|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Professor NOT prepare for the fall school term?
(a) He does not feel he will be alive long enough to see it.
(b) He wants to spend the extra time in his garden.
(c) He does not need to prepare; he has taught the same course so many times.
(d) He is tired and believes he is sick.
2. In the end, how does the Professor feel about his life?
(a) The memories make him happy.
(b) He is indifferent to it.
(c) He sees a new beginning.
(d) He is saddened by it.
3. Where is the cabin that Outland and Blake live in while working for Sitwell?
(a) At the edge of the mountains.
(b) Just outside of town.
(c) At the front of the valley.
(d) 30 yards from the Cruzados River.
4. What does Outland find in himself on the mesa?
5. What does Outland need to find to make his explorations easier?
(a) Another man like Henry.
(b) More money.
(c) Another entrance to the mesa.
(d) Another mule.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does a person need to get into the poker game?
2. What is the big unanswered question for Outland and his group regarding Cliff City?
3. Whom does the Indian Commissioner think Outland should see about Cliff City?
4. What does Outland do when he stays out on the mesa alone after his trip to Washington?
5. Why is the young Frenchman in Washington at the same time as Outland?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Outland returns to the mesa after Washington, how does he see the sunset?
2. How does Outland react when he hears that Blake has sold the ancient objects from the ruins?
3. What is the work history of Henry Atkins?
4. Had Outland lived, what would his life have looked like? Would he have lost his sense of adventure?
5. How did Outland affect the outcome of the Spanish Adventurers' novels?
6. What is Blake's mistake about money in the end?
7. When the Professor thinks about Euripides, he thinks that maybe he lived in a cave because he had observed women so closely all his life. What does the Professor mean by this?
8. How does the mesa "come together" for Outland on his return from Washington?
9. What does Outland find in the mesa?
10. What did Lillian's income mean to the family as the years went by?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)