|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Outland eat his meat?
(a) With a fork.
(b) With his fingers.
(c) With the side of a knife.
(d) With a spoon.
2. What does Mrs. Crane wish to discuss with the Professor when she comes to visit him?
(a) The college.
(b) A trip to Europe.
(d) Outland's money.
3. Who was engaged to Tom Outland?
4. Who is the current student who excited the Professor to controversy?
(a) Tod Miller.
(b) Joe Green.
(c) Temple Hat.
(d) Hazel Grough.
5. Why does Kathleen want her father to stop by her home in early November?
(a) To talk to her because she is lonely.
(b) To help her move a piece of furniture.
(c) To help her pick out some furs.
(d) To discuss her finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language did Outland study with a priest?
2. What was Outland carrying when he first met the Professor?
3. What puzzles the Professor about Kathleen's talents?
4. What kind of property does the Professor own at the lake?
5. What does the Professor call the garden in his former home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Professor meet Mrs. Crane in his study? Why is this awkward?
2. What is the significance of Louie saying that it is Scott who does not like his dinners?
3. Describe the garden at the Professor's former house. Why is this unusual?
4. What is the professor's answer to Scott when he expresses concern about Louie naming his new home "Outland"?
5. What financial offer does Rosamond offer her father? Why is the Professor uncomfortable with the offer?
6. What kind of personality does the study have? What are the study and house to the Professor?
7. Why does the Professor discuss the Cranes with his daughter Rosamond? What is going on between the Cranes and Louie? How does the mention of this name get Rosamond to leve him alone?
8. Why did Lillian refuse to help Augusta out of her financial problems?
9. What kind of relationship does the Professor have with Augusta?
10. What does the Professor remember most about his time in Paris?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)