|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Chapter Sixteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one adjective that describes Kalman?
2. With whom does Reb Saunders think Danny is involved?
(a) A Christian girl.
(b) A reformed Jewish woman.
(c) Rachel Gordon.
(d) No one.
3. Who is Rachel Gorden?
(a) A traveling circus member.
(b) The neighborhood rabbi's daughter.
(c) The narrator's grandmama.
(d) A woman the narrator meets at a Spring party.
4. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
(a) Orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
(b) Hot and cold.
(c) Zeal and apathy.
(d) The physical and spiritual worlds.
5. Why is Rav Kalman's orthodoxy so entrenched?
(a) Because of the beatings by his father when Rav Kalman is young.
(b) Because of the horrific events of the holocaust.
(c) No one knows why.
(d) Because he knows he is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Reuven call the day after he and Michael go sailing?
2. About what does Reuven say he has no right to be angry?
3. What does Reuven realize about Danny's work with Michael?
4. What does Ruth Gordon want?
5. What problem has Professor Gordon had?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)