|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is David Malter?
(a) Michael's uncle.
(b) Reuven's father.
(c) Reuven's grandfather.
(d) Reuven's neighbor.
2. What does Reuven's father finish?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Building a prayer room onto the house.
(c) A series of lectures at local Jewish Zionist chapters.
(d) A textbook for his students about zoology.
3. Why has the population of the narrator's neighborhood grown rapidly by 1950?
(a) People are escaping persecution in other countries.
(b) A high birth rate after the end of WWII.
(c) The population has not increased much at all.
(d) The government offered free housing to people who would work in the factories there during the war.
4. When does Michael begin treatment?
(a) He refuses treatment.
(b) The second week in October.
(c) He starts the same day that Michael returns to classes.
(d) He agrees to start after the new year.
5. What does Kalman have Reuven read aloud?
(a) The writ of excommication of Professor Gordon.
(b) Parts of Kalman's newest publication.
(c) Texts by Gemora.
(d) The laws of ex-communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Michael while he is arguing?
2. What past experience of Rabbi Kalman's does Reuven mention?
3. According to Rueven's friend, what rumors are circulating through the seminary?
4. Who has been seeing Rachel more and more?
5. What does Michael say his nosebleeds are not a result of?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)