|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Henry call the objects found in Cliff City?
(b) Chinese pieces.
(c) Indian relics.
(d) The last of a generation.
2. Who is a good friend who supplied men and supplies for the Cliff City project?
(a) Bill Hook.
3. What is the Professor's biggest regret about not going on the third trip with Outland?
(a) He wanted to see the Luxembourg Gardens with him.
(b) He wanted to visit his foster family.
(c) He wanted to see the Eifel Tower with him.
(d) He wanted to find the young girl he tried to give flowers to.
4. Where do Outland and Blake go to join their cattle for the first time?
(a) By the Colorado River.
(b) Up the river to the mountains.
(c) By the Blue Mesa.
(d) Over the plains to Durango.
5. How does Henry die?
(a) A snake bites him.
(b) He falls into the canyon.
(c) He dies of food poisoning.
(d) He dies of an asthma attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virginia Ward's advice for Outland?
2. What did Scott do that hurts Louie's feelings when he finds out?
3. What does Outland need to find to make his explorations easier?
4. How many people did Henry have in his family?
5. What does Outland have to clean up after the German man leaves the mesa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Blake's mistake about money in the end?
2. What was Blake's personality like? How did this affect how others viewed him?
3. Why do the cattle bolt from the mesa? What causes them to do this?
4. When the Professor thinks about Euripides, he thinks that maybe he lived in a cave because he had observed women so closely all his life. What does the Professor mean by this?
5. What does Outland find in the mesa?
6. When Outland returns to the mesa after Washington, how does he see the sunset?
7. What does Outland think about after he finds Cliff City?
8. According to the Professor, when did he change from the young Kansas boy to the mature adult?
9. When Outland lunches with the Director at the Smithsonian, what surprises him?
10. Had Outland lived, what would his life have looked like? Would he have lost his sense of adventure?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)