|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Danny taught about suffering by his father?
(a) Danny's father only spoke to him when studying the Talmud.
(b) Danny's father shows him pictures of bombed cities.
(c) Danny's father makes him beg at Coney Island on Saturdays.
(d) Danny's father takes him to post-WWII Germany.
2. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(b) The crusades.
(c) Peaceful negotiations.
(d) The Talmud.
3. What does Reuven read that infuriates him?
(a) A letter from Michael to his father.
(b) The second half of Kalman's article about David Malter's book.
(c) A letter from Rachel to Danny.
(d) A note from Rav Kalman to him.
4. Who is Abe Greenfield?
(a) A student in Reuven's class at seminary.
(b) A friend with whom Reuven is sailing.
(c) Danny's cousin.
(d) The young man Rachel is dating.
5. Why does Michael hate orthodox Jews?
(a) Because they are fanatics and hypocrites.
(b) Because the girl he likes father is one and he will not allow them to see each other.
(c) He does not hate them; he is fascinated with them.
(d) Because they make other Jews look unholy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
2. Who is Danny?
3. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
4. To whom does Reuven talk about Michael's actions?
5. How do David Malter and Rav Kalman differ academically?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)