|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Outland and Blake go to join their cattle for the first time?
(a) Up the river to the mountains.
(b) By the Colorado River.
(c) Over the plains to Durango.
(d) By the Blue Mesa.
2. Where does Outland put Blake's money that he won in the poker game?
(a) In his hat.
(b) In the bank.
(c) In his grip.
(d) In his holster.
3. What does Louie want to do with the furniture in his house before they all leave on their trip?
(a) Give it to Scott and Kathleen.
(b) Give it away to Goodwill.
(c) Give it to the Professor and Lillian.
(d) Donate it to the college.
4. Where is the Sitwell winter camp?
(a) On the Cruzados River.
(b) In the valley
(c) On the plains.
(d) In the mountains.
5. What do the men find in the Eagle's Nest?
(b) A body.
(c) Tanning tools.
(d) Pots and pans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Outland know when he makes his discovery in the mesa?
2. What does Outland do with the objects he finds in Cliff City?
3. What kind of bedroom set does Rosamond want for her country house?
4. Why is the young Frenchman in Washington at the same time as Outland?
5. What had Henry done before he worked for Sitwell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mesa "come together" for Outland on his return from Washington?
2. What is life like after Henry comes to stay and work with Blake and Outland?
3. When Outland returns to the mesa after Washington, how does he see the sunset?
4. What did Lillian's income mean to the family as the years went by?
5. How do Outland and his men keep records as they excavate the ancient Cliff City?
6. As the story shifts to Tom Outland's story, who is the narrator? How does this affect the story?
7. Are the clerks at the Indian Commission in Washington truly interested in Cliff City?
8. How does Outland's group know that the ancient city had not been attacked by enemies?
9. Had Outland lived, what would his life have looked like? Would he have lost his sense of adventure?
10. How did Outland affect the outcome of the Spanish Adventurers' novels?
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)