|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rav Kalman ask Reuven?
(a) To talk to Kalman about the tension between the two.
(b) To teach a class on heterodoxy.
(c) To leave seminary.
(d) To help Reuven's father feel better.
2. What does Michael talk about in the field of astronomy?
(a) The North Star.
(b) The universe as god's playground.
(c) The new galaxies born every minute.
(d) Red giants and white dwarfs.
3. Who says it is not a good day to visit?
(a) Mrs. Gordon.
(b) Professor Gordon.
4. What does Kalman keep telling Reuven as far as Reuven himself is concerned?
(a) Kalman believes Reuven is misguided by his father.
(b) Kalman thinks Reuven is not suited to being a Rabbi.
(c) Kalman thinks Reuven would be better as a hands-on Rabbi rather than a theoretical one.
(d) Kalman does not know what to do with Reuven.
5. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
(a) That Kalman has a personal vendetta against Professor Gordon,
(b) That Reuven is going to be dismissed from seminary.
(c) That Reuven plans to marry Rachel Gordon.
(d) That Reuven is going to apply to Professor Gordon's seminary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Reuven's father?
2. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
3. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
4. What book does Reuven read by Kalman on the subway?
5. What does Reuven's father finish?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)