|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three, Thirteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reuven encounter Professor Gordon?
(a) At Ellis Island.
(b) The library.
(c) At the hospital while visiting Michael.
(d) The zoo.
2. What does Kalman think Reuven wavers between?
(a) The physical and spiritual worlds.
(b) Hot and cold.
(c) Orthodoxy and heterodoxy.
(d) Zeal and apathy.
3. About what is the narrator's father writing a book?
(a) The crusades.
(c) The Talmud.
(d) Peaceful negotiations.
4. To whom does Kalman apologize?
(c) Professor Gordon.
5. What does Danny want Reuven to convince Michael's parents to do?
(a) Let them try isolation therapy on Michael..
(b) Send him to the West Coast to a successful clinic.
(c) Send him to Paris where they are successfully treating his problem.
(d) Take Michael home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael between the time of his breaking down at the fair and then arriving home?
2. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
3. What does Reuven resist that Michael is saying?
4. What does Kalman claim unravels and destroys the Talmud's authority?
5. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)