|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(b) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(c) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
(d) The population has not increased much at all.
2. Why are Rachel and Reuven nervous about what Michael is doing?
(a) Michael is taunting the boy who gave him a nosebleed.
(b) He might lose a lot of money.
(c) They are afraid Michael might rile up the neighborhood gangs.
(d) He is in danger of falling again.
3. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
(a) He is arrested for disrespect to a police officer.
(c) He gets a ticket.
(d) He blacks out.
4. Who was Nota Finkel?
(a) He quashed a secularist revolt.
(b) He was a well-known Talmudist.
(c) He was a fanatical Zionist who changed his mind about Israel.
(d) He was excommuicated in the 1800s for heresy.
5. Who does Michael talk about?
(a) Professor Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel Gorden?
2. What is one thing that is established in the narrator's neighborhood as it becomes more populous?
3. What does Danny say about Michael?
4. Whose class is Reuven in at the opening of Chapter 6?
5. When does Reuven return to seminary?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)