Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One, Chapter Four.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Reuven go the day after the fair?
(a) Coney Island.
(b) The beach.
(c) The Empire State Building.
(d) Times Square.
2. How does Reuven describe Professor Gordon?
(a) A kind, gentle soul.
(b) A very liberal Jewish Rabbi.
(c) A fanatical, orthodox Rabbi.
(d) A fanatical Zionist.
3. What sects have inhabited the narrator's neighborhood?
4. What does Michael see in himself?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) Some of his father.
(c) A cynic.
(d) A passionate truth seeker.
5. What leads Reuven to read books by Professor Gordon?
(a) Reuven's distaste for Rabbi Kalman.
(b) Reuven's father asks him to do so.
(c) Reuven's search for meaning.
(d) Reuven's interest in Rachel Gordon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Reuven?
2. What is one possible explanation for Michael's nosebleeds?
3. Why is Professor Gordon exhausted at the opening to Chapter 4?
4. How is Rachel's aunt helping Professor Gordon?
5. What is Rachel urging Michael to do?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)