support angels.
(b) If the clouds are solid in another dimension.
(c) Whether they portend a storm.
(d) What the shapes look like.
4. What surprises Kalman's Torah class?
(a) Kalman's behavior towards Professor Gordon.
(b) Kalman's humility.
(c) Kalman's apology to Greenfield.
(d) Kalman's announcement about his teacher.
5. Who is the Jewish, elderly man who comes up to Reuven, Rachel and Michael?
(a) A visiting Rabbi from Israel.
(b) The booth attendant's father.
(c) The local Rabbi.
(d) Michael's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
2. What is one adjective that describes Kalman?
3. What is the setting at the opening to Chapter 8?
4. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
5. What kind of game do Reuven, Rachel and Michael go to?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)